Park Lane Hong Kong

The Park Lane Hong Kong
Agoda.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Affordable Luxury at its Best

An elegant business hotel located in the shopping & business district of Causeway Bay, the Park Lane exceeded my expectations in every way. It has 758 rooms, half of which have a view of the glittering Hong Kong harbour and the rest with a view of the city streets below.

The service was good - I checked in past midnight and the reception was professional and courteous and I was assigned a beautifully furnished room (300 sq feet) with a bathroom that had see-through glass panelling - a clever design to make the room itself look even more spacious. The bed was very, very comfortable but this is Hong Kong, so admittedly I didn't really spend that much time in my room. (smile)

Unique Quality: The impeccable Breakfast
    I can remember every little detail of the breakfast I had at The Cafe - the decor and furnishing were muted and impeccable, I had a gorgeous view of Victoria Park, and I can remember how happy I felt that bright autumn morning: with sunlight streaming in through the glass window and slight bite in the air brushing along my arms (from the temperature controlled air-conditioning, no doubt!). Breathing in the aroma and flavour of a good cup of hot steaming coffee ~ sigh~ To top off the experience the quality of the ingredients was obvious with every bite. The buffet featured a wide selection which included varieties of fresh juices, a Chinese selection (dimsum, pork buns, congee with fresh meats cooked the way you want it), an eggs station, braised mushrooms, sausages, bacon, hot oatmeal, yoghurts, salads, cheeses and cold cuts, pancakes, waffles, and much more.

Incidentally, a room guest can enjoy breakfast at a better rate than a walk-in customer, but you would need to inform the reception upon check in whether you want breakfast or not.

Meeting facilities
    Our group had a meeting in one of the function rooms on the top floor. The room was comfortable with good meeting facilities (including automated blinds to keep out the daylight for projections), nice sandwiches, salads and soups, with attentive service at all times.

Location/Transport:
    Within 5 minute of Causeway Bay MTR station, and also close to the Tramlines. It is also served by a direct door-to-door airport bus that you can ask the hotel to prebook for you at a cost of HK$140 one way. For shoppers, apart from the attached shopping mall, there is also unlimited choices on the streets, and late night shopping is possible because many shops here open till 10 or 11 pm. There is also a 24-hour supermarket just around the corner on Great George Street.

More about Park Lane Hong Kong

Fantastic Location

This was a great hotel to stay at. The rooms were extremely spacious, stylish and always look clean and new (have been told that this is a rarity in HK)and the maids were very friendly and assisting - always giving us at least two bottles of spring water each day.

As mentioned by alot of others, is can get quite noisy so bring ear plugs with you as the front desk won't supply them - and do not stay in room 2612 (on the 26th floor) as it is directly under the stage in the ballroom and it was shaking at one stage from the music above. We were upgraded to a premier club room from a deluxe, and it is very comtempory looking and stylish, but you actually get a little less room as the bathroom is made bigger. If you get upgraded for free it is fine, but if you are paying for it, i wouldn't bother.

The fitness centre is quite expensive (70 HKD per day) and it is not worth it. There is a great jogging track in the park across the road, plus other things for exercise with tennis courts, swimming pool and tai chi classes you can join in on. I'm a 23 year old girl and went some mornings by myself before it was even light and felt completely safe as there are hundreds of people in the park at all times, and they are really friendly.

Causeway Bay must be the best place in HK to stay, it is close to everything, has restaurants just down the road, and isn't a very touristy area. I would definitely stay in Causeway Bay again and at the Park Lane Hotel again :)

Great location!

by TripAdvisor Member Caligirrrl

We had the rare opportunity to stay in three different room types in this hotel! I was there for business, and my husband came along for fun. So we started in a standard room with no view. Actually, the view was an ugly courtyard with air conditioner units. But the room was fine. Typical hotel room, and we didn't experience any of the noise others have encountered at the hotel. Good amount of space, had a table and chair. Very polite wait staff, pretty good buffets at Cafe One. But the location was great. Every night, we'd wander the streets of Causeway Bay and soak in the electric lights and lively crowds. You're close to the subway, which we took everywhere. It's very safe and easy to use - and sooo much faster than cabs. Anyways, after my work was done, we stayed for the weekend and upgraded rooms to a Deluxe Standard with Harbour/City views. The city views were magnificent! So much better than the ocean, even. And this room seemed to have been recently remodeled. Cool glass walls around the bathroom (there is a shade if you need privacy), comfy bed, plenty of space. We did experience some noise on our last night in this room, however. We called the front desk and were informed that we were under an event room, so they upgraded us to a suite for our final night! We moved, even though we really liked our room. And I must say, we prefered the Deluxe Room over the Suite. The suite had tons of space. A separate sitting area with flat screen TV. The bedroom is bigger, and there were one and half baths, a stand alone bathtub. So there is TONS of room. However, it was not renovated like our previous room. There was cheap fake wood-like panelling and it was just not very nice. Great view, but no better than our other. It was great to have the space, but unless you need it, opt for the Deluxe Room for the money. Overall, we loved the Park Lane and would stay again. Not fancy, but very nice, terrific service, great location. Oh - another tip. Some Korean friends of mine were visiting and shared a gem with us - near the hotel is a massage place called The Big Bucket. The hotel didn't even know it. It's totally legit (just massages) and cheap. It was like $35 for an hour long massage. My husband had a body massage and I had a long foot massage - amazing! Great way to end a long day of shopping at the Jade Market!

City View

by TripAdvisor Member crippo

Nice and clean rooms ... very clean actually.

Bathroom wall was fun ... curved glass.

Great beds. On the right side of hard.

Could do with wifi but hey ho.

When I checked in, I asked for a non-smoking room. The desk responded by saying that I was scheduled for a smoking room but with a view of the harbour/victoria park. If I wanted to be in a no-smoking room, it was a "city view" -- but the room was on a higher floor (18 Vs 4) and was bigger. They showed me a pic of a cityview room complete with HK skyscraper skyline visible thru the window.

I agreed providing it was no extra $. They confirmed same price and made me sign I'd been told "cityview".

I should have known.

View was directly into someone's front room across the block. If I craned my neck, i could just about see the harbour.

Apart from that, nice place reasonably priced.

not happy

Family group travelling ,We booked directly online with this hotel and were given a confirmation that we would receive a deluxe room overlooking the harbourand park.On arrival when we booked in we were given a room overlooking another building and the room was only set up for a couple. It took the hotel nearly two hours to rectify the mistake and little compassion and no apologies for the mistake.

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member dr_welshman

Stayed here with Virgin Holidays - the hotel had no idea at check-in about the free room upgrade we were meant to get as an early booking discount, took 45min to check-in! Our room was on the 10th floor (of 27) overlooking the park, could see some of the harbour to the far left, but not much. Having spend two weeks in China, this hotel was below par compared to others accross the border! It came accross rather luxurious on the lobby floor with shops selling very expensive items (jewelry / sunglasses etc). There was also a Haggen Dazz ice cream shop next to the side exit and a large Ikea in the basement!
All the staff were very curteous and pleasant. We took a Starbucks coffee in to the lobby area, and got asked to pour our coffees into hotel cups! Did not eat at the hotel, hence can't comment - but the first floor restaurant looked good (buffet style) but again expensive.
Room - good bed and telly, decent size room but small bathroom. Lacked bathroom scales so us flying economy had to guess luggage weight (badly!). Decent selection of English channels but had to pay for films. Room appeared bland with no decorative touches, some of the furniture was dated. Had a notice appologising for the noise during their refurbushment - didn't hear a thing. Two bottles of complimentary water a day (large ones too). Free safety deposit box (which was huge) in room, with a communal facility behind reception after checking out (for late departures). Check out was 12.00, but our airport pick up was 19.00 - had complimentary showers in the health club on the 5th floor (massages etc all available). Half the hotel seemed to check out at exactly 12.01 - and all queued at the same time at reception - took an hour! The hotel could have done with extra seating area in the lobby/reception area - most seats were part of their coffee shop, hence very little space when waiting for people or coaches etc.
Location - right in the middle of the Causeway Bay area - couldn't be more central to where it's all happening (especially shopping!). Underground exit 2min walk away, McD opposite, Starbucks opposite and a nice food terrace in the adjacent building catering for most tastes.
The Excelsior was very close by, but seemed to have a more water front location - hence, I'm assuming better views - might try that next time, or on the other side the Inter Continental seemed to have the best view of the harbour of all hotels.

Great hotel and location

by TripAdvisor Member SallyandIan

We had a great stay at the Park Lane Hotel HK, we booked through Expedia and got a free upgrade onto the 22nd floor (premium club) overlooking Victoria Park. Room, staff were all fabulous and we have no complaints - would recommend this hotel to anyone.

An added bonus was the complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails in the lounge area of the 22nd floor. A lovely touch.

Great Hotel, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member thestonna

Stayed here in July on the way to Australia. When we got to the hotel we were really suprised this was the cheapest of all the hotels we had booked and for the money it was fantastic. On arrival we got a free upgrade on a high floor looking straight over to the lights of Kowloon. The room was very nice and every day was cleaned well. The breakfast was very good and the menu food was too.The location is causeway bay which is a shopping area and the shopping for women here is amazing. Just round the corner of the hotel was the underground so getting anywhere was very easy. There are not too many bars about as the tax on alcohol is 40% steap !! But if you want a night on the beers go to the area Lang Kwai Fong which is a full street of top bars and clubs we got very drunk on one of our nights in Hong Kong. Also taxis are cheap in Hong Kong (a tip is to get a business card from your hotel as its name is written in English and cantonese so you can just show the taxi driver the card to avoid any confusion). Use the Star Ferry go for one close to 8 o' clock from Hong Kong to Kowloon and see the light show for 17 pence, great. Then go to the Peninsula for cocktails or go to the Temple Street Market or Ladies Markets.

paying to use gym for a clean up

by TripAdvisor Member annekin

we got a up grade to the 22 floor when we arrived ,asked for a non smoking room the room had been used by a smoker the room we were moved to was on 24th floor but was ok the complaint I have is on alate flight home we had booked out of our room in the morning there were no facilites for a shower later in the day we were expected to pay $70 to use the gym for a shower this is not accepable as all the hotels we have visited have had at least somewhere to clean up for the journey home we would not use the hotel again

Comments