71 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China

Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Kowloons Worst Hotel

Hi,
    I checked into the Regal Kowloon Hotel and the check in process was slow and tedious, the staff was rude and did not seem to be bothered by the requests that I and fellow travellers made during the procedure.

Worse to come I got into the room and the room stank like a hord of cattle had stayed in there for the last three decades, after a complaiint and lots of insistance I was offered another room which was not much better, the room was old, smelly and with a dim light proper of a brothel then a hotel.

I was exhausted from my trip, took a shower which was not ok, as during my bathroom business the toilet overflowed and I was forced to call the housekeeping staff, after two hours of working on the "problem" I was left with a stinky room and a suspicious bathroom, as I was not convinced it was clean.

During the night I was suddenly feeling itchy and got up too discover that some very small bugs were dwelling on my body and in the bed. Believe or not the bed was infested with fleas - fleas that transmit dieseases and are certainly not to be found in a hotel that claims to be a luxury hotel.

I could not believe my ears when at 2 a.m. in the morning I was told to make another room change.

I did not take the breakfast as I just wanted out of this hellhole!!!!

NEVER EVER STAY AT THE REGAL KOWLOON HOTEL - IT IS THE WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD!!!
    THEY MADE ME PAY FOR IT AND THEY WILL PAY FOR IT!!! I PROMISE !!! They ruined my last night in Asia and I shall never foorget it!

Jonathan

Directions: Don' t Go There

• RogerLB's Profile Photo

A short ferry trip from Hong Kong

I found this to be a well managed hotel with helpfull staff. The room was clean, airy and well equiped. There are most of the facilities I would have expected as a tourist and all were fully functional. I only had breakfast in the hotel, which I found to be very good and evening drinks which were even better. I cant remember the exact price I paid but it would have been par for the course.

Unique Quality: I upgraded before my arrival in the hope of getting a Hong Kong view, and although I did get one of sorts it was mainly obscured by a large building, which was a bit of a disapointment. That aside, it is very convenient for the local shops, resturants and nightlife and only a pleasant 30 minute walk away from the Star ferry to Hong Kong.

• Boca24's Profile Photo

Good Location

The hotel is located in Kowloon, near enough to many of the attractions, but offering quiet away from the craziness that is Central.

Directions: Tsimshatsui areas by the peir to Central.

More about Regal Kowloon Hotel

Regal Oriental

by ChrisP_UK about Regal Oriental Hotel

I can't believe this is a four star hotel.
The room smelt, the air conditioning wouldn't turn off, the breakfast was horrible and overcrowded, the in room wireless internet did not work and although it was a non smoking room, the walls were yellow from nicotine
The rooms here could of used a refurbishment in 1985.
The local area looks rough but if you do end up stuck here, look around, it isn't actually that bad.
Of course with the quality of the rooms you will want to go for a walk just to get out of them!
Stay away, but not from the Regal brand, the Regal Kowloon was much better! It didn't have any cockroaches.

YMCA Salisbury fully booked

by cinq

Hi guys and gals

YMCA Salisbury seems to be fully booked for my dates (14-17 Jan 2005). I need a twin share room with option to add an extra bed, prefer same area (seems a popular area near food and the star ferry and shopping) and near MTR.

Suggestions please, want to get a list so I can do down the line, seems this period is rather hot!

Re: YMCA Salisbury fully booked

Charterhouse - Causeway Bay

Re: Re: YMCA Salisbury fully booked

by cinq

Thanks Rubi

I managed to get a YMCA booking on another booking site called asiahotels.com, but in my haste and sleepiness, booked one of the days wrong. Anyone has experience booking with this site, I emailed them to correct the booking, waiting for a reply. Have not given credit card details yet.

Comments