Regal iClub Hotel

iclub Wan Chai Hotel
Agoda.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• hotel stay went terribly wrong

check in on the 08/04/2011. after a long flight and trouble finding the Iclub hotel. Step in, no greeting from the staff or whatsoever. They never smile throughout the period. Worst, i was given a room on the 5th level just beside the breakfast lounge! FYI, the breakfast is served at level 5 kind of a room converted into a lounge.
    Immediately asked the counter staff for change of room but got rejected straight without even trying to help. Worst, the staff said the amount i paid only deserve a room at level 5. For goodness sake, i paid close to US130 and i booked thru the iclub website, it was not given to me free ok!!!
    As i am a light sleeper, couldnt take it and on the 2nd day requested for assistance for change of room but still got rejected. So everymorning i have got a VERY EFFECTIVE FREE ALARM clock right outside my room as early as 7AM ! (Distance from my room to the lounge?, 01 METRE)

Enough said.

1st class room design, 3rd class management staff.

• hotel stay went terribly wrong

Enough said.

1st class room design, 3rd class management staff

More about Hong Kong

Nighttime view of Hong Kong's skyscrapersNighttime view of Hong Kong's skyscrapers

Nathan Road at nightNathan Road at night

Hongkong IslandHongkong Island

Main Gate of DisneylandMain Gate of Disneyland

when to book my flight for best price

by lifecoach

Hi all, I'm travelling to Phuket in May with a stop over in Hong Kong from Canada and planning on flying with Cathy Airline. For those of you who have flown with Cathy Airline, have you found it better to book early (still just over six months away) or wait till closer to the time and if so, how close. I'm trying to find the best price. Would really appreciate hearing what you have to say about your experiences in this regards, thanks

Re: when to book my flight for best price

by johnaalex

The answer is the same for all airlines - book as much in advance as possible, this is usually up to 11 months prior to departure. The cheap deals are always the first to go. Also note that in most cases the cheap tickets are non-changeable and non-refundable.

Regards

John

Re: when to book my flight for best price

by lifecoach

thanks John, much apprciated

Travel Tips for Hong Kong

Honesty

by arklandtravel

One of the best memories of Hong Kong during my first visit there is the genuine honesty of its people. Circa 1969: At the eve of our departure from HKG we had a wonderful dinner show courtesy of the Bardahl people and Count de Bedin.In the morning the expensive watch that I borrowed from my father was missing.I couldnt remember where I left it probably because I was still euphoric about last night and my mother was getting hysterical, then I remembered. I took it off washing my hands at our hotel. I rushed to the head waiter of the Imperial Hotel and told him my predicament.He told me to describe the watch and then he said "Is it this one?" "Yes that's the one", I told him and thanked him profusely. That event left an indelible mark on me about these people's honesty.

Kowloon (the name means 'Nine...

by AndreasK

Kowloon (the name means 'Nine Dragons') is the large peninsula on the Chinese mainland north of Hong Kong Island that became part of Hong Kong in 1860. Kowloon and in particular its southernmost tip, Tsim Sha Tsui (“Elephant's Trunk”), is where the majority of tourists end up staying. This is not only the budget accommodation centre of Hong Kong, but also the most cosmopolitan area of any Chinese city.

Ocean Park, The Peak, Mai Po...

by nelsonyue

Ocean Park, The Peak, Mai Po Preserved Area, etc and more... Things are moving fast here. There is no racial discrimination here. Low tax, things are relatively cheap except buying a house / flat here. Comunications (locally or internationally) are convenient and fast and relatively cheap.

Directions

by ahoerner

All over Hong Kong the tourist can find the regular street signs in blue and the tourist information signs in rose/red.

Tip: Follow those signs and you will not be lost, they are most of time very accurate.

Having to carry ID/ money issues.

by John6868

One thing to bear in mind is that in Hong Kong you are required to carry some form of identification. HK residents have ID cards and visitors are supposed to carry their passports although I have never known any Western Visitor to be asked.
The reason for this law is to identify Illegal Immigrants from China hence the reason why Western tourists are never stopped. In 13 years I have only been asked twice and those occassions were on late night busses in the New Territories and the Police could hardly pass me by when he was asking everyone else for ID.
When I'm travelling I have a neck pouch in which I keep my passport (it is in a plastic zip lock bag also to prevent sweat leaking in). Money is always split 3 ways and in 3 places. Travellers cheques, cash and credit card, in my pouch, in my wallet and then in packpack/luggage. My reasoning is that if I loose one item I still have 2/3 of my funds which should be enough to keep me going as well as not to ruin the trip.

Comments