193 Prince Edward Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Free upgrade to Executive Suite

Have a pleasant surprise to be upgraded to 18th floor Executive Suite which includes King's size bed (love the mattress; won't disturb your spouse when turning), one writing desk, one-seater sofa. The rest of the room are empty space super big for shopping bags and luggages. 3 power sockets below the writing desk and one power socket below television = don't have to use multi-plug.

Great room service.

It's linked to a big shopping mall, Mong Kok East MTR which is one stop to Hong Hum MTR for concert, and a huge overhead bridge with exits to Fa Yuen St, Sai Yeung Choi St. Walking distance to both Mong Kok and Prince Edward MTR.

• river_plate_94's Profile Photo

Good hotel in Mong Kok

Had a good stay at Royal Plaza Hotel. It is in Mong Kok with shopping mall, cinema, and Mong Kok East MTR station in same area. Free shuttles to and from Airport Express (K6), free shuttles through out day to Tsim Sha Tsu, and always taxis available at front lobby. Each room has good Air Conditioning, flat LCD TV, and mini bar. 24 hr room service. Breakfast buffet was very good selection but kind of expensive. Cheaper to eat at McDonalds or food court in shopping mall next door. Good travel desk. They set up very nice night time horserace trip to Happy Valley for me and family.

Unique Quality: Has a wonderful pool but I did not use it because of bad weather.

• bojomacaraig's Profile Photo

Royal Pacific Hotel in Canton Road HK

Great stay...

Unique Quality: If you are coming to Hong Kong From Macau via ferry.. it is recomended to stay on this hotel. The hotel is located beside the China Ferry Terminal..in fact they are in the same roof.

• Avya's Profile Photo

Clean Nice Hotel

I stayed there a night during my trip in May 2007. Breakfast was nice, environment clean and grand. No complaints, only thing... couldn't enjoy the hotel enough as we were hardly in the hotel!

Unique Quality: It's just next to a shopping mall and ladies street, so that's cool.

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel in Mongkok

I would say it is 3-4 stars, but we stayed at the 13th floor, non smoking rooms, they were huge rooms alright. we had king sized beds, 2 seater sofa, a dressing unit, and tv with all the channels you wanna to watch - if you ever find time doing so, and also a nice pantry, with fridge, coffee makign machine, microwave and also hot plates...what more can you ask for.

Service was very good.

Unique Quality: located above the KCR Mongkok station, excellent if you wanna do a China trip!!! otherwise you can walk to exit D at the shopping mall to Mongkok MTR station (exit B3) with overhead covered bridge walk. Also close to Fa Yuen street markets.

business centre - 40 HKD for 20 mins internet

• amberose's Profile Photo

Royal Plaza Hotel

Unique Quality: This hotel was absolutely luxurious and beautiful. You almost expect that there would be a sense of snobbery because it was so opulent. The hotel staff and management were very congenial and I would return here again.The swimming pool is outdoor- heated and equipped with underwater speakers. You cana ctually hear music as you swim underwater. The swimming pool is gorgeous in structure and quite large.The hotel is also located beside a large shopping mall and the MRT Mong Kok station. Travelling by cab, shuttle or MRT was easy.

More about Royal Plaza Hotel

Comfort and Location.. I had it all..

by TripAdvisor Member fadzliana

My family and I stayed at the Royal Plaza Hotel early June this year for 2 nights, and I have to say, we had a wonderful time there. The hotel is attached to a shopping mall and an MTR (mass transit railway) station which can take you almost anywhere from Disneyland to Mainland China. A few minutes walk out of this hotel, and you will find thousands of shops and boutiques. Finding food outside this hotel is also within 5-10 minutes walk.

Now, on the hotel itself, we stayed in a deluxe room, which consists of 2 thick comfortable bed you would expect from any decent hotels. Nothing special about the room or the bathroom. It is however, very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was just about average to me. Lots of fresh local fruits which is good to keep you hydrated because HK is extremely hot this time of the year.
The pool was also nice with a jacuzzi and a steam room on the 8th floor.

Overall, if I do come back to HK again one day, (which I'm sure I will as it is truly a shopping heaven), I will definitely stay at the Royal Plaza Hotel again, mostly because of it's location, and the comfort I know it offers.

Perfect location!

by TripAdvisor Member Sugarpuffs

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Plaza for 2 weeks in March. We had previously stayed at the Hotel Concourse (now the Metropark Mong Kok) so were familiar with the area. We decided on the Royal Plaza because it seemed like a good deal for a great rate. We were not disappointed.

We travelled from the airport to Kowloon station via Airport Express (approx 20 mins) and then took a taxi to the hotel. I think there are buses available but this was the most convenient option. I highly recommend the Airport Express.

The hotel is located in Mong Kok near Nathan Road. This area is less touristy (so you may see fewer Westerners around) but you do see how Hong Kong people live. It is very close to Ladies Market, Flower Market and Goldfish Market too.

We loved the location as it is right on top of Grand Century Plaza shopping centre and the KCR station. The back entrance of the hotel leads into the shopping centre. The hotel is also connected by a covered raised walkway to most of the local attractions and Prince Edward MTR station (a couple of mins walk).

The hotel room we had was located on the non smoking floor. We were very impressed with the size of the room considering this was Hong Kong. It was very spacious. The bathroom was also very nice and the power shower was great. The room was very quiet (I'm a light sleeper so this is important). The view of Flower Market wasn't great but that didn't bother us.

There was a complimentary copy of the South China Morning Post delivered every morning which was great. The TV also showed quite a few channels including about 3 devoted to football which pleased my husband! I couldn't get away from English football even in Hong Kong.

Our room rate didn't include breakfast so we made a trip to a local bakery most mornings for fresh Chinese cakes & buns (Jimmy's in Prince Edward). We only ate in the restaurant once for an evening buffet (La Scala). It was good but the Langham Place Hotel's buffet in Mong Kok is superior for a similar price. There are so many places you can eat in the area you are spoilt for choice. We would recommend the food court in Langham Place shopping centre near Mong Kok MTR.

At the end of our stay we took a taxi from outside the hotel entrance directly back to the airport. It was quicker as we had an early morning flight.

We would not hesitate to recommend the Royal Plaza hotel and are looking forward to staying there again soon.

Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member BanaPona

I stayed at the RPH in Mongkok for a conference that I attended. I had a few extra work days there and a weekend – staying there for over a week. It was definitely excellent value for the money. The room was good-sized – as you can see from the pictures – and had a lot of natural light thanks to a bay window. The view out the window was also not bad – plenty of hills to look at and it was a rather open view with no tall building near it (quite a rarity for the area I think). The working desk was good and handy, as was the little love seat which was a nice place to sit and unwind after a day of work. My room had a clock radio (unlike another reviewer).

The internet speed is quite good, but maybe expensive for a day or two – but worth it for a longer-stay (different rate long-term). Initially, I had technical problems – and the ISP’s hotline staff were useless (i.e., could not speak a lick of real English). However, the hotel sent up a bellboy immediately and he took care of it very quick (by himself, sans the useless hotline).

The location is pretty good. Mongkok is quite close to the happening areas of Kowloon – could even walk if want (but very quick by train). Hong Kong Island is not too far at all by train. You also have good access by train to the New Territories, if you have business to conduct there. I am not a big lover of the Mongkok area itself – but there is a ton of various shopping there, although I really could not find a serious grocery store in the area - - had to buy snacky stuff from the ever-present 7-11s (2 every side of the street it seemed!). Mongkok does provide a decent overview of Hong Kong youth culture – as a ton of teenagers hang out.

The KCR is ridiculously close (2 min walk from hotel door into the adjacent mall). The MTR station is 5-10 min walk away also. With these, you are well connected to the whole large area. The walkways to these are also covered – a definite plus if you encounter rain.

The hotel restaurant is pretty good, including a decent breakfast buffet (especially for Asia). But some of the cheaper and younger guests liked running to the McD’s in the mall for breakfast.

Getting to the hotel very cheap and quick is easy – I found the airport train and then a taxi from the Kowloon station worked well.

Two bad things about the stay. I found the TV lacking in English stations – very limited choices. Also, I felt like I got screwed on phone calls. I would make a quick (less then one minute) call home and my wife would call back. I have done this in many places with minimum charges. At this hotel, they had a flat international connection fee, and I ended up paying a couple hundred dollars for less than 10 mins on the phone. This arrangement seems really bad for a business traveler – considering chatting on IM if you stay here.

My best stating experience in HK so far.

by TripAdvisor Member Nosaj

My wife & myself had a maqrvelous 7 night stay there. The furnishing are in pristine condition in accord to 5 star standard, likewise for the toilet. Excellent view, very comfortable bed, what more can you ask. My room comes with a comfortable couch (excellent for recieving friends) & a kitchennette that comes with heating plate & microwave oven.(No need for room service when you are hungry in the middle of the night.)
Friendly & attentive service by staff (perhaps it helps that I speak Cantonese) Definitely my hotel of choice when I visit HK again. Highly recommended to friends & family alike.

Finally a good hotel in HK

by TripAdvisor Member waikent

My family and I spent 5 days in Hong Kong. This is the 5th time we have been to Hong Kong and we have constantly been disappointed with the standard and costs of the hotels. Until now.

The Royal Plaza is located in Mongkok on top of the railway station that takes you through to Shenzen. It is also on top of a large mall which has all the basic shops and restaurants (including a supermarket).

The hotel is huge (~600 rooms). The staff (especially room service) are very prompt and efficient. The rooms are clean and quite large compared to others we have stayed in.

My only gripe was that although the hotel has many signs indicating it is a non smoking hotel, it wasn't clear if this is the case in the rooms. We had a non smoking room but you could still smell the faint whiff of smoke. We figured out that near the lifts are some seats which appeared to be used as smoking spots by guests. The smoke was drifting down the hall. I can understand a non smoking rule being hard to enforce (read Chinese mainlanders), but for everybody's comfort it should.

All up a great hotel, well priced and located in a non touristy spot. If your after a taste of the real Hong Kong but within 10 mins reach of the touristy side as well, then the Royal Plaza is a goer.

The Royal Plaza Hotel Kowloon

by chantalleptos

Hello!
I am seeking some advice regarding accommodation; my partner and I are travelling to Hong Kong from Australia in November for leisure/ sightseeing and shopping.
I have been trying to work out where we are going to stay however I am having some difficulty with the different areas/which is better, etc.
So far I have gathered that we want to stay in Kowloon (Mongkok or Tsim Sha Tsui).
I'd like to know if anyone has stayed at The Royal Plaza and whether they can comment on the location/property. I have chosen this property as I have been able to find a fantastic Internet price.
I am also open to recommendations and advice!
Many thanks,
C.

by DSwede

I don't know that property, but I also stayed in Kowloon. Its a great central place to stay. Its a small place, so everything is reachable by foot, or subway. You'll save a lot of money by staying in this area versus staying over on the island, even though they are only 5 minutes apart by ferry.

by kingcow1023

Hi,

If you are talking about the royal plaza at mongkok,

this hotel is really good at location as it locate at the shopping district mongkok.
Also, there is a shopping mall and MTR(train) station just under the hotel, if you find a website discount, i think it would be a very good choice!

by silkier

There is no doubt that Royal Plaza is better, better location quality. At least Royal Plaza is near the KCR station and it is located in downtown, it is easy for you to visit Mong Kok, Tsim Sha Tsui and HK Island.

Metropark is fine also but it is not very good for transportation, which may spend more time on it

Comments