USA Hostel

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Budget Travel Backpacking Family Travel

Horrible Horrible and Horrible Staff

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 17, 2012

Although I speak their language, I must still step out to voice that this guesthouse (that has named themselves interchangeably as USA Hostel, Kowloon New Hostel, Venetian Hostel, Travellers Friendship Hostel and New Garden Hostel) has horrible, horrible and horrible staffs.

First, they are listed in the HK Hostel/Guesthouse Licensing Board in that they are categorised under the list of "Stay Safe Go For Guesthouse with a License". I was so pissed off that I wrote in to the licensing board to lodge my complaint and I also urge you guys whom had stayed with them to do the same so that they should be removed from the list.

I have stayed on 2 occasions with USA Hostel. First occasion went pretty well. Rooms on 14th Floor by the brand name of Venetian Hostel is what you will see on the videos loaded at their website. I was lucky then to have gotten a room on 14th floor. I must cautioned, booking a room and staying at 14th floor is not a guarantee.

On the 2nd occasion that I stayed with them for 2 nights, we booked through email. We were given room at 10th floor. This time no sign of the name of hostel. Room given with aircond working perfectly too well that it comes without a remote control. That leaves us shivering like hell in the room with the thin bedsheets called "blanket" by them. Next day we requested for the remote control at the reception desk attended by a HK national chinese man that we believe is related to the Li Family founder. We were shooed away by him at the reception desk in that our request were totally being ignored. He discharged his responsibility by shooing us away and told us to refer to their Filipinos seated outside near the lift. We had no choice but approached these female Filipinos and one of the plump Filipino was shouting at us when we requested for the remote control. Terribly rude. They told us there are no remote control for the airconds. We had no choice but to request more of their "blanket".

If you want to enjoy your holidays, DO NOT STAY WITH THIS HOSTEL. They will definitely ruined your holidays. During my stay with them, I witnessed many occasion of different customers staying with them that also complains them at reception desk and being ignored. THEY DO NOT FIT TO BE IN SERVICE LINE.

Unique Quality: NONE and DO NOT STAY WITH THEM.

Nearby USA Hostel

USA Hostel

• Usa Hotel Hong Kong

Address: Flat F1, 13/F, Miradr Mansion, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China

Hong Kong Travel Forum

Need advice about Hong Kong? Visit the Travel Forum for Hong Kong and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hong Kong hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into Hong Kong
Central District
Aberdeen
Things to Do
Hong Kong Park (Admiralty)
Electronics