No.1 Austin Road West, Kowloon Station, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China

Agoda.com Booking.com WHotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Chic - Trendy - Top Hotel

In May 2009 I stayed in the W-Hotel, a very new, very chic, very modern and very luxurious hotel in Kowloon.

What a difference to the backpackers dormitory, where I staid 20 years ago in Hongkong! I was dazled by all this splendor and space.

Unique Quality: The rooms are spacious and designed in clear colors. A big bathroom, where you can watch TV from the bathtub, is nice. I did not like, that the bathroom is open to the sleepingroom. But that seems to be normal today.

The swimmingpool on top of the 76floor scysraper offers spectacular views.

Restaurants and bars are very nice, very cool. Much modern art everywhere

What can I say? W-Hotel is a hotel where you just get everything you need and more. Actually I prefer the old fashioned hotels with a separated bathroom.

Directions: The W-Hotel is located in the harbour area of Kowloon. There is a big shopping mal in the complex. Also the Kowloon station of the Airport-Train is here. It is about 10 Minutes walk to Temple Street and Nathan Road.

More about W Hong Kong

another record holder

by picek

So, what's next: International Commerce Centre (ICC)! It is going to be next tallest building in Hong Kong – 118 storeys and total height will take 484 m; this will make it for the world 3rd building.
It is scheduled to have it completed in 2010, so lets wait a bit and see. When we were visitng HK in early 2009 they were completing the top while lower parts had already used space for offices, and well… you often had bad weather when you couldn't see most of the building, let alone top of it.
So far there are these plans:
2 luxurious hotels: 5 star Ritz Carlton on the top 15 floors; the observation deck and there are going to be top restaurants, indoor swimming pool, spa, conference and that. So, if that happens… at least a glass of wine we could afford there, I hope. If not, I hope they won't charge for views – they say it will be public.

Other hotel will be W Hong Kong with suites, restaurants, rooms etc… the rest of building will be shared among variety of uses. Offices to restaurants, bank departments to spas, shopping to entertainment, residental areas… all that luxurious stuff.

It is part of huge West Kowloon project and the architecture of ICC was done by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates.

J W Marriott

by ryan1971 about J W Marriott

This hotel is excellently located to explore hong kong, it is linked to the MTR (underground) via the Pacific place mall ,so you can basically get across all areas without stepping outside. The bus stop for Stanley is just across the road and it's a short walk to the Peak tram

The rooms are nicely decorated and i loved the control panel next to the bed for the lights, curtains, do not disturb etc.

We only had a mountain view room, but as we only slept and got changed at the hotel, this was not a problem.

We found the service impeccable, what ever we asked for was delivered very quickly and with a smile.

The hotel also has a gym which is good by the standards i have seen at other hotels & the pool is heated.

I would certainly recommend this hotel highly

Very new and very nice

by nepalgoods about The Mira

This has been the former Miramar Hotel. Now it is completely renovated. Very modern and very comfortable. Every detail has been intensely thought of. The clors are harmonic, the standard rooms are very nice. The hotel has every facility you can think of: spa and swimmingpool, banquet halls, restaurant and a famous cafe with delicious cakes.

Ver interesting are the low hallways: with a construction of colors and mirrors the hallways seem to be much higher than they are. I did not stay in this hotel, but I would have liked it more than the W-Hotel. It does not look so trendy and cool but is also very modern. The rooms do not only offer the possibility to connect your computer with Internet but also has comuters on every room.

W onderful

by TripAdvisor Member HONkiev

I do love W hotels - and I have to say that the W Hong Kong (together with the W Seoul) is a W at its best.

The style of everything is perfect, the room (incl. the view fabulous)...

I can't say more than that the W is much better than the other hotels I've staid in Hong Kong.

My next stay is W again!

Cold Shower!!

by TripAdvisor Member saitodaniel

W Hotel is often noted for their spectacular setting and decor. For that I give them a OK rating. I have been to most of the W Hotels in the World. But to my surprise the W Hotel Hong Kong falls short of quality. When stumbling and checking into the W Hotel after a Macau 24 hour gambling binge, I wanted to take a much needed warm shower and wash off. To my surprise, COLD WATER! Now usually this is abnormal for a hotel of this nature. So I thought I'd keep the water on for a few minutes to see whether if the water would get at least warm. No dice.

You would think house keeping would track whether if there is HOT WATER running in the hotel. But to my dismay this hotel falls short in quality.

Of course they moved me into another room, only to find that the TV didn't work - but I got HOT WATER . So basically I gave up and will probably will not stay there again.

Very W experience indeed

by TripAdvisor Member airtoronto

Decided to give the W Hotel a try...I tried to stay there in Sept when they just opened the hotel for the soft opening, but there was no smoking room available...so I ended up staying at the Sheraton instead.

Check-in was very smooth, and the staff were very cheerful and friendly...

I didn't get a chance to try the restaurants, but I did have room service a few times...they were very nice, but just like all the other 5 star hotels...

The room itself was very nice, I was upgraded to a corner room (to make up for the Sept mishap)...loved the pillow and the sheets...a very big plus....there was also a connection for your laptop to the LCD TV, and so that was a nice little touch as well.

There was a small problem, my luggage didnt' arrive in my room after checking in..I waited for one hour before I had to call the front desk to ask what happened and then they promptly sent my luggage.

Location wise, it's great, just attached to the new Elements Shopping Mall, and on top of the Kowloon Airport Express Station. It is very close to the TST area, and so a great choice of a hotel to stay at if you don't need to be in HK Island the whole time!

Amazing and convenient

by TripAdvisor Member Vallyty

W Hong Kong is like Hong Kong city: Amazing and convenient.

This is a ultramodern hotel with high tech-solutions.

Convenient hotel-location. Walking distance from Kowloon Airport Express-station. Only one metro-stop from central Hong Kong.
Upscale shopping and a variety of restaurants at Elements mall next door to the hotel.

I stayed five nights in a "Fabulous room" with full harbor view. Somebody will maybe find the view disappointing. It isn't of the famous Hong Kong skyline, but to west overlooking sunset and container-handling.

Very friendly and good service from the hotel-staff.

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member Suz020

I stayed at the W Hong Kong for 7 nights in December 2008 and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were probably the friendliest that I have encountered in any hotel in Hong Kong, less reserved and more chatty than in most other Hong Kong hotels (as you might expect from a US chain).
I've stayed in many other luxury hotels in Hong Kong and the W is, in my view, up there with the best of them although it is a very different experience from staying in, say, the Peninsula. As others have noted, the hotel is quite trendy with a young feel, and is not as traditional as most other luxury hotels in Hong Kong. It doesn't feel particularly Asian but has more of a 'New York' vibe.
My room was spacious with all mod cons - fantastic TV, sound system, lighting etc and the bathroom was fabulous with a great rainforest shower. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi is excellent and has a good view of the ICC which is currently being built. The bar at the hotel is very smart - I didn't try any of the restaurants but breakfast was very good, as was room service, which I ordered a couple of times. I loved the individual touches in the hotel too, such as the fresh cookies or jelly beans which the staff occasionally left in my room, and the decor of the lift lobbies and corridors which is very interesting and different.
Some people might find the location a bit inconvenient, there is a half hourly shuttle bus from the hotel to Tsim Sha Tsui but otherwise you need to get a taxi to and from TST. It is an up and coming area so will no doubt get more happening in future but there are lots of shops and restaurants in Elements mall, which the hotel is connected to, and the MTR below the hotel offers easy access to Central (and to the airport).
If you can live with the slightly out of the way location, the W is worth a try as it is a fab hotel.

Hidden treasure!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MK001

My husband and I usually stay at the Four Seasons in Central whenever we go to Hong Kong. But this time we decided to try the new W Hotel. What a great surprise! Rooms are not as big as the 4 Seasons but still very good size. Interior decor is very modern, sleek as you expect a W Hotel should be. Staffs are very attentive but some of them are bit lack of experience (compare to the staffs at the 4 Seasons). But overall experience was great. I will definitely stay there again.

w/ adsw/ ads

Shopping w/ Younger SisShopping w/ Younger Sis

Shopping w/ Mommy & SisShopping w/ Mommy & Sis

Souvenir pics w/ Gary EstradaSouvenir pics w/ Gary Estrada

Airport to W Hotel in Kowloon?

by Bublik

Please let me know what is the way to get to W Hotel using public transportation? How long will it take?

Re: Airport to W Hotel in Kowloon?

by Dabs

Hong Kong has a super efficient airport express train and it looks like the W Hotel doesn't even require a shuttle ride after you get off the train so it'd be really convenient for you.

Comments