Yan Yan Guest House

Flat E1, Block E, 8/F, Chungking Mansions, 36-44 Nathan Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Hong
Yan Yan Guest House
Booking.com eDreams HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Hong Kong

Where I went in Hong Kong in 1965Where I went in Hong Kong in 1965

Stanley MarketStanley Market

Hong Kong light showHong Kong light show

Looking over LantuaLooking over Lantua

Professionally tailored suits in HK..

by anonymousmoose

I'm going to HK and want to find out if there are any great tailors. I'm very fussy on fashion and I'm after a tailor who can make me a suit or suits for a decent price but they gotta be top quality.

Can anyone recommend a tailor for me please?

by ter1413

The best tailor in HK(IMO) for suits is WW Chan. Great detailing/cut/etc. Now you mentioned a "decent price." They are not cheap...but well worth the $$.

by anonymousmoose

Thanks for that. Can you give me a price range please?

by anonymousmoose

Ooops, just found WW Chans website... prices start at around 9000HKD, a bit too much for me at the moment. I was thinking around the $300US - $500US mark etc. I know its a but cheap, but I dont really need suits for work, just for everyday goings out/church etc. I live in Australia and most suits here are made for wide people, I'm after someone who can make 'em to a European fit which is a bit rare here unless you pay over $1000 dollars etc.

Even if someone knows places in HK to buy off-the-shelf in a slim fit for taller people, that would be great! I'm still kicking myself for not buying any suits when I was in Europe last year :-(

by df53

I went to William Cheng & Sons on Hankow Road. Didnt get a suit but I did get 5 shirts. They came in at £17 each, not sure about suits. Shirts were excellent quality, he came recommended by an expat friend who lives there.

by DianneHayward

Stay away from Indian Tailor in Nathan Road, STAR FASHION, he ripped me off for $500 Australian Dollars. He was also very rude to me.

by DianneHayward

I just read that you should stay away from the Indian Tailors in Nathan Road. I wish I had that information before I went to Hong Kong. I was ripped off by one of them STAR FASHION in Middle Road, behind the Sheridan Hotel. I had 3 Silk Dresses made, at a cost of $1000 Australian Dollars, of which I paid $500 deposit. They were nothing like I wanted, He was Very Rude, and Bullied me, I left the shop, very upset, and without the dresses and $500 dollars out of pocket. Ouch.

Travel Tips for Hong Kong

Great Skyline

by Gypsystravels

Hong Kong happens to have one of the most beautiful skylines I have seen. The best part is that there are so many great locations to stop top view this amazing skyline. Take a ride up Victoria Peak and get a bird's eye view, or pay a visit to Avenue of the stars in TST where you can wander among your favorite stars while taking in the spectacular view. Have a drink at the Intercontinental where all the windows are so huge that you can enjoy a drink while enjoying the view. During the evening, stoll along the promenade and take in the spectacular night show which starts daily around 8:00 pm. The whole harbour is a light.

Wherever you decide to stop and take in the panoramice beauty you will not be dissapointed with Hong Kong's skyline.

Green to Town, Fast to Slow

by chankahon

There are a lot to tell... It is a charming cIty that you may enjoy a night in Lan Kwai Fong or spend a day hiking in Sai Kung; you can take a economic meal in a local noodle shop or a classic Cantonese dinner in top restaurants. Maybe the great variety of choices here is an important reason that why Hong Kong is so lovely (It also reflects the large gap between the poor and the wealth). Moreover, cities nearby are also great enough to spend you a week . Don't only consider the stupid reports that said Hong Kong is such an expensive place. However, it will be true if you refused to find ways to save your own money!

Kowloon Ferry..People fishing,...

by peter_henry

Kowloon Ferry..People fishing, jiggling a line through a grating on the pier(How the heck do they get a fish through the grating if they get a catch?..GOK ..very oriental)
Afternoon tea in the Peninsular Hotel. The unique scent ot the city.A melange of cooking oil, spices,people, ....who knows what...but that is what I think of when I renember H K.

Wander through the Middle Kingdom.

by worldkiwi

The Middle Kingdom was a peaceful little corner of Ocean Park that was designed to display how Chinese towns would have appeared centuries ago. There's a lot of concrete and it is all very sanitised, but it was a nice place to stroll around.

Go up to Victoria Peak. If you...

by HelenW

Go up to Victoria Peak. If you go late afternoon/ twilight, you can get some great photos both day and night. There's shops and restarants up there so you can make a night of it.

To get up there from Hong Kong Island, you can get a bus from the Star Ferry terminal straight up to the top (not for the faint hearted I should say, white knuckle ride. Maybe it was just our driver?!?) or take a bus to the fenicular tram station. We went up by bus and came back down by tram.

Comments