Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel

Loved the Room Service:)

by Pinat about Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel

I was lucky enough to stay in one of the best hotels of Hong Kong I believe for three nights. As it was a business trip, all my expenses were paid by the company and I just had the luxury of enjoying myself.

During day time, we had the conference in the convention center, which was a very nice place for such crowded meetings. In the evening, we enjoyed the dinner in the nice restaurant. For someone like me (who doesn't like Asian food), the restaurant has a great variety of alternatives. I loved the room service: One day the friendly lady would bring a piece of cake, the other day a little Chinese toy, the other day a CD of Chinese music. I'd never come across such a service in the other 5-star hotels I'd stayed at in Europe.

Great Restaurant in Gold Coast - Hong Kong

by quasar6 about Chilli N Spice

I have eaten at this restaurant dozens of times. Love the Spicy Beef Salad. I go especially for that. Have had other dishes there and was never disappointed. This particular one is located at the Gold Coast Plaza, Gold Coast Hong Kong. It is walking distance (5 min) from the Gold Coast Hotel. There is indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoors, you are right next to the Gold Coast Marina and have a nice view. The Spicy Beef Salad is my favorite, although there are many other dishes that are great. Have had the giant shrimp and it was great. It is fresh and they cook it on the spot after you have selected it. There are numerous fish dishes, especially in the evening. As always, when I visit Hong Kong, I will go there. I know there is another at Stanley Market, but I have not eaten there.

MY FIRST FAR EAST ASIAN EXPERIENCE

by Pinat

"HOW LUCKY I WAS!"

It was in August 2008 when I received an invitation for a conference in Hong Kong. I didn't pay much attention and forwarded it to my boss. I never thought I'd go but at the end of September I learned that I'd be off to Hong Kong for the conference by mid-October. What a surprise!

I wasn't ready for such a trip. My trips had always been nicely planned to European countries. Plus, I didn't have much time to do some research and learn what to do and what not to do. Worse, I don't like Asian food.

Basically I just checked the weather, downloaded some walking routes, randomly booked a hotel (which turned out to be a big failure) and took off.

The first things I remember of Hong Kong is the hot weather, the humidity, the strange smells, the crowd and my very first experience of jetlag of course.

I was in Hong Kong for five days: Three days for the conference in the beautiful Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel in Kowloon, two days in the wierd Hotel Dorsett Far East with short visits to as many places as I could, including a tour in Lantau Island.

On my first day, I was annoyed by everything and on my fifth day I was sorry that I didn't have more days to discover more cuz it wasn't that annoying after all. Now I hope to go once again and also plan to stop in Singapore on my way back to Turkey. As of now, it's just a wish but we'll see.

Any hidden escapes in HK?

by anonymousmoose

We will be booking a HK hotel tomorrow. I will probably hook the Langham Place hotel as I have stayed there before.

But I want to know if there is any location in HK which is like a tropical getaway? I want to spend one or two days just relaxing away from the big city. Can someone suggest a place please?

by mim95

There are luxurious hotels that offer something different, but they are generally far away from the city. The beaches in Hong Kong aren't world class, and you can only enjoy them in the summer time, as the weather there isn't as warm as in SE Asia. Here's one that may fit your definition of a getaway hotel: http://www.sino-hotels.com/Hong_Kong_Gold_Coast_Hotel/en/default.aspx It is bit out of the way for tourists.

by df53

You could try heading for the islands. I went to Cheung Chau, very relaxing, no cars allowed on the island.

by IreneMcKay

Take a ferry to Mui Wo On Lantau Island, then take a bus to Cheung Sha, have a meal in the Stoep restaurant on the beach or in the Chinese restaurant next to the Stoep. Going there always makes me feel like I'm on holiday in Thailand or the Phillipines or somewhere like that. Enjoy.

Comments