Ramada Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong

Costs 53% more and rated 27% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Ramada Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong

Cramping My Style

by jlee008 about Ramada Kowloon

When you walk in the lobby, it appears to be well maintained. First thing is that you can't help but walk through the smoke filled sitting room in the front of the only set of elevators. If you are a non-smoker, like myself, this can be very irritating.

The elevators themselves are like small tupperware containers...cramped and tight. There is little reassurance on the way up the elevator that the rooms hold anything more promising (although the light touch elevator system is one of the more advanced features in the hotel).

The rooms are small and cramped. Even in the terms of trying to conserve space, its still small by Hong Kong standards. It looks like the fixtures and linens could all use replacing. The bathroom is small. Overall, the place looks like it is in badly need of a general renovation effort. There are a few things that are good about the place. This hotel is right on the bus A21 route to and from the airport. It is situated in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, so you don't have to walk far to get to the sights. There is a nearby MTR exit from the Jordan station.

If you want the convienence and don't mind missing some of the niceties, this place will probably work for you. I warn you though, don't pay over $60 a night for the place. The only reason I chose to stay there is because I needed to spend one last night in Hong Kong and this was the only place that was available (with good reason too).

Check out the website I have listed below for hotels in Hong Kong...it really helped me out on my last trip and the prices are usually far less than other websites that I had tried looking on. The list is also pretty comprehensive.

Hotel and Shopping

by Dank87

Hi,

Can anyone assist on the following: -

1) Is Imperial Hotel at TST good? I know its above the MTR station. Is the hotel dirty etc?

2) Is Harbour City Shopping Centre worth a visit? Or time is better spent at the retail shops around Nathan Road and the small streets?

Thanks!

Re: Hotel and Shopping

by Vita500

1) I don't think you will find any dirty 3-star hotels in HK. The Imperial's hotel lives from its perfect location but is, as far as I know, rather old already. Depening on the deal you get, it's probably as good or as bad as dozens of other hotels around the area.
My recommendation in TST would be the BP International though...

2) Harbour City is definitely worth a visit. Being HK's biggest shopping mall, it's pretty amazing, especially good for rainy days as you can easily spend a whole day inside without getting bored.
As for the shopping, it provides pretty much everything you want... but it's also quite easy getting lost in there. A stroll along Nathan Raod is a completely different experience, also worthwhile. Not sure what you're looking for but do both if time permits.

Cheers,
Robert

Re: Hotel and Shopping

by urbanmale_tods

Yah not too sure about Imperial Hotel but is one of my shortlisted one too when I visit HK next July.

Share with you other few hotels i have researched for my own trip, good price and near/next to MRT.

1-Shamrock
2-Largos
3-Prudential (slightly more ex but 4 star )

I have previously stayed in Ramada Kowloon and Royal Plaza Hotel, both are 10 min walking distance to MRT. Some walking down these shopping alleys should be quite exciting in this modern city. ( Royal Plaza have real nice rooms! )
Njoy!

Please help me finalize my surprise vacation treat for my family.

by SophiaAlex

Hello there.

I'll be going to take my whole family to HK on March on a surprise holiday tour and I wanna make it memorable for them.. these are few of my queries:

1. I'm looking for an inexpensive 'quality' hotel and my travel agent came up with three options: A) Dorsett Seaview B) Ramada Kowloon c) YMCS International House...

Now, which of these three are great, location-wise and facilities? And I'd like the hotel where we dont walk far to the train/bus station and where teh action is.. We wanna be near the markets where we can get bargain stuffs at the same time visit the Promenade/Museum/Avenue of Stars.

2. What are the 'must-do's and must-see's'?

3. If I choose Dorsett, how many minutes will it get me to walk to the Space Museum, clock tower?

Thanks... :-)

Please, please.. i need all your advice.

RE: Please help me finalize my surprise vacation treat for my family.

by Vita500

1. Try www.asiarooms.com! They give you a big selection of hotels to choose for all budgets.
You might also wanna have a peek at www.asiahotels.com for hotel reviews. It will surely help you to decide on a place.

2. Check out my HK page. I have lots of tips as well as some hotel suggestions you'll probably find useful.

3. The Dorsett Seaview is faaaaaaar away from Kowloon harbour. If you want to walk to the Space Museum it will take you at least an hour. Better take the bus or MTR (subway).

Cheers,
Robert

RE: RE: Please help me finalize my surprise vacation treat for my family.

by tan1415

Hi Sophia,

From these 3 options I like the Ramada Hotel. I have stayed in this neighbourhood.
It's within easy walking distance to nathan road and the MTR. At night this neighbourhood comes to life. A lot of young people comes here because the granville Road area is the center to a lot of trendy shops or shops that sells factory knockoffs.
Other option here is the Park Hotel or the GuangDong Hotel.
The other 2 hotels is a bit further from TST and IMO wih a city holiday it's all about LOCATION.

Hotels/Hostels in Kowloon area

by ckoyen

Hi guyz,

Does anyone know of any hotels/hostels in Kowloon area?

Thanks!!

by SWFC_Fan

Hi

There are lots of budget hotels within Chungking Mansions and Mirador Mansion on Nathan Road, Kowloon.

The accommodation in these two "mansions" is basic, no-frills accommodation (small rooms, often with no en-suite facilities and questionable cleanliness). The mansions have poor reputations, but in reality aren't that bad.

I stayed at Man Hing Lung Hotel on the 14th floor of Mirador Mansion. I got a very small room, with a broom cupboard sized shower room attached. It did have a TV and air-conditioning, but not much else. The room was fairly clean, but maid service was limited to emptying my bin each day and changing my bed sheets and towels just once during an 11 night stay.

All in all, the hotel was good value. If you want more than just a place to sleep, I wouldn't even consider these budget options. If you are happy just having somewhere to lay your head, then the low cost and excellent location make the mansions good value.

Do an Internet search for "Chungking Mansions" and "Mirador Mansion" and you will be presented with dozens of budget options.

Enjoy Hong Kong!

Jonathan

by poetjo

You can also go to http://www.asiarooms.com where you'll find the cheapest rates on booking hotel rooms online.

by brunohk

Try this websites in different locations, so all is near the L=M T R (subway)http://www.mtr.com.hk

Joy Guesthouse - http://www.joy.hk/room.html
Salvation Army - http://boothlodge.salvation.org.hk/
Caritas Lodge - http://www.caritas-chs.org.hk

by aukahkay

There are plenty of hotels in the Kowloon area to suit all budgets. Most tourists would stay at the Tsim Sha Tsui area or Jordan area. Personally, I would recommend the following hotels:
Tsim Sha Tsui: Park Hotel, Ramada Kowloon Hotel, Kimberly Hotel
Jordan: Prudential Hotel, Majestic Hotel, Shamrock Hotel
These are affordable tourist class hotels well located near eateries, shops and MTR stations.

by Mikebb

Hi, we stayed at the Kowloon Hotel on Nathan road recently, very good 4 star and very close to shopping area, metro train just outside hotel. See my HK VTpage for photos and tip.
good luck, Mikebb