Royal Garden Hotel

The Royal Garden
Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel - Fit for a King !

by TripAdvisor Member Masterelectrician

Having booked online slightly apprehensive about what the accommodation would be like - we needn't have worried! Absolutely gorgeous hotel, excellent service, spotlesss rooms, incredibly helpful staff. Dined at the hotel twice during our short stay and the food was sensational and fantastic value. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Location a short walk from the harbour - coldn't have been more pleased with our choice.

Good quality, great service (kind of!)

by cmak about Royal Garden Hotel, Kowloon

I was checked into this hotel, for a 2 weeks stay.
The hotel is very easy to get to, staff are attentive and helpful. Everything you would expect from a 5 star (only that they are not 5 stars!)
They have a 25m sky pool reserved only for their club members, so I cannot possibly comment on that. Food is good, they deliver breakfast for free, free papers etc.
Elegant and refined interiors, centrally located within minutes from MTR

Only 1 bad thing. During my stay, I have spent 2 nights away at my friend's apartment. and this hotel HELPFULLY checked my out of my room, threw away the precious food I got in the fridge and thankgod they remember to keep my luggage!! I was well upset! Got a SEAVIEW from my room (this is ultra rare for a HK hotel!)

Great Value Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jjmmd2003

Booked thru Cathay Pacific Holidays at a good rate & was very pleased with the hotel & agree w/ the favorable writeups.
It was a 1 block walk outside to the entrance to the MTR subways and KCR trains although you do have to walk a block or two underground-was handy during the rainy stay.
Good breakfast & a beuatiful atrium & nice ambiance although I also agree the the Martini bar is very expensive-about $15 for a martini and about $10-12 for regular drinks but nice music & convenient.

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member mnik2006

We stayed in this hotel in September 2006.

The hotel was clean and close to the MTR (underground) which is very important for getting around in Hong Kong. It is in the Kowloon area which is not the central area but is close to Star Ferry, Star Avenue, and Nathan Road (shopping). There are Starbucks and Delice de France shops in front of the hotel in case you want to grab something to eat quickly.

The room size was not appropriate for a 4 star hotel and was more like 2-3 star hotel if this is important to you. The bathroom however was good size, nice, and clean.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hong Kong unless you really want to stay on the Hong Kong island (central area).

Great value in Hong Kong Kowloon Area

by TripAdvisor Member ExNewYorker

We stayed at the Royal Garden at the end of a trip to mainland China, and were thrilled with the hotel, its location, its rooms, and the service. If at all possible, upgrade to a suite, in which case you have a wonderful view of the city, a beautiful big room with everything you could possibly want, and free use of the Sky Club -- the fitness center and rooftop pool -- which are beautiful and convenient. The restaurants in the hotel are top rated and the concierge is very helpful in finding and booking other restaurants as well as in providing directions and general help.

Watch for hidden 'service fees'

by TripAdvisor Member Apple314

This is a very nice hotel. However, the price I was quoted for the room was not the price I ended up paying. It seems they added on a bunch of hotel 'service fees,' which amounted to an extra 100 pounds. Not sure what these were supposed to be. They certainly weren't for room service.

I have complained and am awaiting a response. So my advice is just be wary of hidden costs.

Not bad overall.

by TripAdvisor Member vakayanyday

When we arrived at the hotel, the exterior of the hotel had a slight 1980's look to it and I became a little nervous. I became even more nervous when we were shown our non-smoking two beds request and were given a queen which clearly reeked of smoke. Once the room issue was resolved, we relaxed into the hotel.

The hotel had a wonderful glass elevator which allowed one to see all the floors and the buffet restaurant. The rooms were small (this is Hong Kong, afterall), but spacious. The beds had feather toppers and incredible duvets and pillows. I loved waking up to a 37" flat screen television every morning. Our room was at the end of the hotel, so we had a semi view of the water. I loved how they turned down our beds early evening and left a little chocolate.

Although the staff were nice (the bellboys were hilarious), I felt a slight aloofness in their demeanor from the front desk to the business centre.

Our last night at the hotel, we ate at the hotel buffet which had a wide array of cusine choices, but the best part was the piano player named Romeo who serenaded everyone (and took requests).

The hotel is in a good location being close to the MTR stations, Nathan Road, and near other tourist sites.

I would stay here again.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LCandSC

We stayed at this hotel for a week in October. What an amazing hotel with superb service. We all felt very spoilt!
It was definitely worth upgrading to Club Class which included full use of the fantastic pool and jacuzzi along with breakfasts, afternoon teas and evening drinks and nibbles.
The rooms were spot on with lovely views of the sea - no problems at all with the servicing of the rooms. We loved the footlights in the bedside cabinets!
Breakfast was the best we have ever had - what a choice!! The other restaurants were great as well.
Thanks to everyone at the Royal Garden for making a superb holiday even better!!!

We love HK

by TripAdvisor Member TPE

It is a very good hotel to stay except too much noise during the X'mas time. Understand the people celebrate the holiday, but it will be better to cut down the singing after 11:00pm. Location is excellent, room is clean. Our kids love the plasma TV, but they were disappoint couldn't go swimming, because it is too expensive. It count by person HK$120 each, not by room.

loved the Royal Garden

by TripAdvisor Member Traveller_S-WalesUK

On arrival at reception we found the executive room we had booked was not there for us. We were offered an upgrade to a suite for £30 for three nights which seemed reasonable.
The suite was pleasant, L shaped with the bed rather squeezed into the small area.It was well appointed with good quality linens but it did need some updating. The bathroom was small but well equipped.
Breakfast was an incredibly lavish if expensive affair with all tastes catered for - oriental ,continental or full English.
The swimming pool and jaccuzi in the spa on the 17th floor were the piece de resistance. The setting was stunning with wonderful views overlooking the city.

Another shot of the famous façadeAnother shot of the famous façade

The end of the strip, looking towards the AustinThe end of the strip, looking towards the Austin

A close-up of the templeA close-up of the temple

Rundown apartments on JordanRundown apartments on Jordan

Langham Place Hotel OR Royal Garden Hotel

by Glen30

Hi there,

Has anyone stayed at the "Langham Place Hotel in Mongkok" or "Royal garden at TST east"?
Could someone let me know the walking distance from these hotels to the MTR station, and if there are many shops and restaurants within walking distance from the hotels.

Someone has told me that the whole atmosphere of Mongkok where "Langham Place Hotel" is situated is not very pleasant. Is that true?
Would you recommend Langham Place or Royal garden in terms of location, quality and service.

Thanks
Glen

RE: Langham Place Hotel OR Royal Garden Hotel

by eddiechau

Royal garden hotel close to KCR station more...but you still can get MTR by subway directly..need to walk around 10mins to MTR station by subway~

Langham hotel is very new, close to LangHam shopping mall....cross a road only to get MTR but a little bit far away from KCR~!!!

i would suggest you stay in Langham hotel if the price range is not very large!!

for dining...Mong Kok area is more choices for local food~

"Langham Place Hotel" is situated is not very pleasant.don`t worry, although Langham is located in a red-light district, but there is a still very safe place!but the main point is Mong Kok area is very crowded especially on weekend~

RE: Langham Place Hotel OR Royal Garden Hotel

by sy_amy

Longham Place is very new and expensive. Royal Garden in Tsim Sha Tsui is older but more affordable. I would recommend the latter for more value for money. Having said that, if $ is not a constrain, and you would prefer extremely well accessibility, take Longham Place, which is in the heart of the city.

RE: RE: Langham Place Hotel OR Royal Garden Hotel

by Glen30

thanks amy

Tasty Dim Sum in Hong Kong

by Shino~

Hello, does anyone know which restaurant serves tasty Dim Sum in Hong Kong? Thanks in advance.

Tasty Dim Sum in Hong Kong

by Confucius

Maxim's is often the first that comes to mind, particularly at their City Hall location in the Central District.
Victoria City at the Sun Hung Kai Centre in Wan Chai is another tasty one. It's easy to find if you are taking the Star Ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui.
The Jade Cantonese Restaurant ay Cityplaza III is another tasty dim sum restaurant and is easily accessible by taking exit E at Tai Koo MTR station.
Hotels have some of the best dim sum in Hong Kong:
The Sheraton Hotel, Guangdong Hotel , Royal Garden Hotel, Holiday Inn Golden Mile and Shangri-La Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui all have outstanding dim sum restaurants.
Avoid Luk Yu Teahouse. It has a good reputation among people who have absolutely no idea of any other dim sum restaurant in Hong Kong.

Is 62 Mody Road in walking distance to 222 Nathan Road (in kowloon HK)?

by mucey

If so how long a walk approximately is it? is it safe for a couple to walk alone at night? If not... can someone recommend a hotel that is located near 62 mody road, not something extravagant, but nice and functional. Thanks!!

RE: Is 62 Mody Road in walking distance to 222 Nathan Road (in kowloon HK)?

by Joannekerry

Hong Kong? Safest, cleanest city I have ever walked around day or night. Metro system is excellent, clean and cheap. When you get to the Hotel where you are staying you will find maps and leaflets either in your room or in reception. I can honestly say HK is the finest place I have ever been and for once in my life I intend going back to the same place twice!

Is 62 Mody Road in walking distance to 222 Nathan Road (in kowloon HK)?

by VHHH

62 Mody Road is in Tsim Sha Tsui East and 222 Nathan Road is in Jordan. They are about 1 mile away. Generally it is safe at night.

There are several hotels near 62 Mody Road:
To the East -
Kowloon Shargri-la Hotel, 64 Mody Road;
Royal Garden Hotel, 69 Mody Road;
Intercontinental Grand Stanford, 70 Mody Road;
Hotel Nikko, 72 Mody Road;
To the west -
New World Renaissance Hotel, 24 Salisbury Road;
Sheraton Hotel, 20 Nathan Road.

RE: RE: Is 62 Mody Road in walking distance to 222 Nathan Road (in kowloon HK)?

by mucey

thank you both for your helpful replies! what a worry off of my shoulders :-)

Comments