Royal Pacific Hotel And Towers

Agoda.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

On a Slightly Grander Scale

We stayed here the first time we went to Hong Kong. The hotel was brand new then (and not quite finished.) It was lavish and comfortable.

However, we thought that the location was not as good as the Hong Kong Hotel.

The boat to Macao is right downstairs in the basement.

More about Royal Pacific Hotel And Towers

Atop China HKG - City Complex

by WStat about Royal Pacific Hotel and Towers

The Royal Pacific Hotel and Towers is set atop China Hong Kong City complex and the China/Macau Ferry Terminal. 673 luxuriously appointed rooms enjoy tranquil views of Kowloon Park or the grand Victoria Harbour. Providing the ultimate in convenience are the modern rooms in the Hotel Wing whereas the elegantly furnished Towers Wing boast plush rooms with a distinct oriental touch.
Many restaurants, lounges and bars inhouse and around. Good service, excellent chinese and international food The Tower-wing offers larger rooms, facing Victoria harbour and the Ferry terminal. The view is superior to any TV.show !
Besides, the hotel is centrally located, close to the Star Ferry terminal as well as to the underground.

value for money

by honeybea about Royal Pacific Hotel and Towers

located in the busy area of Tsim Sha Tsui. Its near to the mtr,the star ferry and the shopping places eg. harbour city,ocean center and ocean terminal. If you would stay in this hotel, try to book a room in the towers wing because it has an excellent view of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island especially at night.The rooms are also bigger than those located in the hotel wing.

Very Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LakwatseroManila

The Royal Pacific Hotel is a very good hotel to stay in Hong Kong. It is conveniently located along Canton Road where public transport is so accessible.

It is also very near the Harbour City Mall (supposedly the biggest mall in HongKong); ferry terminal to Macau; ferry terminal to cross over Hong Kong Island; and Haiphong Road and Nathan Road which are shopping districts. The MTR Tsim Tsa Tsui station is also just about 10 mins walk.

Rooms are also very clean and elegant. Just a tip though, don't get the top floor rooms. At first I was flattered that we were given a top floor room, until we were actually in the room and were disturbed by the loud hum of the elevators. Apparently, the top floor is where the elevator machines are also located.

It was a good thing the airconditioning in our room was not working and we were able to request for a transfer to a lower floor room.

Their buffet breakfast is also very very good. I recommend this Hotel.

Good Service

by TripAdvisor Member AWESOMEMUMMY

Since I'm coming in through Macau, I thought it would be ideal to book myself at Royal Pacific Towers, which is just above the ferry port. True to the core, it's a floor above the arrival hall (the only frustrating point is that the Macau ferry port is such a long walk to the exit gates of a floor under the hotel lobby.

Moreover, when you hit the escalator leading to the lobby, the ram is so small for an average size lugguage bag. There are 3 steps leading to the escalator, and when I checked in, they upgraded me to the deluxe room on the Towers Wing.

From the lobby, you have to take 2 flights of stairs to reach the lift on the Deluxe towers wing. I didn't have the energy to pull the bags, so I had a bellboy do the honour. The service is totally excellent - fast and efficient. Check in was good.

Room size at the Deluxe Tower wing is good. There is a different area for wardrobe & mirrors... and they have a different bath area, and a shower area. The marbled white walls look a little dirty to me.

Amenities were sufficient, even they had an electrical adaptor for overseas travellers. The air conditioning wasn't working good though - I stayed for 5 nights and throughout the 5 nights, it was cold. I turned the air conditioner off, but it still felt chilly. As for the bedsheets, it's the most uncomfortable one I have ever slept on. The blankets were made of those brown thick hard woolen type, and they were harsh to the body.

I tried the room service - it came in half hour, and the food is excellent. If you take the escalator down to the shopping mall, you will find a 7-Eleven shop (operations from 8 am - 11 pm)... and a restaurant next to it which serves good Chinese boiled soup. Try it... you'll never regret it.

One thing I need to remind you though - I booked the room through Precision Reservations... and I requested for a Victoria Harbour Room - I did not get it. Not all rooms have harbour views... you'll probably face another office building of gold colour. Try observing this - if you hit the 'Cafe On the Park', you will notice that the window glass shakes each time some boat comes along.... it's like a a minor earthquake.

excellent choice

by TripAdvisor Member shippy

Stayed here with my husband and two children and thought it was ideal for us.

We had interconnecting rooms which were spacious, clean and very comfortable. However we upgraded to the towers so this is what i am commenting on.

We were on room only basis but had breakfast each morning in the downstairs cafe and it was outstanding, quality of a 5 star and really cheap. Ate there in the evenings on a couple of occasions and faultless.

However this hotel is above ferry port so it was endless hikes on the elevator but this is the only drag. Really central and views over the harbour. excellent staff and i certainly will return.

This made our holiday so stress free, it was wonderful.

Not bad, not great

by TripAdvisor Member brent_eades

This was a peculiar building, separated into two physically distinct low-rise towers beside the China Ferry pier. I stayed in a 'Club Executive' room for five nights, at a rate that wasn't especially low but not real high either, compared to luxury Hong Kong hotels like the Island Shangri-la.

My room was a decent size, with a nice view of the harbour, but lacked features like a coffee-maker, iron, robe, etc. TV was small and channels limited. There were bits of peeling paint in the bathroom, and the shower often ran from warm to scalding hot while I was in it. Bed was too short for my 6' Canadian frame.

High-speed wireless Internet access was fairly good, but rather expensive.

Location on Canton Road in Kowloon was not bad -- I could walk to the Star Ferry terminal in about 15 minutes, and Kowloon Park was just across the street (large parts of the park were 'under construction', but that's not the hotel's fault!)

I ate breakfast each morning in the Cafe -- service was prompt, and the food decent. Comparable to buffet breakfasts in most mid-range hotels in North America.

Staff were generally very attentive and helpful. No complaints there.

Decor in some parts of the hotel was of the 70's cheesy chrome variety... but who spends much time in such areas?

Overall -- this is a somewhat older hotel starting to show its age. But service and amenities were overall not bad. Nothing special, however.

Less than average

by TripAdvisor Member AustraliaFox

W\e booked with expedia and paid nearly $AU200 for one night stopover). We were terribly disappointed.

The hotel appears to be undergoing renovation. Our room was BASIC. Two SINGLE beds - have had better in hostels. This is not an international standard hotel.

The room had none of the usual information on the hotel. One outcome of that neglect was that when we wanted to use the pool we were told rather abruptly that it was closed in the early afternoon for cleaning.

Its location is 'interesting '- not many tourists get to stay in the Hong Kong 'burbs'! There are no street scapes, shops, alleyways, just
shopping centres and building sites for more of the same. However, if
you make it to the public space/gardens at the back of the Shatin Local Council offices before 07.30 you will be soothed by the sight of local people doing their morning tai chi and get to see where the Hong Kong people live.

In other words, the hotel was sub standard and the location is miles from anywhere except China!

Hong Kong in summer time

by divecat1978

"Fly to Hong Kong"

This is my first trip to Hong Kong with my best friend. So, I had picked Cathay Pacific for the choice of flight. We had enjoyable time and arrived at the airport just nice for the lunch. We touched down at the airport and went through the Imigresen department. The rest..... read my story....

"Hotel stay at Royal Pacific Hotel"

We were picked up at the airport and transfer to our hotel in the afternoon. We had a coach, nice one, to give us a rest during the journey to the hotel.

Royal Pacific HotelRoyal Pacific Hotel

Royal Pacific Hotel from Canton RoadRoyal Pacific Hotel from Canton Road

Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers

by RobKSA

Has anyone stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel and Towers? I know that the Tower part of the hotel is the better side of the property and we have been offered a good deal for it. However, I would appreciate any comments from everyone, like the location, convenience to shopping and transport, and others (staff friendliness, room condition, anything). It is located at 33 Canton road in tsimtsatsui, next to the Marco Polo Prince Hotel.

Thanks

RE: Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers

by poetjo

I haven't stayed there but it's a great location. Just about a 10 minute walk to the Start Ferry Pier and as you walk down Canton Road towards the pier there are a couple of large shopping complexes within the Marco Polo hotels etc... It's a very good location.

RE: RE: Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers

by RobKSA

Jo,
Thanks for the advise. Your Hong kong pages are fun and informative.

Comments