The Langham hotel Hong Kong

8 Peking Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon (Formerly Great Eagle Hotel), Hong Kong, China

The Langham, HongKong
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• mike-tango's Profile Photo

Nice hotel - Great location

I stay there when I go on business trip to Hong-Kong. Very nice room ann I especially like the buffet for breakfast.
    Excellent location near the shopping area and everything.
    The swimming pool is great !

• peemapat's Profile Photo

Five star hotel

As I stayed at this hotel for free, so I can not comment much. The facilities are good. The room is bigger than common hotel. The single bed is wide too.

But, if I pay for the hotel. I will not choose this hotel as it will be too expensive. I don't sure about the room price but I quite sure that for one night here I can stay at cheap and small hostels for 3 nights.

You can see the photos of the hotel at my travelogue

Unique Quality: Wide room and bed.

Directions: From Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station, use exit C1. Then go straight on to the corner. And turn right. Go straight on around 3 blocks.

More about The Langham hotel Hong Kong

poorest concierge service

by TripAdvisor Member qsdf

I cannot not believe this happened in a LEADING HOTEL OF THE WORLD. I was in the health club asking for a local newspaper. The staff called the Concierge and the Concierge staff bluntly said it was not available. He kicked the problem back to the gym staff. I was very upset as I did not believe that newspaper was unavailable. I grabbed the phone and told that concierge staff to bring me a copy from his Manager's office or outside kiosks before I made a complaint. Finally I got a copy (There are many newspaper kiosks just outside the hotel). What made me really upset is that that lazy concierge staff immediately called the gym staff to blame her for giving him troubles. I was still nearby the phone and I found that very unpleasant. I talked to him again on the phone and he did not even apologize.

Don't mix up this Langham with the better one called LANGHAM PLACE HOTEL. I asked for a copy of FINANCIAL TIME last time. They tried their very best and they finally got me an 'Asian Edition'. I was very grateful for that.

With such a poor and lazy concierge service, I wonder how this Langham Hotel Hong Kong could be recognised as the leading hotels of the world.

Perfect Location, Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member turkmenkizi

Hotel is very well located. It is in a wide shopping district where you can reach LV, Gucci, Miu Miu etc. in couple of minutes.
Interior design and comfort details are perfect. We love the staff and how they handle the customers. They have a great buffet breakfast and delicious Bostonian restaurant. I would love to stay in Langham for my next trip to Hong Kong.

Brilliant, top marks!

by TripAdvisor Member WandererLondon

We absolutely loved the Langham! From check in in the gorgeous reception area it was superb. We had a great room with really good views, staff were amazing, location perfect, and price extremely reasonable.

Loved the rooftop pool and jacuzzi - just the thing after a day out in the sun.

Will definitely return - our stay here couldn't have been nicer!

The rooms were pretty good size for Hong Kong

by TripAdvisor Member BrisCaz

I have stayed twice at the Langham now and both times I had decent size rooms with sitting area in the bay-type window. I am yet to get "great views" as some reviewers comment upon - all I seem to get is a view of the building opposite but a work colleague did stay here and she got a "glimpse" of the harbour so maybe I have been unlucky. You cannot fault the quality and service in this hotel - comfortable beds and great toiletries in the bathroom. Little things like - every day stock up of the ice bucket and fresh fruit on arrival mark this hotel as somewhere great to stay. But I think it is the location that is the best thing about this hotel - it is very close to the Star Ferry and also to MTR and of course shops and restaurants around Kowloon. Internet access is pretty pricey but there is a very nice business centre and the staff cant be more helpful. Oh yes - and there is a complimentary "breakfast" spread in reception every morning. Just coffee/tea, pastries etc but really nicely presented and just the thing for a quick bite whilst waiting for colleagues to arrive.

Lovely Retreat in the Heart of the Action

by TripAdvisor Member Paradocs

We've just returned from a four-night stay in the Langham Hotel. It exceeded our expectations in every respect. We had requested an early check in following a cruise, and our room was ready when we arrived at 8:30 AM. We asked if any upgrades were available, and one was found even though a large rugby tournament was making all accommodations in the city difficult to book.

Although the Langham doesn't have a harbor view, it is ideally located one block from Ocean Terminal, two blocks from the Star Ferry, Cultural Center, Art Museum, and three to four blocks from the nearest MTR station. It's gracious lobby is a welcome retreat after a long day's shopping or sightseeing, and our room was very large and comfortably appointed. The marble bathroom had a long tub as well as an enclosed shower.

The included breakfast in L'Eclipse was buffet style with a full range of Asian and Western choices that were well presented. Buffets can sometimes become sloppy, but this never happened. It was always fully stocked and spotlessly clean. The orange juice tasted like fresh squeezed, and the waitstaff were constantly checking to make sure that used dishes were taken away, fresh tea and coffee were poured. Billy was our favorite wait person -- friendly, thoughtful, and efficient.

Lunch in the Main St. Deli was, as promised, like a New York Deli. The grilled cheese was especially tasty, and the 7-inch lemon meringue pie looked terrific!

Of the several hotels that we have stayed in in Hong Kong, this is certainly at the top of our list. It has the comfort, service, and location of many of the most expensive hotels with a lower price providing real value for money and the benefits of a great staff.

Dont confuse between this and langham place!

by TripAdvisor Member RainmanMumbai

This is a great hotel to stay in. A trifle expensive, but a fabulous find. Great location, nothing can beat the location. Big clean rooms, helpful staff, especially the concierge. If you are looking for a classy stay in Hk, then this is it!

Go ahead, without a doubt.

Great hotel for the business traveler

by TripAdvisor Member Whartonite03

I just returned from Hong Kong, where I stayed at the Langham for 11 nights.

Pros

1) Club Floor - I was staying on a "Club Floor" which gives you access to the Langham's Club Lounge on the 11th Floor. I ate breakfast every day at the Club Lounge (complimentary) and thought it was fanstastic. A great selection of Western foods - eggs, sausages, croissants, muffins, fruit (melon, berries, citrus, etc), yogurt, cereal, oatmeal...one could not go hungry! Their coffee was also exceptionally excellent = strong! From 6-9pm every night the Lounge has complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres (and Hagen Daaz ice cream!). There is also complimentary interenet access at two work stations in the rear of the Lounge. It was a very updated and almost casually-elegant Lounge, to which I looked forward every day.

2) Location - The Langham is literally across the street from the main shopping drag and the Harbor Centre shops. It took only a few minutes to walk to the waterfront, too. There are also very inexpensive tours (bus tours) that leave from the hotel lobby; you can pick up a brochure in the lobby.

3) Gym - The gym was open 24 hours a day and was pretty adequate for a hotel gym (6 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 2 stairmasters, 4 bikes on the upper floor and then free weights and machines on the lower floor). They also provide you with free bottled water and fruit.

4) Attentiveness/friendliness of workers - From the concierge to the maid to the Club Room attendants, I never once encountered a rude worker.

Cons

1) Rooms weren't anything special - I don't think I was staying in a renovated room (15th Floor), because a coworker of mine's room was very different (12th Floor). There wasn't anything bad about the room, but it just wasn't anything to write home about. The bathroom could have used a little updating, too. Beds were comfy though, and I did like being able to make tea in the bar area. Oh, but it did bother me that there was no alarm clock, so I had to rely on wake up calls every day, which got to be annoying.

2) Selection of TV channels was poor - Not many English channels and the ones they did have were unexciting. They didn't even have HBO.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay, and would have no problem staying there again for a long, business trip.

Comments