39 Kimberly Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about The Luxe Manor

Loved the Luxe Manor

by TripAdvisor Member Leer

My sister and I stayed at the Luxe Manor in February - she stayed for 5 nights and I stayed for 2 before we moved to the Island. We have been to Hong Kong every year for about the last 20 years and nearly always split the trip between Kowloon and the Island side. We love both sides equally so this saves a lot of trips back and forwards.

This was our first stay at the Luxe Manor and we both really loved it. Quirky is a good desciption. Compact rooms but we rarely spend a lot of time in the hotel rooms anyway. The location could not be faulted and the service was terrific. The breakfast room is lovely and whilst the selection is not huge we were more than satisfied each day. There is no view but that is why it is so reasonable.

A very good value hotel unlike some of the other hotels we have stayed in previously. We do love 5 star but the value just isn't there when you spend all day out shopping and every evening at restaurants eating the amazing food. Knutsford Terrace with a good selection of restaurants is very close (although doesn't quite compare to Lan Kwai Fong on the island).

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Redhowie

We have never been to Asia before and so didn't know what to expect. The Luxe Manor hotel is small, friendly, clean, comfortable, and located in a good spot for tourists. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to a larger room. The bedroom/storage was quaint and adequate, the bathroom/shower great. I wouldn't have liked to have been in a smaller room though, as there was not a great deal of space as it was. However, we soon got used to it and settled in (as you do after the first night!). Breakfast was limited but of high standard and fresh. The staff are all eager to please, and will offer good advice when planning your days activities. There is no bar if you like a nightcap. Always the mini-bar I suppose.
Hong Kong is fab. There are lots of interesting things to do and places to visit. Just being there was exciting for us. Getting your bearings and getting to know how best to move around (MTR underground, cheap, reliable, quick, clean and busy) is fun. As with all cities the money you spend will depend on the choices you make. We ate in a couple of "cheap" chinese restaurants which were a little disappoining, but had great food elsewhere. There are so many places to eat in this vast city. Overall we had a fantastic stay. 5 nights was just enough.

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member garybelan

On arrival at Hong Kong Airport I took the train to Kowloon Station and then the shuttle bus from there. Very easy.
The Luxe Manor is in a very convenient location in Kowloon. Close to all the shopping and the subway.

Staff were welcoming and efficient. I wish more hotels would take the Luxe's lead and include internet availability as an amenity not an extra.
My first reaction on seeing the room was the designer had been on drugs.
Very strong drugs!
It may not be everyone's taste but it is great to see something different and I liked it.
The room was small but very well designed, clean and efficient. I loved the bathroom.

I used the gym. It's not for Arnold Schwarzenegger but it was enough for me.

I thought breakfast was great and don't know what other reviewers were complaining about.
I also had dinner at Aspasia. Expensive but outstanding service and one of the most delicious meals I've enjoyed in a long time.
I can't wait to go back to the Luxe and highly recommend it.

Fantastic Service and Location

by TripAdvisor Member Justine04

My boyfriend and I stayed for 10 nights at the Luxe Manor and it was fantastic. The bus from the Airport Express stops directly outside and porters were extremely efficient. Check in was easy and we were shown directly to our room. The rooms look exactly like the pictures on the website but started to feel a bit small and cluttered once my shopping bags started collecting. The decor is whimsical and amusing and helped me remember I wasn't on a business trip. Although the amenities in this hotel would be great if I were.

The room was clean and housekeeping were very good. The bathroom was well set up and looks great. just enough room for 2 people at once.

Breakfasts were nice, served in a gorgeous room and great service. The breads and pastries were great and I enjoyed the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs each day.

The staff were friendly and helpful, providing information for us and booking great tables at popular restaurants on busy nights.

Fantastic Hotel with spectacular service.

Great hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Lana0273

This hotel is really great.... unique style (a little bit like Versace style), great location for shopping (located directly in Kowloon where your credit card starts to glow), the rooms are new, very modern and absolutely perfect!

Hotel staff does not speak English very well, but when I became ill (terrible influenza) they recommend a health center across the street as this only charges EUR 30 i/o EUR 300 if the hotel calls a doctor. This was really a great recommendation and 1 staff even accompanied us to the doctor.

The little minus is the breakfast as the choice is quite poor, but they refill all plates very quickly.

Great value for money!

unique!

by TripAdvisor Member HLChang

this hotel is indeed unique in decoration, very excellent in location (in between TST and Jordan station), and very clean.
Overall, we were not dissapointed, except for one issue: we stayed there for 3 nights, enjoyed the service and desearts they provided every evening...except for the last night--there was no desert on the table, when we returned to the hotel at 10pm, and no complimentary bottle water. The staff were helpful, water was sent within 5 minutes. The same thing happened to our children's room that evening. Wonder what the problem was.
But it is really a unique hotel, the decoration were eye opening, and breakfast was ok (tho' limited in choices).
We would recommend this hotel to anyone that is fed up with the usual decoration of big chain hotel, which is always dull...

Funky!

by TripAdvisor Member g0ne-walkab0ut

This hotel definitely is a boutique hotel. It's very similar to hotels I've stayed in in Paris and London. The prices are very reasonable for Hong Kong. The location is great, and the service so far has been excellent. It's about 3-4 blocks from the MTR.

There aren't as many TV channels as I've had in other hotels, but there are more movies. The decor is very eclectic. The superior room is rather small for a long stay.

Great Location and good product

by TripAdvisor Member John_Gregory

The room was a bit on the small side, as mentioned in previous reviews, but fine in comparison to other big cities. We had a superior room and the design was quirky, good bathroom & shower and overall good facilities.
Breakfast was good too, can't understand previous reviews, unless you expect a 'full English' fry up in Hong Kong. Nice scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, fresh juices, fresh yogurts and variety of cheeses. Excellent muesli choice too.
Overall good experience and great location.

Great Value and Clean!!!

by TripAdvisor Member DADeetz

This was a wonderful experience in a very busy city. The hotel is almost new. The decor is really out there and not my style, (i.e. ultra modern and artistic as decribed on thier web site) but immaculate and comfortable. We had a superior room that for Hong Kong (Kowloon) was a terrific buy at $173 per night. It included a very nice breakfast and wi fi. Location is superb for shopping and sightseeing. We also opted for the HK$550 limo service that they offered (@$USD70). It was only about $15 more than a taxi and they picked us up in a brand new Mercedes S class car, loaded our luggage from the airport to the car and put it in the lobby of the hotel for us to check in. After 15 hours of flying, it was a welcome experience and well worth the money. We thought is was a good enough value that we opted to do the same on the return. There is also a high speed train that is very reasonable, but we had 4 good size pieces of luggage so that was out for us. The hotel is wonderful, the personel are most helpful and speak English very well and the restaurant is top qualitiy, but not a great value. I recommed this hotel.

As beautiful as the photos

by TripAdvisor Member Hi-BeautifulLife-

I love this hotel. This is the hotel which is as beautiful as its photos.
Will come back to stay if I got a good discount!! :)

Ned Kelly's Last Stand, Hong KongNed Kelly's Last Stand, Hong Kong

Anglican ChurchAnglican Church

More of the festival installationsMore of the festival installations

More highrise apartmentsMore highrise apartments

Boutique Hotels around Kowloon area

by Frenchpromo

Hiya,

Kindly recommend a boutique hotel around Kowloon area? Budget is about US$100 to US$150? Would prefer hotel to be near MTR stations?

Cheers!

Re: Boutique Hotels around Kowloon/Tsim Sha Tsiu/Mongkok area?

by Frenchpromo

Hiya,

Kindly recommend a boutique hotel around Kowloon/Tsim Sha Tsui/Mongkok area? Budget is about US$100 to US$150? Would prefer hotel to be near MTR stations?

Cheers!

Re: Boutique Hotels around Kowloon area

by xymmot

Try the JIA Boutique Hotel, the train station is about a block away. Here is a link (http://www.jiahongkong.com/JIA.html ) All hotels are expensive in Kowloon area, T S T area. You will be lucky to find a boutique hotel for under $200USD. Good luck and enjoy your travels.

Re: Boutique Hotels around Kowloon area

by xymmot

curious as I was , i did a search and did find two Boutique Hotels in the Tsim Sha Tsu area They are The Luxe Manor and the Marco Polo Shenzhen. They posted prices under 150 USD and is central located near metro.

Look at the Kowloon Hotel

by goldengate88

It is right behind the Peninsula Hotel, very close to Star Ferry, Nathan Rd, and all your other transports, buses, airport and ferry terminals. It is not 'boutique' but the rooms are very nice and clean. I stay there with my son about a year ago and was able to get an internet booking for about $100 US. I highly recommend this place.

Comments