34-36 Tai Chung Kiu Rd, Shatin, Hong Kong, China

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Regal Riverside Hotel

A modern 4 star hotel

by hopang about Regal Riverside

Hotel Regal Riverside is located along the banks of Shing Mun River in Shatin, New Territories. This is a four star 14 storey hotel with approximately 850 well-furnished rooms. It has several bars and lounges complete with five international restaurants serving Japanese, Cantonese, Chinese and Italian cuisines.

Among its modern up to date facilities are conference and meeting rooms, health centre with gym, internet access, car rental and airport transfer. It is conveniently located along the banks of Shing Mun River, very near to New Town Plaza, Che Kung Temple and Shatin Race Course. Hong Kong Disneyland is only half an hour drive from the hotel.

Hong Kong - odds and even

by cchoe8

"Things to do-apart from shopping"

1. Get to know a local (makes going around easier)
2. Stanley market - cheap and good
3. Victoria peak
4. Big Buddha via cable car
5. Disneyland
6. Do your shopping in Shenzhen. A tip from local Hong Kong folks advise me to buy all my shopping needs in Shenzhen. All i need to do is catch a kcr train and made it to the border, walk across the immigration complex (covered and aircond) and shop till you drop in Shenzhen. Do it with a few friends is advisable as you know China is new and there are many opportunist that will do anything to fulfill their wish. (thief, burglar, cheats....you name it) Always go around in a group during night outings.

"Hotels in Hongkong"

Concourse Hotel -- ok
Regal Riverside Hotel -- bigger room but out of town area

Lousy hotels:
Dorsett Seaview -- room smaller than a standard bathroom
BP hotel -- worst than an army barrack

Harbour Plaza Resort city or Regal Riverside - info pls

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me which hotel is good in terms service, locality, travel convenience etc......
1) Harbour Plaza Resort City ( will this be really away from the city ? like disney, ocean's park Nping 360 , shopping places etc .....)
2) Regal Riverside
3) Metropark Kowloon

much thanks

by Vita500

1. Harbour Plaza Resort City is in Tin Shui Wai which is far, far, far away from the "city centre". Much further away than Disneyland. Then again, far away in HK-terms means like an hour's bus ride... give or take 10 minutes depending on traffic conditions.

2. Regal Riverside is a hotel in Shatin. I stayed there during my very first visit to Hong Kong back in 1996. I liked the hotel and Shatin is a nice city less than 30 minutes from Kowloon and HK Island.

3. The Metropark is close to Mong Kok station and as far as I know they offer free shuttle buses to TST.

You choose three completely different hotels. It very much depends on what you plan to do during your stay in HK. If you prefer being close to the harbour, the Metropark is the way to go. If you like to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city, stay in Shatin. If you stay longer than two weeks, I'd probably also recommend the Harbour Plaza Resort city for its spacious rooms and quiet location.

Cheers,
Robert

Hi Vita,

Thanks for the reply.

I was keen on Harbour Plaza Resort City but since it's the travel issue I will give it 2nd thought.
Ok when you say far from HPRCity ...if I don't mind travelling 1 hr and few mins here n there, to and fro everyday for 8 days....by MTR KCR....can we reach city centre, shopping, major places etc etc in that time or we will be spending major time in trains buses ???

Thanks again....
cheers

by Vita500

Ok, actually, I totally forgot about the "new" KCR West Rail, which connects Tin Shui Wai with Nam Cheong near Kowloon. The ride is quite fast but I'm not sure how long you need to go to reach the station from HPRC and the connection time at Nam Cheong.

Obviously, you will spend some time on traveling but also keep in mind the cost, which will be quite high if you travel everyday.

Then again, if you really wanna stay at HPRC, just do it. Two of my friends used to live there for about a year and a half and they liked it a lot.

Cheers,
Robert

Hi Robert !

Thanks again, your reply was reassuring.

I also found out just outside HPRC there's supposed to be a KCR light rail station "ginza" which takes me to "Tin Shui Wai" as you mentioned and then to on Nam Cheong....

Much thanks again....

cheers

accommodation 2008 equestrian olympic events in Hong Kong

by joymunson

As my daughter and I shall be visiting Hong Kong for a week or so in August 2008 for the Equestrian olympic events, I am searching for hotels that would be situated at the most convenient site to enable us to travel to both venues where the equestrian events are being held. We have visited Hong Kong many times and love your wonderful city, so look forward to booking at a venue where it will allow us easy access to watch these events. Thanking you - Joy Munson

Re: accommodation 2008 equestrian olympic events in Hong Kong

by Jannetto

The arena is in Shatin, so the Regal Riverside might be the best bet- not sure if there's much in Sheung Shui for the cross country- the Regal might know or even have some kind of shuttle, as they're the main hotel in that area. www.regalhotel.com/Regal-Riverside-Hotel/Main/Hotel-Home/Hotel-Home.aspx

tai po accommodation query

by murgatroyd

Hi,
Is anyone able to give me some accommodation advice or recommendation?
I'm arriving Tai Po Sunday.
I want to be near to Tai Mei Tuk.
I just need a room.
Internet would be a welcome bonus!
Many thanks.
murgatroyd.

by joyce.tse

Hi

I am not aware of any hotel accommodation in Tai Po. One suggestion is Shatin where is on the eastern railway route, several stations from Tai Po.

In Shatin, we have Regal Riverside Hotel HK and Royal Park Hotel HK. The former is a little bit cheaper as you may need to take bus (2-3 stops) from Shatin railway station while the latter is close to Shatin railway station. You may take a look at the above suggestions and let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers
Joyce

by murgatroyd

Many thanks Joyce!
I just heard from some friends there that they found me a room with aircon and a double bed for $600AUD per month.
It is walking distance from where I need to be.
I will follow up on your kind suggestions, then compare and make my choice.
Thanks again and good luck!

by joyce.tse

Hi

You are welcome.

How long are you going to stay at Tai Po? The hotel room I suggest is around HK$700 per room per nite. If you are of long stay, may need to contact real estate agent to see if there is any short-term lease.

Do you mind telling me the details of the offer of AUD600 per month? Just to play safe you pay a reasonable price for the rental and no cheating.

Cheers