3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Agoda.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

away from busy centre

to be honest i wasn't stay here. just passing through at the night. seems nice place to stay with easily accessed on the mtr and airbus.

• OneNightInBangkok's Profile Photo

Too far, too expensive

It was awful. The hotel's location is probably what I hated about it the most. My secretary, who obviously had no idea about its location was the one at fault why I ended up here. It's located about a 10-minute walk to the Tai Wo Hau station, which is the second to the last station of the Tsuen Wan line. It is also a 35-minute journey by train to Central station. Taxi fare from Lan Kwai Fong back to the hotel would cost you HK$100 at least.

The hotel must have seen better days as the furnishings are dated and could use some touch-ups. Though clean, a major renovation might be needed. For the price that I paid, the stay here isn't worth it.

Unique Quality: It's the nearest hotel to the airport, that's probably the only good thing that I could say about it.

• SwedishViking's Profile Photo

The Panda Hotel in Kowloon

I stayed here for two nights. It was perfect with a King size bed after a few months travelling and many nights in dormitories...

There are cheaper hotels in Hong Kong but this is rather central and I can recommend it.

Unique Quality: With 1026 guest rooms and suits this is one of the largest hotels in Hong Kong.
    There are six restaurants, a gym and an outdoor swimming pool in the hotel.

The Panda Hotel is close to shops and the MTR (Mass Transit Railway).

Directions: Kowloon, Hong Kong

More about Panda Hotel

Hotel Review: The Panda Hotel, Hong Kong

by Ask.Pranav about The Panda Hotel

I stayed at the Panda Hotel in Tsuen Wan Hong Kong for 4 nights in the first week of January, 2010. My experience was great and I have reviewed my hotel stay as given below.

The Panda Hotel is located on the outskirts of the Hong Kong City is the suburb of Tsuen Wan. However it is well connected to the heart of the city by bus routes as well as the Metro which in Hong Kong is called the MTR. The Tai Wo Hau MTR Station is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and gets you to Central Hong Kong (Tsim Sha Tsui & Central) within 35 minutes. The taxi drive from the airport is 250 HKD and takes 30 minutes. I would not rate the location as a constraint if you have that extra 30 mins to travel up and down.

The room is very well equipped with all the basic amenities. It has a flat screen TV, a comfortable bed, a side table and a sofa set and a clean and well maintained bathroom with a bath tub. If you are lucky to get a room above the 20th floor you get a good view as well. A Tea / Coffee Maker is also available and the facilities match that of an average 4* Hotel

For the complete review please visit

BEWARE OF ASKING FOR A SMOKING ROOM IN PANDA

by jasoncampita about Panda Hotel - Northern Terr

We asked for a smoking room, and oh boy, did the room really smell like smoke! My tip is ask for a non-smoking room and just smoke (be careful not to be caught).

We asked for help from the front desk and they just sent a woman who sprayed air freshener (which did not do much).

What is funny is that we called the front desk again to ask for candles. The receptionist does not understand candles, so I grabbed my Cantonese Phrasebook and said "LAAHPJUK?".

The receptionist said, "OH, LAAHPJUK! WHO HAS BIRTHDAY?" The hotel was not bad if you are a backpacker. We went with a group but did not join them (They bring you to places you would not go to yourself)

Spacious Hotel Rooms in Hongkong

by yellowbell about Panda Hotel

This is the nearest hotel to the airport and can be reached via MTR (Tsuen Wan station). Since it's around 45 minutes by MTR to the city center (Tsim Tsa Tsui), it's a quiet departure from the hustle and bustle of Hongkong . But if you have limited time and your intention of going to HK is visiting the night markets, skip this hotel as this is far from those markets. For it's price, you get value for your money since the rooms are spacious. Trust me your average city hotel room in Hongkong is so small and every nook and cranny is maximized.

There are several restaurants in the hotel and a swimming pool.

Save on your MTR fare and take advantage of the complimentary bus service from the hotel to Mongkok (a night market).

Maps are also available in the concierge for other tourist spots. Be sure to ask the friendly concierge as it's quite hard if you ask directions from the locals if you don't speak Chinese.

Me at Panda HotelMe at Panda Hotel

Metropark Kowloon or Panda Hotel

by soofie70

Hello everyone, I am new here and although I haven't registered until today I regulary read the hong Kong forum to gain all your expert advice
I have a question now, We are planning a holiday for 10 nights in Hong Kong and I am undecided between the Panda Hotel and The Kowloon Metropark, I have made a booking with Panda ( which can be cancelled) but I am starting to think that the Metropark in Kowloon may be better, location\price etc
Dows anybody have any ideas on this?

by poetjo

Welcome. While the Panda hotel is a very popular hotel, it is located in Tsuen Wan which is a bit far from all the action. The Metropark is located in Mong kok which is a great area for shopping, restaurants etc... and is very near Ladies Market, Temple Street night market, jade market and the Tsim Sha Tsui area along the harbor. Metropark has a higher ranking of the hotels in Hong Kong although it is a little more expensive than the Panda Hotel.

I suggest going to Trip advisor and http://www.asiarooms.com and also http://www.agoda.com and read up on the reviews of each hotel so that you can make and informed decision.

I will say if this is your first time in HK then the Metropark may be the way to go since you will be much nearer to all the sightseeing destinations.

Enjoy!

by soofie70

Thankyou for your views, That it the thought I have been having :-)

by urbanmale_tods

I vote for Metropark Kowloon over Panda Hotel.

Though the rates are steeper, you can save lots of transportation fees and time to travel from Panda Hotel to the city centre. After all, it all works out to be the same.

Its always good to have hotel near all the action. You will never know how draggy that trip back to a hotel very far away, especially when you are exhausted in the night. You will also miss out alot of night actions like Ladies Market or Temple Street when you have to return to your hotel early.

I have never stayed in both hotels so cant comment much. I have stayed in Prudential, Ramada Kowloon and Royal Plaza Hotel, all in the heart of Kowloon. Do let me know if you need any help on this 3.

by soofie70

Thankyou again for your replies, I have booked the metropark :-)

Comments