Jaipur road Village dhawala, Alwar, Rajasthan, 301001, India
Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

More about Alwar

Pha! Mark never shares his lunch with me.Pha! Mark never shares his lunch with me.

Travel Tips for Alwar

Neemrana

by avijitb

Built since 1464 AD, Neemrana Fort-Palace is among India's oldest heritage resorts. Neemrana became the third capital of the descendants of Prithviraj Chauhan III, who was killed in battle by Mohammad Ghori in 1192 AD. This picturesque site was chosen by Raja Rajdeo and Neemrana derived its name from a brave local chieftain Nimola Meo, who when defeated by the Chauhans, pleaded that his name be given to his lost kingdom.

The fort is now converted in 5* hotel. The place is good for a day out from Delhi.

"Neemrana Fort"

"Mustard cultivation along NH-8"

Expedition Tiger

by travelinxs

"Sariska Tiger Reserve"

I collared the only other travelers in town, two Americans, Linda and G., travelling with Linda’s two young Indian kids and arranged to team up to share a jeep for the Sariska Tiger Reserve.

We traveled to the reserve the following day and with driver and guide took off through the low-level forest of the 800sq. km park. We saw a variety of wildlife including samba and spotted deer, antelope, languor monkeys, wild boar and paraquettes. Tame treepie birds, the size of magpies and fawn in colour with white stripes, ate most of my pack lunch of biscuits whilst perched on my hand.
But sadly, none of the twenty-seven tigers made an appearance.

The gentle ambience of the forest was slightly marred by G.'s incessant 'yacking'. This was her seventh visit to India and she had been here a year on this trip, yet seemed remarkably naive about the country and, quite frankly, talked an awful lot of rubbish.

Concerning anywhere she had visited she would end her
story with, "Aw...I could tell they hated me. They just shouted at me and waved their arms around a lot. I really didn't like it much..." Perhaps she is persevering until someone did and so did she. I guess her journey may be a long one. This contrasted greatly to Linda’s gentle demeanor and her lovely kids.

.. continue