Baga Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4899

Cavala Seaside Resort

Cavala Seaside Resort is not situated right by the seaside but a few hundred metres away from the sea. As it was red flag on all beaches in Goa when I visited during the monsoon I liked the fact there was a pool at Cavalla’s, but it turned out to be closed the day I arrived.
I got a nice room though. There was a lot of space and it was convenient with tables, reading lamp above the bed, a cupboard, hangers, a fridge and a TV with BBC News. Through the three bathroom windows I could see the beautiful lace of leaves outside. It was a clean bathroom, but there was rat *** in it, and more the next day.
For a single room I paid Rs 750 + 5% tax (July 2010). I liked the building covered in green vegetation and the fact I could sit outside my room looking out at the rice fields.

Breakfast was included in the price and from the menu I chose fruits, toast, scrambled eggs and a pot of coffee. It was a good breakfast. One morning I saw something in the corner of my eye, and the other customer in the restaurant at the moment said it was a rat running past.
I ate dinner once in the restaurant and it was the most expensive meal I had in India, but not the best. In the restaurant there were also live music in the evenings.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written October 15, 2010

My room at Cavala Seaside Resort

• ELJHEM profile photo ELJHEM
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cavala Beach Resort: Anniversary Trip

We stayed here for 14 days in Dec 2006 for our 25th anniversary and used this as our base to explore Goa.

The staff made a stay very special.

A lovely friendly hotel with swimming pool set backing onto fields, but handy for the beach and Baga life. Great for wild life and people watching.

The hotel is split into two sites on either side on either side of Baga Beach road and built in the Portuguese colonial style. The rooms are simple but clean and comfortable. There is live music several nights a week which is very good.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written April 18, 2008

• traceyspacey profile photo traceyspacey
  • Reviews: 460

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Angelina Beach Resort: Close to the action but away from the noise

Situated on a road just off Tito's road; Angelina's is close to the beach, bars and restaurants but far away enough to miss most of the noise. It looks a little like a portuguese house, painted in white with red shutters and balcony doors.

We have a large double room with balcony, fan and hot shower. The place is really clean and the bathroom has decorated tiles. The room is lit up with spot lights. Air con rooms are available as well. This place gets busy, so if you want a specific type of room book in advance.

We are paying 700R a night. Smaller cheaper rooms are available. Angelina's has back up power.

Laundry 10R per item. Limited room service avaliable and they will clean your room every day if you wish.

Very clean. Balcony large enough for two people to sit on comfortable. Good location and hardly any noise.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Water Sports, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written November 25, 2007

View from our balcony

• pisces1954 profile photo pisces1954
  • Reviews: 7

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Abalone in Apora: Fawlty Towers

Read some bad reviews before i went but i hey i love a challenge. It was clean, sparse, the staff were helpful even if dejected and it was not at all like the brochure. The tour rep never put in an appearance because he knew he'd get an ear full off all the holiday makers that had booked a 2 star hotel, more fool them for not researching what that means in Goa. I had clean bedding and towels and the time i spent at the hotel was good, lots of laughs with the staff. Did have an run in with a security guard one night trying to get money off me but i told him to swing his hook which he did, to someone else this could have been scary i suppose.
The complimentary breakfast was interesting.. bets on every morning would it be toast or raw toast
I loved it and the only gripe i have is all those that had paid £ 299 for their two weeks and were expecting anything more than they got, did they see the monkey in the trees out by the pool and the elephant walking past their room every morning on ITS way to work, did they find the St Andreas Bakery out the back with its lovely apple pie, no they were too busy complaining and giving all their cash to tour companies to be taken to interesting places.

Unique no not at all, an unloved building held together by committed staff. Never without water or electric too long. The tailor was a pain in the butt though just could not take a hint or direct no thanks. Great location slightly off the beaten track but just a short walk to Baga

• Opinion of Price: N/A