Nazri Resort

Saunta Vaddo, Baga, 403518, India
Nazri Resort Hotel
Hotels.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Baga

One of the bathroom windowsOne of the bathroom windows

View from our balconyView from our balcony

The beginning of the river at BagaThe beginning of the river at Baga

karin grammetbauerkarin grammetbauer

Travel Tips for Baga

The first of many

by pisces1954

"I landed and felt at home like i knew i would"

The intention to visit Goa / India had been there for a long time and walking past a travel agent one cold and miserable day in Coventry I saw a deal in the window that was too good to resist. So in i went and booked. I bought the Lonely Planet guide but felt no real need to read it other than pick out the little gem places like Lila Cafe on the Baga Road (croissants and homemade aubergine pate to die for), because i knew its pointless to "plan" Goa because things change all the time. I knew inside it would be the first trip of many because that is what Goa does to you, you love it or hate it there's no inbetween. Obviously thanks to my travel agent i ended up in the tourist area Baga and nothing wrong with that, helps you get your bearings etc, but it was a little too much like Skegness with loads of sun, so naturally i escaped to less crowded areas Asvem Beach for example, so beautiful, The hotel was a bit like Fawlty Towers but it all added to the fun of the trip and hey i woke each morning to an elephant walking past my door.. am i going to complain NO WAY.
I didnt do major trips and explorations because i knew i would be back, i had a fear of overloading myself and not taking in everything i see.
I had 2 glorious weeks and did not mind having to come back to where i live because i knew i would be back again and again and again

"The return"

Well 2 weeks and counting and I'm back, this time 3 weeks (gradually working my way up). I dont know where i will end up (have booked hostel just so i have a base on the first night). The only other definate is the hut i have booked in Palolem for a few days over my birthday. I am travelling alone, and i suppose this is the bravest thing i have ever done and yes when i think about it the beat raises by a few but its just a brief thought and gone, what will be will be.
On the cards are a few days in Gokarna and a trip to Hampi and am still worried i wont have enough time to see what i want to see, what a great feeling to know i have to be coming back over and over ... i cant wait.

Comments