Colva Beach, Colva, 403708, India

Eurasian KingfisherEurasian Kingfisher

Travel Tips for Colva

COLVA

by nora_south_africa

"ENTRANCE TO BEACH COLVA SOUTH GOA"

The small village of Colva is in south goa, many people come here for package holidays although I am real glad I didnt, when I was there, there were rubbish heaps right next to where ppl make food and this entrance to the beach had a terrible bad smell, a pity as its a very beauriful beach.

"THE SMALL VILLAGE OF COLVA SOUTH GOA"

Colva does have an exciting vibe, stalls all along the streets selling loads of things at very good prices, in main road is a shop selling the most incredible hand made wooden furniture...wish I could transfer the whole shop to my home.............also here ppl were very friendly,and did not have any one hassle me or try force anything apon me.... but they did try to sell to me..smile ( and I did buy!!)tousists seemed to be enjoying themselves, and most did not even seem to mind the pollution...
Weekends thousands of motor bikes come to the beach area...never seen so many bikes in all my life, and a real thrilling and happy vibe in the town.

"COLVA RUBBISH WITH BAD SMELL"

Food was being sold next to this rubbish heap.... , lets hope they get this lovely village cleaned up ., Makes me sad to place this kinda pic but really think they should try get this wonderful village cleaned up and restored to the beautiful village it is.I heard that a few rubbish trucks disappeared in goa... dont know the details but maybe thats what the problem was...
( maybe I just got there at a bad time)
One thing I must say is that I could not find dustbins anywhere...??? so where must the poor ppl put their rubbish??? I had to carry all my litter back to my hotel room.

Comments