Velan Hotel Ritz

Ritz Road, Coonoor, India

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Coonoor

A Quaint engine outside the Railway stationA Quaint engine outside the Railway station

Roadside, with exotic weedsRoadside, with exotic weeds

Hanuman monkeys just outside the parkHanuman monkeys just outside the park

Tea plantationTea plantation

ayurveda retreat in coonoor

by silleke

Has anybody actually stayed at the ayurveda retreat in coonoor, or even better has anybody followed a thepist taining program there? I´m very interested in doing so but would love to hear some reactions before I send a deposit.Please tell me anything you know about it!!

RE: RE: ayurveda retreat in coonoor

by silleke

Thanks for your reply, but it´s not the taj retreat!
It´s the Ayurveda and Yoga retreat, they do 6week ayurveda therapist training courses.Never heard about it?

by YogaJoe

Stayed there for two weeks recently. Many of the yoga classes taught by students without professional supervision. Very sketchy hygiene and everything needs upgrading. And they recycle the massage oil and the food. For the money not a good deal.

by MsMiles

Have read mixed reviews about this one. I've gone for ayurveda treatments in the past, but not experienced this one in coonoor.

Came across this - http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=3TRDtQ6WMvA

Do let me know if anyone gets any more feedback as I was looking forward to going to Coonoor and ooty anyway.

Ta

Travel Tips for Coonoor

HILL TOWN nr Ooty

by ViajesdelMundo

"Beautiful Markets"

We spent the afternoon in Coonoor, after taking the 'TOY TRAIN' down from Ooty.
It is easy to walk around the markets and venture up the hills to see local residence and places of worship. The people seemed quite friendly and several of the businessmen in the market asked us to take their photos. But when we asked some women near their homes if we could photograph them, they all said NO.

Comments