Tivai Vaddo, Calangute, Goa, 403516, India

See Popular Hotels

Luxury Travel Beaches Singles
See Amenities
Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Loved This (budget for Goa) Hotel!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 27, 2012

When I started comparing prices of hotels in North Goa from 2 years prior, I got quite a sticker shock! I was looking for a room in January - not during the holiday season. Prices were 3 times what we'd paid 2 years before. I wanted to stay at a sentimental favorite but just could not justify the price.

So I went to and started searching. I found Casa de Goa for about $80 a night including breakfast. When we got to the hotel, I was thrilled with our room. Big, clean room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Lots of amenities: LCD TV, free wi-fi, coffee/tea maker, etc., etc.

The (included) breakfast was excellent - a choice of both Indian and continental dishes.

The location is good as well - within walking distance of several restaurants and the main street in Calangute.

The highest recommendation I can give is to say I'd definitely stay here again!

georeiser's Profile Photo

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 22, 2010

Casa De Goa in Calangute is a nice hotel with swimmingpool. Unfortunately is it located more than 10 minutes walk from the beach, and it's not in the centre of the town either. The street outside is small, but traficated.

Directions: GPS coordinates:
15° 32' 26.1700" N 73° 45' 39.3400" E

Mediocre resort in Goa - Calangute

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 1, 2007

Pathetic room service & House keeping. Avoid eating in the restaurant as time taken for food preparation is 45-60 minutes from ordering.

Unique Quality: Excellent property and great layout, especially the pools. Rooms & Cottages are very spacious and it would be a real delight if used only as a bed & breakfast resort.

amansaluja's Profile Photo

At the heart of happenning North Goa

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 17, 2007

Casa de Goa - A Boutique resort! The best part abt the hotel is its central location very near the busy Calangute, Baga & the Candolim Beach. The nearest is the Calngute which is a 5 minute walk to the beach. Nice well appointed AC rooms with spacious bathroom and the room opening up to the beautiful swimming pool makes for a great view. When booking this hotel, insist on the rooms on the ground floor, overlooking the pool. Food at the hotel is nothing much to talk about. Even the buffet breakfast is very ordinary. When hungry at 2:00 am, the hotel had nothing to offer us, we ventured out and hit upon a happenning joint "Hungry Horse" which was full of people. The food was great and the place was full to the brim with ppl enjoying the music food and drinks at that hour. DOnt forget to try their chilli chicken, with chicken chopsuey which by the way is known as Chowmein in Goa. From that moment on, I had decided not to order anything from the hotel, it was going to be food from "Hungry Horse". Also, if u r looking to rent the bike, avoid getting it from the hotel staff. Theres a place just opposite the hotel that offers bikes at reasonable rates. We paid Rs 350/= for an almost new mobike, and the best part is that we were handed over the bikes with no questions asked, we paid Rs 500 for two bikes as an advance and we were off. Travelling is safe and the roads in good shape. No pollution amazing environs with coconut & beautiful palm trees all along. I would definetely like to return to Casa de goa & would recommend it to others. Casa de Goa is a grt place to start off your Goa Holiday. SO what r u waiting for...Go Goa!

Unique Quality: Centralised loacation at the happenning Calangute Beach. Decently sized AC rooms with nice spacious bathrooms. Very comfortable stay, well maintained and nice staff. Beautiful pool next to the rooms.

TandyO's Profile Photo

A huge rip off

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2007

Its not that the grounds weren't clean, or that the cleaners stole from us, none of this happened. Its just that for $400 a night I expected a LOT more. Is it too much to ask for a front desk person who speaks English ,a pool that isn't cloudy, for breakfast to start on time, and for enough breakfast for all the patrons to eat?

The lack of an English speaking front desk person is the biggest aggravation of all. I'm not one of these people who expects others to speak my language, quite the opposite is true in fact, but when I'm spending $400 a night to stay at a hotel that is supposed to cater to westerners, I think it isn't too much to ask for at least one person at the front desk to have a reasonable command of the English language and a fair knowledge of the surrounding area. This person doesn't need to have a Harvard degree, but when I go to the front desk and ask where I can go for SCUBA diving I expect more than a blank stare and then the automatic handing of a tourist flier that has nothing to do with SCUBA diving.

If I was staying at even a $200 a night hotel, this would be expected, but for $400 a night there should be a LOT more than what this place has.

Unique Quality: Extremely rich people from all over the world crammed into a small hotel in the middle of some of the worst poverty the world has to offer. Don't worry though, the hotel has 24 hour security so you wont have to notice the poverty until you leave.

Directions: Calangute beach

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Goa Travel Forum

Need advice about Goa, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Goa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Goa hotel reviews