Baga Beach, Calangute, Goa, India

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Cavala Seaside Resort, Baga

Cavala Seaside Resort is not situated right by the seaside but a few hundred metres away from the sea. As it was red flag on all beaches in Goa when I visited during the monsoon I liked the fact there was a pool at Cavalla’s, but it turned out to be closed the day I arrived.
    I got a nice room though. There was a lot of space and it was convenient with tables, reading lamp above the bed, a cupboard, hangers, a fridge and a TV with BBC News. Through the three bathroom windows I could see the beautiful lace of leaves outside. It was a clean bathroom, but there was rat *** in it, and more the next day.
    For a single room I paid Rs 750 + 5% tax (July 2010). I liked the building covered in green vegetation and the fact I could sit outside my room looking out at the rice fields.

Breakfast was included in the price and from the menu I chose fruits, toast, scrambled eggs and a pot of coffee. It was a good breakfast. One morning I saw something in the corner of my eye, and the other customer in the restaurant at the moment said it was a rat running past.
    I ate dinner once in the restaurant and it was the most expensive meal I had in India, but not the best. In the restaurant there were also live music in the evenings.

• cuppadamoksha's Profile Photo

Awesome & Affordbale Rooms

Hi Steve,

i stayed at this awesome and affordable place called Cavala which is opposite Cafe del sol. both are not on the beach but within walking distance. I did not like the ambience at Del Sol much . It had a lot of nosiy tourists groups.
    As for Nagahole, any info u might need just email me , I live in Coorg which is where the sanctuary is located and can get u some updated info.

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

good and cheap place

well i had first seen the info about this page on www.gogoa.com
    after checking the rates we made one of our friend who stays in goa to go in person and get a better deal. and viola we got what we wanted. it is got a perfect location 5 mins close to baga beach. i must say people shud go to this hotel for a good stay

Unique Quality: being an architect myself, i loved the local architecture and this hotel in perticular was great.
    they even have a swimming pool for this rate..great breakfast also.
    on saturday nights they have their own pub which gets packed with locals. which is an added benifit

Directions: the main baga-calangute road, after titos

• Justin_goa's Profile Photo

Best Accommodation In Baga

Lovely place to stay. The back drop is paddy fields..gets its lush green after the monsson but it's a pity that it gets grey and dull during the peak season.
    The restaurant is great..mostly you could get lo listen to Suzie, a talanted singer who can make you think that you are back in 60's with the retro jazz repetoire...
    The Pool and the bar area called 'Banana Republic is a place for sun bathing and quiet reading in hammocks.
    Those who like to be near the beach and be away from the crowds and noice..Cavala is a great place to chill..

Unique Quality: Nice food