Cavala Resort

See Amenities
MalenaN's Profile Photo

Cavala Seaside Resort, Baga

by written on October 15, 2010

Cavala Seaside Resort is not situated right by the seaside but a few hundred metres away from the sea. As it was red flag on all beaches in Goa when I visited during the monsoon I liked the fact there was a pool at Cavalla’s, but it turned out to be closed the day I arrived.
I got a nice room though. There was a lot of space and it was convenient with tables, reading lamp above the bed, a cupboard, hangers, a fridge and a TV with BBC News. Through the three bathroom windows I could see the beautiful lace of leaves outside. It was a clean bathroom, but there was rat *** in it, and more the next day.
For a single room I paid Rs 750 + 5% tax (July 2010). I liked the building covered in green vegetation and the fact I could sit outside my room looking out at the rice fields.

Breakfast was included in the price and from the menu I chose fruits, toast, scrambled eggs and a pot of coffee. It was a good breakfast. One morning I saw something in the corner of my eye, and the other customer in the restaurant at the moment said it was a rat running past.
I ate dinner once in the restaurant and it was the most expensive meal I had in India, but not the best. In the restaurant there were also live music in the evenings.

cuppadamoksha's Profile Photo

Awesome & Affordbale Rooms

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 2, 2009

Hi Steve,

i stayed at this awesome and affordable place called Cavala which is opposite Cafe del sol. both are not on the beach but within walking distance. I did not like the ambience at Del Sol much . It had a lot of nosiy tourists groups.
As for Nagahole, any info u might need just email me , I live in Coorg which is where the sanctuary is located and can get u some updated info.

tranceperent's Profile Photo

good and cheap place

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 25, 2006

well i had first seen the info about this page on www.gogoa.com
after checking the rates we made one of our friend who stays in goa to go in person and get a better deal. and viola we got what we wanted. it is got a perfect location 5 mins close to baga beach. i must say people shud go to this hotel for a good stay

Unique Quality: being an architect myself, i loved the local architecture and this hotel in perticular was great.
they even have a swimming pool for this rate..great breakfast also.
on saturday nights they have their own pub which gets packed with locals. which is an added benifit

Directions: the main baga-calangute road, after titos

Justin_goa's Profile Photo

Best Accommodation In Baga

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 15, 2005

Lovely place to stay. The back drop is paddy fields..gets its lush green after the monsson but it's a pity that it gets grey and dull during the peak season.
The restaurant is great..mostly you could get lo listen to Suzie, a talanted singer who can make you think that you are back in 60's with the retro jazz repetoire...
The Pool and the bar area called 'Banana Republic is a place for sun bathing and quiet reading in hammocks.
Those who like to be near the beach and be away from the crowds and noice..Cavala is a great place to chill..

Unique Quality: Nice food

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Kitchenette

Goa Travel Forum

Need advice about Goa, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Goa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Goa hotel reviews