Clarks Inn Aguada Anchorage

Sinquerim Beach, Goa, Goa, 403515, India
Aguada Anchorage - The Villa Resort
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Goa

The river from the beachThe river from the beach

Your suggestion?Your suggestion?

The Sri Maruti (God of Winds) Temple, Altinho hillThe Sri Maruti (God of Winds) Temple, Altinho hill

Red flag on the beach in ArambolRed flag on the beach in Arambol

I will spend 99 nights in Panaji

Hi,

French, 60 years old, I started my studies again in Master of Teaching French for Foreign Students (Inalco - Paris). I will come in Panaji for a training session, arriving January 18th and leaving April 23rd in the morning.

My minimum wish : a big room (bed, table for study, shower, toilets) and a place for my scooter. No AC no scenic view. Simple and clean in local neigborhood. Could be a paying guest house (mai angrezi aur hindi bolta hu).

My budget for the total stay is 25.000-35.000 rps.

Thanks for any offer.

Bets regards

Jacques (I can call you on a landline for free)

by jacquesrenaud

Tell me if you have a landline, which number, which days and which time you want I call.

Best (I don't bet) regards

by tayloretc

Not sure someone on this site will have lodging, but you can try something like http://classifieds.sulekha.com/ads/goa.htm - if you post something there you'll probably get calls from landlords. Check with the people running the training session, too, they can probably help.

Thanks tayloretc,

After your answer I gave a look to sulekha and I found something in Tivim. I start to imagine me on the scooter in the morning... Not far from 15km. The road is nice without too much traffic. Why not?

I am in contact with the people of the training session.

Preparing your travel you are in a dream. Thanks to give me company.

by pravesh15

hi

You can visit, www.palacetegoa.com .
This is very good place to stay as per your requirement.
I am visiting during new year to goa and staying at same place.

Happy X'mas and New year .
Regards
Pravesh

hi,

Thank you Pravesh.

My problem is solved. Some staff's people are looking for a flat for me.

Regards

Travel Tips for Goa

Children Walking Tall on UK TV, 19/5/08 channel 5

by Sunglow

Hi to all VT members,

To view you will need to click on to

I am really looking forward to seeing this TV programme on the 19th May, channel five at 9pm. If anyone does spot that it's being shown on the tv in Goa please would they responsed to this forum so I can bring it to my friend's attention. Well done to the British Royal Navy for giving up their shore leave free time and for contributing to such a wonderful charity. Sunglow.

friendliest people

by moondog1980

The people were very friendly and trusting, as i was told "we believe english mans word". I was looking to buy a pieace of jewellary,and was told to take it overnight check its value in other shops. And to return it the next day and pay for it if i wanted to keep it!

Take taxi for a whole day

by ubiq

My general tip in Asian countries. :-) Use taxi. They are everywhere. It is cheap and fast way to move even to long destinations if you do not like to rent a vehicle. Always negotiate the price first. Do not hesitate to hire a taxi for 2-hour shopping at Panaji or wholeday trip, like Calangute-Palolim-Calangute etc. Drivers are willing to wait. The price depends more on the time spent than kilometers, and your hagging skills also.
I maybe paid too much myself, but it was my first time at Goa. :-)

Some examples: Baga-Calangute beach 50 rps, Baga-Palolim oneway 800 rps, Baga-spice farm-Old Goa-Panjim-Baga fullday tour with guiding 700 rps (late March 2003).

Shanty restaurants on the beach

by georeiser

The bamboo restaurants and the shanty cottages on the beach of Calangute is teared down every year when the summer monsun starts and some of them are build up again in October when the tourists season starts. Maybe the cottages are too fragile for heavy wind and rain? Actually this is not the reason. There are some disputes among the poor restaurant owners on the beach and the hotel owners, who say they loose money because the shanty restaurants steel their customers. Lobbyism by the hotel owners have resulted in a goverment fee every season of 50000 rupies for each restaurant on the beach, which is an enourmous amount for a poor man. I don't think this is fair. Please be wise when you are here and eat on the beach.

Goan cuisine

by Janni67

The cuisine of Goa has an interesting mix of influences from all the cultures that it came into contact with. There are two separate traditions in cuisine influenced by the respective religions of Hinduism and Christianity. One of the most popular dishes, the pork Vindaloo is a result of this beautiful harmony. The Portuguese cooking has a strong and influence on Goan Cuisine and that should not be forgotten. Goan food is simple but one has to bear in mind that most, though not all of it, is chili hot, spicy, and pungent.

A typical Goan would prefer seafood to all other meats and would use a lot of coconut for cooking --we must be Goans in our souls because we use a lot of coconut in cooking at home ;) Beside coconut, rice and fish are the basic components of the typical Goan food platter. Delicacies made from these three items can be expected in nearly every Goan meal. Goans find truly world-class prawns, lobsters, crabs, and jumbo pomfrets along the coastline and use them to make a variety of soups, salads, pickles, curries, and fries. The famous red Goan chilies are also a must for most dishes, as is tamarind. Goa is not particularly known for its vegetarian dishes. While Hindus like lamb and chicken, Christians prefer pork. However, both prefer fish and seafood to any other meat.

Comments