Dona Alcina Hotel

See Amenities

VALUE FOR MONEY

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 31, 2007

We have had 2 holidays here the first for 3 weeks and the second for 4 weeks the staff are very good the hotel although basic is clean and very convenient to all the place's you can want to visit,i must however warn you not to go to the jeweller called the (jewelly quarter) he is nothing but a thief he stole over 50gamms of gold from us saying he was making us some rings and things we got back something that I can only say was copper at its best .but apart from him we had a great time we went every where to the spice farms to the falls hampi tempels church's and some wonderful days out

Unique Quality: nice pool lovly gardens good location

Directions: main road candolim

aqazi's Profile Photo

Ok but not for me

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 16, 2004

If you from the UK and you visit India a lot then you're probably aware that its often cheaper to buy a two week holiday with hotels included to Goa than taking a schedule return flight to Bombay. So that what we did. We stayed at the hotel for the first two days and then returned a day before our flight left. Considering we hardly used our room, I guess it was all fine but not fancy at all. This hotel is for the budget minded traveller who doesn't mind sub stand accomadation and having to cross a busy road to get to the beach. I wouldn't personally stay here again. I most certainly wouldn't "pay" to stay here. I have been to Goa on other occasaions and avoid north Goa as it just isn't for me. If you're on a budget, want a package tour and don't mind what you get then this is fine. Otherwise look somewhere else.

I just did a few google searches and landed on a website that said there had been a number of dissatisfied customers here, their was also a post from a TV show that investigates holidays from hell! Obviously seems worse than I thought!

Directions: Candolim Beach

Beginners bad luck

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2004

It appears most first timers to Goa choose this hotel, as it is modestly priced. It is very basic and has suffered from neglect, if you opt for air conditioning, the only thing louder will be the nightly cockroach race around the tiled floors, I found a mushroom growing out of the back of the shower room door. Its only saving grace is the reception staff, who in true Goan style are absolutely attentive, and courteous to a fault, the hotel was the only real downside to our stay, you can do better. I feel sorry for the staff, but you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Directions: Close to beach

• Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking

Goa Travel Forum

Need advice about Goa, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Goa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Goa hotel reviews