Galaxy Beach Resort

Tags

Beaches Spa and Resort Singles
See Amenities

Paid 20,400 INR as advance but denied reservation

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 27, 2008

I made a booking at Galaxy through their sales office - Global Odessey, New Delhi on Nov 07, 2007.
They offered an attrative 6night package(Jan 30,2008 to Feb 05,2008) of a suite for Rs 40,800(that required some negotiations though). As an advance, I was asked to pay half the amount i.e. Rs 20,400.
At the airport, I was apprised that due to cancellations of pvt chartered flight of a tourist group, I am being moved to a different hotel viz. Coconut Grove. I made a lot many phone calls to their sales office in Delhi but it was hardly of any help. With no option left, I had to stay at Coconut Grove. But the horrendous journey didn't end here. Due to miscommunication between Galaxy & Coconut Grove management, I was compelled to check-out one day prior to my actual schedule. February, being carnival time, saw all the hotel booked in Goa. With a lot of difficulty, I was able to find an alternate hotel. But trust me, my vacation was badly spoilt!
Last but not the least, the amount I paid at Delhi sales office was not adjusted at Coconut Grove(as promised) and the money was refunded 2 weeks after I came back to delhi.

/Ankur
ankur.pathela@gmail.com

Nice budget hotel!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 15, 2007

Galaxy hotel had some bad reviews online, so I was a little concerned. On arrival our room was not ready until four hours later, which was a bummer cus we hadnt slept in over 24 hours! Anyway we went to the beach which is right next to the hotel and slept for a bit. The service was a little confused/hectic but it was present. There seems to be a lot of young lads running about the place like headless chickens, not exactly sure of their role.

The room was nice, quite clean, with a wet room toilet and shower, aircon that wasnt too noisy, a tv with a slightly dodgy speaker quality and a double bed which was very comfortable (many beds in goa's hotels can be uncomfortable for foreign visitors.)

They did a barbecue every night which was pretty good, the tandoor stuff was great, make sure you try it.

I would go here if your not too bothered about service and simply want a nice comfortable base to enjoy utorda and the rest of Goa from.

The kenilworth resort is right next door and has some amazing five star facilities and a great spa/salon/beatuy place which my girlfriend loved, she said the prices were amazing for the type of treatment available (shes got her own beauty salon in the UK.) so the Kenilworth is good to use for luxury one off treatments.

There are always a few taxi drivers out the front, who for a reasonable price will take you somewhere for the day and wait for you to return (just tell thgem when you want to meet up again)

Our driver was called Brocas; He's a tall guy with a moustache. Brocas is a great guy and importantly is a skilled driver, so you are relatively safe on the roads with him (some of the driving in Goa is bloody bananas.)

This hotel probably is not suitable for disabled people.

Unique Quality: Galaxy is right next to Utorda beach, which was our favourite beachof all thoser we went to in goa. It is quiet, you can get a few hundred metres of sand pretty much to yourself. there are hawkers but they leave you alone once you make it clear you dont want to buy anything (I find saying no no in a low voice and looking slightly the other direction from the seller makes them get the point; they don't take it as being rude, its all part of the game.)

The pool in Galaxy is nice; hey its just a pool!

Zeebops beach shack is right on Utorda justnext to the Galaxy entrance as is one of the best shacks we have been too; its damn reasonable prices, cheap beer, good (slightly overdone) service and very fresh seafood. The service everywhere in goa is over the top and mildly irritating, but you get used to it.

Directions: right on Utorda beach, just next to the kenilworth hotel; any taxi driver will know this area.

Nearby Galaxy Beach Resort

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Goa Travel Forum

Need advice about Goa, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Goa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Goa hotel reviews