Lagoa Azul

Orbitz.com Tingo.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 73% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• star_girl's Profile Photo

The most friendliest hotel i've ever stayed in!

I LOVE this hotel!!

I've traveled to many places and this hotel is the cleanest, friendiest, nicest, most relaxing hotel i've ever stayed in!

The staff are amazing, the food is lush.

The rooms are very spacious! if you want an extra bit of luxuary you can upgrade to a suite for extra cost (it is worth it!) there are two pools at the hotel, they are both great to swim in at different part of the day, one is more shaded than the other, there are little shops in the hotel grounds. which you can get clothes hand made from. there is also a little shop/bakey called st sebastian litlery 7 seconds walk from the hotel you can get all your water etc etc from.

there is a free shuttle bus from the hotel every hour that takes you down the the beach, which is well worth it or you can jump in a taxi outside the hotel that will take you down to the beach for 100rupees (about £1.20)

If it's your first time in goa, or you 1,000, you will love this hotel!

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo

Hotel Lago Azul

This is probably on a par, if not slightly better than Marinha Dourada. Its located behind the Abalone in Arpora. Good sized rooms, swimming pools etc...and with great staff.

Directions: Arpora

• Cat1976's Profile Photo

Coldest swimming pool in the world....ever!

We had originally booked for the Lagoa Azul but on arriving at the airport, was advised that hotel was booked up and we were headed here instead.

The hotel was clean, the rooms had air conditioning and there was a greta tailors where my friends had lovely suits made. The food was decent and the staff as always, helpful as ever.

Unique Quality: The swimming pool has to be the coldest thing I have ever been in in my life...and I hae been swimming in the irish sea!!!

Directions: Calangute

• dhod's Profile Photo

Worth the taxi ride

We had originally booked to stay at the Ronil Beach Hotel in Baga- this was a dump, eventually we ended up at the Lagoa Azul- and the next time we go back to Goa we will stay there again. Given that India is a third world country my expectations for a three start hotel were moderate, but the Resort Lagoa Azul was excellent.
    We originally overlooked this hotel because of the distance from Baga- a ten minute ride in a (very cheap) taxi, but it is worth it to stay in a quality hotel.

Unique Quality: Excellent standards for a 3* hotel in India.
    There are 2 pools, an open air restaurant and bar, entertainment most nights and the staff are exceptionally friendly.
    The rooms were of ample size and quality and even the maids arranged the towels in fancy patterns on the bed each evening!

More about Lagoa Azul

I've fallen in love...with Goa

by dhod

"I just have to Goa again"

I've really fallen in love with this place, and the short 9 days I was there just wasn't enough. I want to return again soon.
We chilled out in Baga after touring Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. The relaxed friendly atmosphere in Goa was quite a contrast from the over-populated congested cities, it was just the perfect holiday.
We stayed in the Resort Lagoa Azul which was excellent and just a free 10 minute taxi ride to the beach every day.
Baga has everything you could hope for in a beach resort and it is so, so cheap.

My stay there holds an even more special memory:- sat at a beach shack watching England win the Rugby world cup. All the local Indian boys were cheering aven though they really didn't understand the game!!

Lagoa azul

by Pij

Anyone been to the lagoa azul?

any good??

me and the misses may be booking soon?

peace and love

pij

RE: Lagoa azul

by BluBluBlu

Its a very good hotel...similar in standard to the Marinha Dourada...

by Pij

what hotels that then ?? ,mariha.... was it good?? is it close?/

RE: Lagoa azul

by hotxbun

I had a drive past it this year, looked spot on, heard some good reports about the resteraunt. We've just booked up for 9/1/06 for 2 weeks. We stayed in Arpore this year and thought it was the best place in North Goa.

by BluBluBlu

I'm hoping to be in Arpora around Jan 06 too...Lets get a VT meet going!

by hotxbun

I'm looking forward to seeing you there - there are some cracking little bars on Arpora "Main Street"

by BluBluBlu

Grins...I've drunk in every one!!!

by hotxbun

There is one bar in particular we visited for the 1st time this year - it is on the left hand side as you come in from Calangute etc just before the barbers, a dark dingy place with a couple of bench seats. The owner is a great bloke who had just bought a new fridge which serves the coldest beer in Goa for about 15 rupees (small Kingfisher) - I can't wait!

Comments