Goa Hotels

• 6aruna profile photo 6aruna
  • Reviews: 207

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Brisa marina: The only disappointment

This was an expensive but cramped hotel in a very good location.They did not provide complimentary breakfast or
toiletries. Had to ask for each and everything.The cups in which they provided tea were chipped.They have advertised daily cleaning which they did not comply. Robbery for the rate they charged .
Would have checked out that day itself but for the fact that we were tired and the beach more than made up for our disappointment.The staff were affable but very laid back ..very Goan.

went back and checked their advertisement,We stayed in the same room with the balcony as shown in the advertisement .must have been photo shopped.!

Location. Very near the beach.

• Written December 22, 2014

• Emeraldy profile photo Emeraldy

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino: The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort & Casino. Great!

The first thing I would like to do is to thank the hotel staff for the good and warm memories. It was a business trip to Goa. But staying at the Zuri Hotel made it a bit romantic. :) On the moment I arrived at the hotel I felt the welcoming atmosphere at the hall. The guys at the reception presented the key and I occupied the room immediately. The room was a bit enigmatic, cosy and comfortable. I was given the one on the ground floor, so I became the queen of my own terrace facing the pool. :)
A few words about breakfasts. They were diversified and tasty, with fruits in abundance. But there is one small 'zest' in all the meals. I will tell... Probably one may want to have his or her meal at the table outside ( there are several tables outside near the dining room), so be careful as you will be accompanied by ravens, which are always hungry and impudent.I think ravens also adore the hotel, as there are plenty of them there ))))
The territory's turn now... It is big, marvellous and being looked after diligently. It is a great pleasure to walk along green lawns and blue pools on the way to the beach. Try to be bored staying at the hotel and observing all that beautiful bridges across the pools, white sand beach and smiling people! You will fail ))
By the way, there is a live music show in the evening. A great chance to enjoy goan music. :)
Have a good time at The Zuri White Sands Goa!

• Related to: Photography, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written November 27, 2014

The pool

• goutammitra profile photo goutammitra
  • Reviews: 1306

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Various: Some More Budget Hotels at Canagute Beach

I was there for very little time and the visit was marred by heavy rains, it was not possible to do little survey. So, what I did , took pictures of several budget hotels both old and new and posting here. The charges would be around Rs.500/- - Rs2000/( US$8 to US$30). These hotels are just at the entrance of the beach offering good accommodation. Throughout the year, Calangute accommodation is not a problem but during Christmas it is.

But now, at the age of internet and on-line booking you need not worry too much as Goa has many hotels at many places!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written September 6, 2013

Neelam's Grand

• pd1 profile photo pd1

canvasretreat: Cool Place for people liking the silence and peace

Its a nice place just around 20 minutes from Mapsa and close to all the good beaches like Baga , Calangute.

Its fully equipped with a Gym, Kitchen, for people loving some sports table tennis table and nice view in the front . Owned by Dr Ravi its a wonderfull place for friends who like to hang together and people who would prefer to do their own cooking and enjoy some peace

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Camping, Arts and Culture, Family Travel
  • Written September 3, 2013
Tip Photo

• yshana profile photo yshana

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Artisanale Holiday Home and Art Residency: Fantastic Stately yet Homely Goan holiday home

We stayed here mid-January with 2 friends from India. We had a fantastic times away from all the loud noise and drama that is so typical of Goa during that time of the year.

Artisanale Holiday Homes has 3 homes in different parts of Goa. WE were at Artisanale Colvale and just briefly went to Artisanale Loutolim. We loved the greens that the house overlooked. ANd the very very peaceful surroundings. Food was a little problem as there are not too many restaurants in the vicinity. And the person there knew only Indian cooking. They are worth a try for a those not looking for the typical touristy things. BTW: they are fully equipped like any other home. All basic amenities are there.

They rent out the whole house so 2 people pay the same as 6 people :). Food extra. It is a typical village home with lovely fields, birds in the morning, lawns etc..

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Architecture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written February 13, 2012

Artisanale Colvale - lawn view

• scb111 profile photo scb111

The Sea Horse Resort, Goa: Nice Upcoming resort near Baga

I had the pleasure of staying here in the month of May and again in September. The place is about 1km from Baga beach and has a breath-taking view of the river from its balconies. It's equipped with all the modern facilities and has jacuzzi in its rooms.

They have a swimming pool and a games area.

The restaurant serves excellent food and I suggest the grilled fish and mango icecream.

They also have a shuttle service to the beach and offer very reasonable rates since its new. I suggest everyone to check out this property next time they plan to visit Goa.

Great view

• Written October 4, 2011

• Liatris1 profile photo Liatris1
  • Reviews: 145

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Wildernest: In the Wildernest...

We drove motorbikes from the coast trough beautiful scenery to the Goa-Karnataka
border to get to Wildernest Nature Resort. It was really a fun ride up the hills.

Wildernest, at the height of 800 mts above sea level is overlooking the Vazra valley, and the staff arrange nature treks, community fairs, bird watching trips, folk performances andother activities.
You have the nature right there around your hut, so you can also choose to enjoy the nature in a more relaxed way at your veranda.

It's supposed to be 18 huts there, but the huts are so well hidden in the forrest that we couldn't see any other hut than our own, but we could hear the family in the nearest hut.

The huts has good standard with large windows, double bed and bathroom. We were two couples sharing the twin hut. (two huts side by side with shared veranda)

Waking up to the sounds of bird song and the view of the green forrest trough the large windows was a special experience.

The common area has a bar (with bar chairs of blocks of wood), restaurant, nature garden.
Swimming in the infinity swimming pool on the edge of the cliff was an amazing experience...

Swimming pool with an amazing view!
Nature at your hut veranda.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism, Jungle and Rain Forest, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 11, 2011

Hut at Wildernest

• darbis profile photo darbis
  • Reviews: 3

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Resort Rio just the worst !: Careful with the crowd !

Well we had the pleasure of going to this hotel recommended by our tour operator as a new place and a 5 star. Well its not. The hotel looks great very nice pool and all that. Rooms big and the reception needed to put the aircon on. Every second day we were locked out as the keycard would not open the door and had to go to reception and ask them to open the room. What a pain !
The room has no 5 star toilet amenities, like a comb or small shaving kit, no slippers etc. No Bidet and really very average quality toilet paper. Sheets etc were clean and bed big enough. Dirty beige color sofa, some one seems to have wiped or dropped something on it. Stupid to put a beige sofa in the room a darker color would be better
No extra bed was provided for my kid had to call the front office who then told me to call room service who then told me to call house keeping.
Breakfast was fine but had to really wait as there was some meeting or conference group which had priority maybe because they were Indians. Anyway did get coffee and eggs everyday. Staff were too busy to maybe care if we really needed something as it was so busy.
Not 5 star service. The buffet breakfast had many things if you can jump over the crowd.
The pool is great and the hotel area is nice. Security is there.
Pool towels provided but not with a smile. Once I tipped the guy then from the next day he would smile and run with the towels. Lots of people at the pool some did have their clothes on the Indian ladies. So after 3 days we stopped using the pool which was a shame.
Took a cab and went to Morjim and mandrim. The cabs in the hotel are rip-off as the hotel takes a cut on it. Just walk out of the hotel and in 5 mins you will have cabs at 30 % cheaper rates another rip off is the wifi 100 rupees an hour, it sure can be free in a hotel of this size or 5 star as they call it.
Ate just once at the Italian it was fine, nice pizza and salad. Did not ´feel like eating here after the daily breakfast battles.
The hotel is way out, not near any beach but you can just go outside walk 5 mins get a cab to Baga for Rupees 150 one way better to go to Morjim or better still mandrem
Room service we called 3 times in 45 mins. to get 2 spoons.
We ATE AT all spice WHICH IS JUST 5 MINS. FROM THE HOTEL, go to the end of the road and turn left. Another one is safforn court. Hotel is an a dark alley maybe get a torch if you wanna go out at night walking.
Maybe this place is just good in the offseason where the staff will look after you and you can swim in the pool.
Stayed 6 nights and then shifted to Candolim to a nice 4 star payed the same price but 100 times better service and no rip-offs with Wifi or taxis + great peaceful buffet breakfast and managed to try Indian breakfast too. Was spicy though.
On the last day the Aircon did not work but no compensation from the hotel. Be careful with this Indian hotel with owners I believe from Gujrat but based in London. I heard this from the staff but can confirm the info.

Just the pool looks good but not the cowd of Indians in the pool with their clothes on.

• Related to: Water Sports, Food and Dining, Beaches
  • Written March 12, 2011

• anilbobbysharma profile photo anilbobbysharma
  • Reviews: 2

PANDE RESIDENCY,NEAR RAJBAG BEACH,CANACONA,GOA-IND: SIMPLE SMALL HOTEL BUT NICE

The hotel has just around 7 to 8 rooms but delicately done. I enjoyed my stay here because the rates were bare minimum.

Actually being such a small hotel the best thing was the rooms were most lavishly done for the price.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written December 5, 2010

FROM OUTSIDE

• anilpradhanshillong profile photo anilpradhanshillong
  • Reviews: 520

GOA MARRIOT RESORT, MIRAMAR, PANAJI, GOA: Take A Swim In The Sea

The hotel is bang in the middle of the city yet ensconced and undisturbed by the usual hustle and bustle. The area hugs the coastline presenting a panoramic view of the Mondovi River rushing headlong into the Arabian Sea. Barges and ships float smoothly down the river but need to chug upstream. The waves lap against the shore expending themselves after their ferocious hurtle across the sea. You can spend hours just watching this scene and luxuriating in the warmth of your verandah.

The pool is of a decent size and is only a few feet away from the coastline. It's open the whole day through. The gym is also rather inviting. Add to that the Spa, the Wan Hao restaurant, the Casino, the Beauty Salon, and perhaps, you may not stir out of the hotel complex! Food is exceptional and the staff most courteous.

First Written: Oct., 2010

Great view, open space, breezy

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Sailing and Boating
  • Written October 20, 2010

Room 288

Palolem Guest House, Palolem

I visited Palolem during the monsoon and at that time there were no beach huts open, so I decided to stay at Palolem Guest House, which is situated about 200m from the beach and half a km away from the centre of the village. The guesthouse is situated in a quiet street.

I got a room with a balcony and a bathroom. There was A/C (which I didn’t use) and a fan and a TV with BBC World. There was no light on the balcony and no furniture, but I could take out the plastic chair from the room. In the bed there was a blanket, but no top sheet. I got one when I asked for it though.
For the bathroom I got towels and toilet paper, but no soap.
The price for the room was Rs 700 (June 2010).

In reviews I had seen there was a leafy garden with a restaurant. So I had hoped to be able to sit outside , under a roof, if it was raining. But this was not a nice place to sit in during monsoon. All chairs and tables stood in a heap to protect them from rain, the cushions were wet and there was a lot of mosquitoes.

There was a small restaurant indoors though and here are the prices I paid:
Breakfast Rs 80

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 15, 2010

Palolem Guest House

Afonso Guest House, Panaji

Afonso Guest House is situated in an old Portuguese town house in the area Fontainhas. It sounded to be a nice place with a rooftop terrace so that’s where I went after arriving to Panaji. It was less than a kilometres walk from the bus stand.

When I arrived I was shown two rooms, one on the first floor next to the reception, and one on the second floor. They looked similar but the one on the second floor didn’t have a big mirror as the first floor room had, and the A/C was not working. The room on the first floor was Rs 700 and the room on the second floor was Rs 800 (June 2010). I chose the room on the second floor as it would be more quiet. It turned out the room was not Rs 800, but Rs 824 as a luxury tax was added. It was the most expensive room I stayed in while in Goa.
The room had a fan and a small table, there was a bathroom and a towel and toilet paper. There was no bedside table and in the bathroom the electricity was just under the shower (it did not feel safe).
One thing I didn’t like was that they wanted my copy of my passport. In all other hotels where I stayed in India the hotel made a copy (at the hotel or somewhere nearby). Now I was told I could make a new copy for myself at a several shops nearby. Even if the copy was only Rs 1 I don’t think that I as a customer should be the one oing this.

As it was monsoon time the tables and chairs on the roof top terrace all stood in a heap together.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written October 14, 2010

My room at Afonso Guest House

D’Mellos Sea View Home, Candolim

In Candolim I decided to go to Dona Florina Guesthouse. I walked a narrow foot path for 5 - 10 minutes until I found the house. I had not met any people along the way and at the guesthouse I couldn’t see anyone either. It was closed. I walked back and stopped at D’Mello’s Sea View Home and luckily it was open, at least they had a few rooms open. No rooms with sea view were open in the monsoon season. That building was closed and big tarpaulins covered the windows and balconies.

I was the only guest at the hotel and I got a clean room with bathroom for Rs 450 (June 2010). The room had a fan, mosquito net, a cupboard, two tables and a balcony with two chairs and a table. In the bathroom there was soap, towels and toilet paper. As there were no open restaurant nearby I bought a few things for the evening at a supermarket I passed during the day and ate on the balcony.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written October 12, 2010

My room at D'Mellos

Lamuella, Arambol

I visited Arambol during low season when most accommodations were closed. I was lucky that the first place I went to, Lamuella, was open. I got a room with bathroom for Rs 150 a night (June 2010). There was a fan and a mosquito net in the room and there was a towel and toilet paper for the bathroom. It was a very good room for the price, but when the rain poured down water was dripping through the roof, and it was far from soundproof between the rooms.

By the reception there is a boutique selling clothes and jewellery. And at Lamella’s there is also a Healing Centre (at least during high season). In the restaurant they serve fresh food and there I had the best fruit juice I have ever had, papaya and lemon juice with no sugar and no water added. The background music played was mostly good.

When I visited we were very few customers so it was quiet. But during high season it seems to be a more lively place with cinema nights and live music at some occasions.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 10, 2010

My room at Lamuella

• tintinhaddock76 profile photo tintinhaddock76
  • Reviews: 17

Lazydays-Casa Saipem: Goa's best apartment stay

In March 2010, we stayed with a large group of friends in Casa Saipem - a villa in village Saipem near Calangute in North Goa.
We had a fabolous time and had a great relaxing week all to ourselves and had a different unique experience staying in a house.
The villa is managed by this interent company www.lazydays.co.in and we chose this property for the 4 bedrooms it had along with a working kitchen, large verandah, swimming pool and also 2 cars with drivers to our disposal.
Absolute marvel, great service and good people. Cant wait to go and stay with them again...but it seems they have real jacked up the prices now..
Check their sites for detaisl, put in your requirements and they will revert soon...

Good service
lovely house
good pool
can do activities at our own pace
great house caretaker-Cornelius