Goa Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5060

Lamuella, Arambol

I visited Arambol during low season when most accommodations were closed. I was lucky that the first place I went to, Lamuella, was open. I got a room with bathroom for Rs 150 a night (June 2010). There was a fan and a mosquito net in the room and there was a towel and toilet paper for the bathroom. It was a very good room for the price, but when the rain poured down water was dripping through the roof, and it was far from soundproof between the rooms.

By the reception there is a boutique selling clothes and jewellery. And at Lamella’s there is also a Healing Centre (at least during high season). In the restaurant they serve fresh food and there I had the best fruit juice I have ever had, papaya and lemon juice with no sugar and no water added. The background music played was mostly good.

When I visited we were very few customers so it was quiet. But during high season it seems to be a more lively place with cinema nights and live music at some occasions.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 10, 2010

My room at Lamuella

• tintinhaddock76 profile photo tintinhaddock76
  • Reviews: 17

Lazydays-Casa Saipem: Goa's best apartment stay

In March 2010, we stayed with a large group of friends in Casa Saipem - a villa in village Saipem near Calangute in North Goa.
We had a fabolous time and had a great relaxing week all to ourselves and had a different unique experience staying in a house.
The villa is managed by this interent company www.lazydays.co.in and we chose this property for the 4 bedrooms it had along with a working kitchen, large verandah, swimming pool and also 2 cars with drivers to our disposal.
Absolute marvel, great service and good people. Cant wait to go and stay with them again...but it seems they have real jacked up the prices now..
Check their sites for detaisl, put in your requirements and they will revert soon...

Good service
lovely house
good pool
can do activities at our own pace
great house caretaker-Cornelius
great car and driver - Sanjay

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written August 24, 2010

Nice hotel in Candolim: Silver Sands Holiday Village

Silver Sands Holiday Village in Candolim is a nice place to stay, only 2-300 metres from Candolim Beach. The hotel is at the bottom corner of a busy lane which leads onto the beach. And the area is the one of the best in Goa, surrounded by bars, restaurants, stalls and shops. The rooms are of standard size (see picture). The hotel is well established and many people come year after year.

The price for the room was about 5000 rupies (105 USD) a night. But I was able to bargain the price to 4000 rupies (85 USD) for a little bit longer stay. (Hotels with swimmingpool are expensive in Goa).

Nice swimming pool.

• Written June 6, 2010

Silver Sands Holiday Village

not a paradise: Paradise Village

Paradise Village was fully booked when I asked for rooms. Actually it was the security guard who wouldn't let me in to speak with the reception. He just said it was no rooms available.

• Written June 6, 2010

Paradise Village, Goa

Free from russians: Valentine's Retreat

Valentine's Retreat is a nice budget hotel with swimmingpool. Althought there are many cheap guesthouses in Goa, it's not easy to find a cheap one with swimmingpool. Valentine's Retreat might be the right choice if you got children and if the swimmingpool is important for you. If you bargain, you might get a small room for 2000 INR and a big family room for less than 3000 INR. Valentine's Retreat is located in a quiet backstreet, 10 minutes walk from the beach. There are two buildings, one with small rooms and one with big rooms. The swimmingpool is between the buildings.

There are many british or english speaking guest here. You will not find russian signs in the hotel due to a deliberate act to avoid russions. As the hotel staff said, its due to their attitude.
Sorry about that, I personally have no bad feelings for russian tourist other than they don't speak other languages than russian. More than half of the tourist in Goa are russians.

Valentine's Retreat, Goa

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sunkissed resort: Sunkissed resort

Sunkissed is a large resort with 70 rooms in the middle of Calangute, 8-10 minutes walk from the beach. The garden and a swimmingpool is surrounded by the 4 storey buildings. The pink facade look nice on distance. The rooms are nice, but the bathroom could have been renovated. Price range from 5000-8000 INR, incl. breakfast. The guest are mainly families with children, arabs and middle class Indians.

The brochure and web site shows a gymnasium. Don't stay here if you want to use some training equipments, because it's just a single bench without anything and a table-tennis and (see photo).

Sunkissed resort in Goa

Hotel Casablanca: Hotel Casablanca

I met up personally and asked for rooms availably. They gave me high price to test me first, and lowered their price two times from 7000 Rupies to 4500 Rupies. The hotel rooms and the area was nice, but the bargaining and the attitude of the reception made me find another place to stay.
Quiet location, air-condition rooms, pool.

Hotel Casablanca, Goa

• whereami66 profile photo whereami66
  • Reviews: 3

7-11 Guesthouse: Best Budget bed in Goa India

Perfect place for long term stays, this place is family run, Clean and offers a breakfast menu. Rooms are big and some include kitchen and bathroom. Balconys have hammocks and the white sand beach is only 2min walk from your door.

Located 5min away from calangute surrounded by palm trees, this would suit any travelers needs. Close enough to everything yet still in a local village surroundings. The owners will go out of their way to make you comfortable.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Beaches, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written May 17, 2010

Resort Terra Paraiso: Rip off staff

I checked in here, dumped my things in my room then went to take a look around the town. When I dropped my key at reception the guy behind the desk asked me if I wanted a taxi. I said, 'no' to which he said, 'there's one outside'. I said 'no thank you' to which he said it would take 15 minutes to walk up to the main road. I again declined. I walked up to the main road in a 5 minute stroll. Draw your own conclusion about the guy behind the desk.

When you have to deal with the person who greets you to a hotel giving you crap like this it spoils the whole mood - you only get one chance to make a first impression and the muppet on the desk blew it that day.

• Tobbelkp profile photo Tobbelkp
  • Reviews: 36

Sea Breeze Candolim: Nice hotel with friendly staff

Sea Breeze Candolim is a typical package tour hotel. A cozy spot in hot Goa with a couple of minutes walk down to the beach, good restaurants neary and also a big supermarket 100m away.

The rooms are OK but as a family of 4, we had to use two rooms.

Nice neighborhood with plenty of shops, fruit market, barbershop and everything you need within comfortable distance.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written April 11, 2010

Hotel pool

• illumina profile photo illumina
  • Reviews: 1106

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

High Tide: Beach huts on stilts!

A group of stilted beach huts in a U shape forms the core of this resort, though there are some slightly more luxurious ground-level cottages with ensuite bathrooms as well. The huts (without bathroom) were 300r a night when we were there in early April. The shared bathroom is over near reception, and is fairly basic, but remember how cheap the price is, and the fact that most of the buildings are temporary and are dismantled during the monsoon. You're not paying for luxury here, but you do get a great location!

The restaurant at the resort (in the middle of the U) does good food, or there are plenty of others along the beach. High Tide is situated to the southern end of Palolem, which means it's slightly quieter than those places nearer the main street, but it's still close to plenty of facilities - apart from the restaurants on the beach, there are more local dhabas on the road behind, as well as shops, travel agents, and internet cafes.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 22, 2010

• Kenjer profile photo Kenjer
  • Reviews: 2

Seagull: Great Place

We stayed at the Seagull and have just returned. I was recomended it by a friend and have to say it was spot on. The rooms were excellent and the restaurant too was impressive. Food , service, pricing ,location and cleanliness were all up to the mark. Short walk to beach, shops and markets so it had a good location. The manager Shivji did take a lot of attention to make sure every guest was well taken care of and always warm and obliging.

Have stayed in goa a couple of times but in bigger places which do not compare now in hind sight having experienced the personal touch. I guess smaller places have few guests to look after and so do a better job..

Great location, good food, Great service, friendly staff and clean environment..guess all qualities to make an excellent holiday..

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 9, 2010

• Amar_kirale profile photo Amar_kirale
  • Reviews: 38

MTDC (Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation): Best Hotel in Tarkarli

Best place to stay at Tarkarli is MTDC simply because of its location. Since it is managed by our government don’t expect 5 star service.
But the location itself is so beautiful that it will take your breath away. Its almost on the beach with lots of hammocks for you to ease yourself and relax.
Other than the regular cottages they also have bamboo boat house which is on the beach and boat house which is in the back waters. By the way Tarkali has the only back waters in Maharashtra.
I stayed in the a regular cottage (What they say as a Konkani cottage) for one day and the next day I shifted to bamboo boat house. Its an experience in itself . Beach is clean and water is clear

Overall Tarkarli is good to stay for 2 nights 3days stay. People are good and friendly. Don’t forget to try out authentic Malvani cuisine. I enjoyed Tarkarli very much and strongly recommend it to everyone.
Famous 5 Star tourist Train "Deccan Odyessy" Haults at Kudal( Nearest Railway Station) and gets its tourist to Tarkarli beach to spend a day here. It comes to Tarkarli on every Friday. Arrangements of foreign tourist are made at MTDC Resort

• Related to: Beaches, Skiing and Boarding, Family Travel