Majorda, Salcette, Goa, 403713, India

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Majorda Mess

We went to this hotel back in 2007/8 and it can definitely be said that it was one of the worst holidays of my life. The accommodation, for an alleged five star hotel, was rather disappointing. That however is not a major problem with the hotel. They have an appalling system for 'all inclusive' food. This turned out to be food vouchers on only half of the holiday (bearing in mind this was 2 weeks). They have an indoor pool which was infested with mosquitos buzzing around it because it was so stagnant.

The real cheek lies in the fact that they seem to think they can charge astonishingly high prices for this rubbish. The duty manager was always away whenever we needed him. We had to use the internet facilities, again a rip off, to check emails. When we went into the dinky room it was flooded with employees like it was a cramped break room for them. The majority of the staff can barely speak english. The food and hygiene was terrible, as a witnessed children handling the buffet food and putting it back into the containers for others to eat. This lead to me getting very ill and having a hotel doctor to be called. he put me on 7, yes 7 pills a day. After 2 days nothing was happening so I stopped taking them and what do you know I'm recovering. Again this demonstrates the shear incompetence and lack of knowledge the staff. When you are on the hotel beach you are harassed by beggars. But don't worry, they have employed armed guards to patrol around the hotel beach area. I had dogs come up to me looking for food, God knows if they had rabies. No air conditioning anywhere meant 24 hour heat waves. Then when I finally enquired about all of this I find that the hotel is scheduled to close down in 2 years. Well now all these problems make sense.

Sorry if I have discouraged you from visiting this 'hotel' but in all honesty it is a complete waste of time and money.

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo

On a wonderful quiet beach

A lovely place on a wonderful quiet and clean beach

Unique Quality: nice beach , with good beach shacks and good restaurants close by

Directions: It is 15
    minutes from Dabolim International Airport and
    10 minutes from Margao Konkan Railway Station

• lust4adventure's Profile Photo

Goa's Secret

Stay was pleasant.

Unique Quality: Breakfast was great with both indian and continental menu options. It's a family hotel, with 1 indoor and 2 outdoor pools (incl. a mini pool) with private beach. It's got a very Spanish, Mediterranean feel to it, with spacious rooms with a balcony with view of the ocean. They even had a mini casino and drinks were reasonably priced. The seafood restaurant by the beach was great.

• flyingzucchini's Profile Photo

Great location on the southern coast of Goa

This place was a great find. After arriving in mumbai week before monsoon on business, we wanted an easy no hassle place to come to for 3 days. Flying down was no fuss, and we took a local taxi to this hotel which is on the south coast, around 25mins from the airport (convenient for our early departure last sunday) we booked it through a delhi based agent. The resort is set in a spectacular location, on the beach with great gardens. The rooms are OK - we booked a triple, which was too small to fit people in the room, so only do a twin share, or book 2 rooms. We got a great deal as it was wet season. The service. What can I say? You're in India right? So dont expect too much. This place was genuinely lousy. Food was OK, some (food) service effort was really good, but front office was truly crap & disorganised. Also good was the proximity to other places (5mins to martins corner restaurant), and infinitely better than Baga.

Unique Quality: great setting, nice beach - stunning garden setting. Quiet.

More about Majorda Beach Resort

Goa : Eat outs & Beaches

by Avijayan

suggest you stay for a week in North Goa(Candolim/Baga stretch) and a week in South Goa(Varca/Betalbatim), here are some places i would suggest, which offer good deals and comfortable rooms and facilities - tariff around $50/ to $60 a night for bed & breakfast :

North Goa :
Casa Blanca
Estrela Do Mar
Cavalla

South Goa :
Coconut Grove
Martins Comfort(great rooms/contemporary decor) - part of the Goan institution "Martins Corner"
Varca Palm Beach Resort
Dona Sylvia(slightly expensive at $100 a night, but great facilities and food)
Majorda Beach resort( 5 star property @$125 a night, great buffer breakfast)

Places to eat :

North Goa : Souza Lobo, Britto's, St.Anthony's Cafe and the whole lot of beach shacks

South Goa : Martins Corner, Fisherman's Warf(opposite Dona Sylvia), Zeebop Shack(beside Royal Orchid Hotel)

Clubs :

North Goa : Tito's & Mambo's - next to each other, Club Cubbana, Club Paradiso

Generally most of the eat outs mentioned above have live band performance on friday's & saturday evenings, retro songs & goan song's, you can also use the dance area.

Must visit beaches/places :

Park yourself at a resort and visit these beaches hiring a bike($5 a day)

North Goa : Morjim, Anjuna, Chappora Fort, Arambol(infamous for russian's & israeli drug scene), Baga Beach, Mapusa(local goan shopping)

South Goa : Betalbatim beach, Palolem Beach(one of the best beaches in Goa, quite & scenic), Agonda Beach, Cola Beach, Patnem Beach

Have a great trip, enjoy the sea sand fenny/booze and people

Very Good Resort

by TripAdvisor Member wilkieandwife

We went to this resort at the last minute because of very sub standard accomodation supplied to us by RCI. This resort, however was very good. Right on the beach with half a dozen shacks to choose from, it is in a superb location. The food if you ate there was good, more expensive than the local restaurants, but still worth the money. £95 a night per couple including breakfast was the going rate. Good clean pool for those who don't want the beach. Free towels provided. Waiter service around the pool. Would go back again..

friendly staff good food

by TripAdvisor Member fetus

after reading some of the reviews for this hotel i concerned as to what we would find. But i could not fault the hotel or staff, they where extemely helpful. the room was lovely and clean. the food especially at seashells eas fantastic. The only gripe i have about our stay is that both the "fish market" and "culture" night are a little expensive for what you get. Other than that i wouldn't hesitate in returning.

I didn't like

by TripAdvisor Member traveller66-TA

Some of the staff were friendly, but some of them behaved really badly. I wouln't go there again. Bad expirience.
Our room was dark and small at first. There were only two hangers to clothes and it wasn't like in treir pictures. When I complained about the room I got really noisy room.
Everything is expensive there.For example I prepayd 1 hour internet and I get only half an hour and in the room was big coachroach. Internet coasts 250 rupies. In 100 metres from hotel it is 40 rupies per hour and they charge only the time You use.Other coachroachers I didn't see there.
Food in the buffet was good (535 rupies), but if You order from roomservice You never know what You get and what is the price.
Don't put expensive clothes to washing service. They may rule them.
Cleaning was bad there. For example they didn't clean the floors from everybody. It take about four days when they first time clean the floor of my room. Until then I walked with shoes.
I share these experience with other finns too. They thought about cleaning, food, washing service and prices the same than I.One old couple ordered from roomservice once. They get 3000 rupies bill for food ...
Nice thing there was the garden and indians know how to decorate too...

Paradise found

by TripAdvisor Member BigBoyJohn

How to begin ??? arriving at this wonderful resort/hotel was a pleasant suprise as we were the last couple on the bus which incedently was the worst thing about this holiday (Take a Taxi from Airport its cheap and comfortable after long flight) and after seeing some hotels uugghh. Check in was simple the bell-boys grabbed your case's as soon as the bus stopped and we never saw themmagain until we arrived at our room, qwe were offerd a seat and a cool drink and the warm face towel was so refreshing and welcome. The room was spacious and cool (A/C0 with two kingsize but rock hard beds the TV showed a good selection of English programmes + radio channels you also got a free locla newspaer delivered to the room by 07.30 everyday.
We only stayed B&B the breakfast was good * plentiful. We preffered to eat at the Beach where you will find many shacks we chose Alberts Place offering a wide range of food including English Chinese Goan and Tandoori its so cheap and the range of FRESH seafood is out of this world if you ask for seafood it is brought before you so that you can choose your fish or Prawns, Lobster or Crab. Also take advantage of the many beach sellers where you can pick up gifts at rock bottom prices and Goa is full of genuine fakes i.e gucci, Hugo Boss, Prada ect,ect. Also get yourself some tailor made clothes very cheap I purchased A kashmir/ silk suit with 2 pairs of trousers + 4 cotton shirts all tailor made for less than £250.00
The shacks also control the sunbeds which are free of charge and the shack-boys are very attentive. The downside to this Holiday is that you have to harden your heart to tthe corruption & poverty in Goa and India as a whole.

good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Vithabai

i am quite surprised at the reviews as v just visited the hotel last week and found it very good. v go to goa almost every year and love to visit different hotels each time. this time v tried the majorda n really enjoyed our stay.
the beach is very clean and quite. v were not disturbed by the hawkers and would sit for hours on the beach enjoying the sun.
the rooms were the best. v got a free upgrade to the suite and were really happy with our rooms. they are spacious and roomy with huge balconies and a great sit out. the bathroom looked a bit outdated though. the rooms were well cleant and fresh.
the only problem was the food. though the breakfast was very good i cannt say the same thing for the dinner. there was not much choice and i did not like the taste of the food too much. its preferable to eat at the shacks as mentioned by most of the other reviewers. avoid the all inclusive package.
the hotel had good activities. and i would say that my holiday at majorda was time and money well spent

North Goa ..any recommendations for Hotels ?

by jaggers

Hi,

We are looking to make our 2nd trip to Goa in March and would appreciate any help we can get on where to stay in the North of Goa. I hear Calangute is the place to go but we would rather stay away from the crowds. The last time we stayed at the Majorda Beach Resort; it was fantastic.

Any recommendations ..maybe something close to the beach .

RE: North Goa ..any recommendations for Hotels ?

by vegiehead

I would reccomend that you avoid calangute if you want to stay away from the crowds as it can be quite manic at times,especially around calangute steps.If you want to go somewhere in north goa where it is less crowded then maybe candolim is an idea but the north is totally different from the south.

RE: RE: North Goa ..any recommendations for Hotels ?

by BluBluBlu

Baga or Candolim would be a better choice than Calangute...but compared to the south they will seem very busy too!

At least from say Baga you can taxi up to a quiet beach like Morjim...

Enjoy!

RE: North Goa ..any recommendations for Hotels ?

by silversands

Yes Morgim is a quiet beach as Blublublu has stated. Morgim does not have any hotels only privately owned villas. You can try www.whisperingpalmsgoa.com at Morgim Beach. Its a private villa and close to the beach.

• Dec 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Majorda Beach Resort I find is good hotel in Goa to stay. I find that it is value for money in GOA. Pervious night I stayed in another hotel who is charging more than Majorda Beach Resort but not giving any services like it. I booked through a online site called www.Mydeals247.com , which is a good site to book hotels, it helped me to find a best hotel with cheep n affordable price.