Naikawaddo, Bardez, Goa, 403 516, India

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 49% less but rated 25% lower than other 4 star hotels

• badgerlad's Profile Photo

Great location

The Nizmar is in a great location in Calangute.

Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

If you need a taxi, walk out the back gate thru the Oriental gardens and ask for Rock.

He was our 'tour guide' for 2 weeks, he knows the quiet beaches and won't rip you off.

I would recommend The Nizmar to anyone.

• friendly place

We arrived at nizmar and were pretty much shown to our rooms straight away which was good.we had a superior room which had a large lounge area,large bedroom,a mini kitchen area with fridge(fully stocked up with water , beer,and breezers)sat tv etc.very comfortable.the kids had a twin room which was similar but didnt have a kitchen area and wasnt quite as big , but it was big enough.both had 2 balconies.breakfast was tea,coffee,toast & preserves,but if you wanted eggs , bacon etc you could(it wasnt much).we only ate in the hotel once ,it was ok but such was the high standard of food at different eateries outside thats where we went.We would recommend this hotel its comfortable & in a good location.

Unique Quality: all staff from reception,the bar & cleaners cant do enough for you,very friendly,helpful people.

• Fabulous hotel!

Although this is the only place I've stayed at in Goa - I can highly reccomend this friendly excellent hotel. The food at the pool bar and also the top floor chinese is excellent - with the former being some of the nicest food we had. The samosas at the bar were simply amazing. The events and live music like carnival night were good also and the hotel is conveniently placed.

There is a Mexican restaurant on site and pretty much all the facilities you need making this a really great place to stay.

Unique Quality: Rooms are spacious, clean and functional and the fridge is always full of cold drinks. Pool and facilities are excellent - but probably the best thing is the friendliness of the staff.

More about Nizmar Resort

We had great food at Baga Beach

by alexfenton about INDIAN

There are loads of restaurants in Goa - we went for a nice chinese at the Nizmar - a fabulous Italian at Little Italy and several Indian and other types of meals. The best Indian food I ate in Goa however came from the Nizmar resort or the excellent beach shacks on Baga Beach. The one (pictured)that sticks in my mind is one that plays constant UB40 and has big screens. This was a really friendly place and we thought the food was excellent and great value. I had aloo gobi - but I think all the food from toasted sandwiches etc. was amazing.

carnival night at the Nizmarcarnival night at the Nizmar

by Stuartj

My wife and I both 60 years old have booked to come to Goa this November we will be close to Calangute I believe and would like advice on what to see without to much travelling.
W are active and had a great holiday in Sri Lanka last October is Goa similar

Re: Nizmar Resort

by jellsey

Hello....just back from my first trip to Goa....what struck me in particular was that vast amounts of other visitors in the North of Goa were pre & retirement age Brits, and noted how couples soon grew into large merry, singing groups having a blast, so I reckon it's perfect for you both!!

As said earlier everything is in easy reach and there are loads to do on offer.....jungle trips, waterfalls, quiet beaches, Old Goa & churches, Temples, Anjuna day market and the great saturday night market Arpora .....its finding the time to fit it all in!!!

Sure you will love it!!

RE: RE: Nizmar Resort

by Stuartj

Thanks for the advice and prompt answer I am looking forward to our visit and have you any reports on the nizmar as it looks ok on the webb
Regards