Arossim Beach, Cansaulim, Goa, 403712, India

Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa
Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

A Real Resort Experience!

This is certainly amongst the best splurge hotels of Goa! Everything you expect from a five star luxury hotel. Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa is an award-winning 5-star hotel nestled along the pristine Arossim Beach, just 15 minutes from Dabolim Airport. Set within 45 acres of landscaped gardens with glimmering waterways and lagoons, this luxurious resort in Goa combines elegance with distinctive regional character.

The rooms are very well decorated and well furnished ready with tea coffee, satellite tv, Free WiFi in room , iron stand, bath tub and what not? The hotel has several swimming pools, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Private beach and so on.

To know and enjoy the place, one need to explore this place!

• HarshModi's Profile Photo

Park Hyatt Goa - Rotten hotel

Don't stay here, go to a TAJ property. After this we stayed at a Taj hotel after this and we had a great experience.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I have experienced several classes and geographies of hotels and the staff even in no-frills hostels is not as rude. They would refuse to service even the smallest requests.

Staff were as rude as to refuse buggy rides to the senior 70+ aged members of the family.

NO is the favorite word of most of the staff, and they would constantly deflect any question to some other department or staff. 70% of our time was spent trying to manage the problems around the staff and the hotel.

We had organised a trip of 80+ people of our family with bookings of 35+ rooms, banquet bookings, with F & B. One would think that the hotel would make an additional effort to delight so many customers. Instead it was as if they had made it a point to EXPLOIT US without any attitude towards justifying the customers' faith in you.

Even though it was clearly specified in our emails to reserve a block of rooms for us, they allotted us rooms all over the hotel. That completely ruined our experience. Up to the very last hour, they refused to give the room allotment so that we could oversee that.

There were several problems in the rooms, like the flush not working, etc and they took half the day to fix the problems, with absolutely no apology from their side.

The chairs at their beach-side was never enough and they never even tried to address our request.

The food was like that cooked by a local halwai in any small town in India. It was oily and quite sub-standard. There was as if no desire to do a good job. Very very casual attitude.

Even after raising issues several times, at the time of check out, they took an hour on average to get the luggage out. For one family, I had to shout and fight with the concierge and refuse to get off their cart to help them reach the airport in time.

The entire hotel had only 3 buggy drivers during the evening even though the entire hotel was full and we had booked so many parties.

As consolation we singled out few people of the hotel - Sunit, Dhruwa, Shirish, Arun, Srini. Arun and Srini made an effort to improve our experience.

Unique Quality: NO is their favorite word.
    No commitment to service.
    Casual attitude.
    Completely unaccountable staff.

• XKuger's Profile Photo

A Fantastic Hotel in South Goa

The Park Hyatt is a world class hotel that is located in a beautifully manicured property in South Goa. I stayed there for 3 nights 4 days i.e. Nov 5th till the Nov 8th 2008.

The very well kept property with immacluate rooms and impeccable service. An exellent selection of India, Goan and Indian cusine on the property with a cafe service pastries, cakes and quick eats.

A wonderful pool and a very well kept beach area that is fairly private with well kept gardent that provides a walkway to waters of the arabian sea. There is also a golfcard service if you are walking handicapped.

Unique Quality: The most unique qualities are the pools and the beach privacy. The abundant availability of beach chairs and wondefully well kep property with attention to detail.

The beachside service on drinks is slow however it does exist.

• dd99's Profile Photo

Good and almost Great

Very nice place to stay - counts as an amazing hotel in some respects, falls short in others.
    1. The location is good. Miles of open grassy gardens, very well tended. beatuful pool, nice beach (bit of a walk from the hotel, though).
    2. We had a basic room - which was a bit small. A MAJOR design flaw (in my opinion) is that the doors between the bathroom and the room - and the toilet and the room - are slatted wooden doors. That means if you run a bath - or if you're in the toilet.... you can hear it all in the room.
    3. The sunken walk-in bath is huge - and very nice. Only problem is that it takes an hour to fill, so bear that in mind..
    4. Service was very good - smiles all around, staff quite often volunteering to lend a hand.

Unique Quality: The breakfast ranks amongst the best I have had at any hotel. Not a huge selection, but everything you need - plus the bakery is right behind one of the counters (behind glass doors) and you can see everything that's going on...
    Being a bit isolated, you need a car if you're going to eat outside. If you do choose to eat inside, you have a choice of several restaurants - the food is quite good, outrageously expensive by Indian standards but reasonable if you compare it to europe... meal for two would come to about ~ $ 60 or so. You will probably end up eating here just out of convenience.
    There is a great kid's club- with lots of books, toys, activities, playstations... and staff on hand to help. There is also a private cinema - did not have the time to try it, though.

• ecoquester's Profile Photo

Magnificent grounds very well kept.

The rooms with balconies overlooking sedate dams and green lawns are really nice and well appointed, huge bathrooms with massif bath, and showers as big as dustbin lids on the ceiling, however the door arrangements are a complete pain open anything and you have no room to swing a cat, although well furnished perhaps just a little too crammed.
    A splendid array of restaurants serving good but could be much better food.
    and bar staff that seem to feel it is compulsory to leave your drinks on the counter to get warm before bringing them to you.
    Great beach front with lots of water sports available and a couple of real good beach bars with better than hotel food and prices just a 300 mtr walk away.

Unique Quality: Claims to have the largest swimming pool in the world, it is quite spectacular with it's water slides and jacuzzi all built in, bar area's and quiet nooks,
    Lots of water and fountains make this place just a little "special"

Directions: Take the airpot road and then turn left to Cansaulim, go straight for 12.5km then turn right at the traffic circle about 1 km on the right.
    The signposting for this resort is to say the least disgusting...

More about Park Hyatt Goa Resort And Spa

Nothing like Park Hyatt, Goa!

by TripAdvisor Member Traveller48

Me and my wife stayed at Park Hyatt, Goa for two nights in the first week of June. We had an absolutely amazing time there. While Goa was great in rains, Park Hyatt made our stay all the more special. To begin with, the room ( Park Twin) was lovely, and not at all cramped as mentioned in some reviews. The room had a lovely verandah, with a very pleasant view. The Bathroom was excellent with the sunken tub and the rain shower, and whilst I forget, the excellent Forest Essentials spa products. The bar was always well stocked.

The service was very good. We never had any problem at all. The housekeeping guys kept the room really nice all the time, and were unobtrisive, to say the least.

The whole property looked very pretty in the rains, with greenery all around. It was a pleasure to have those walks in the beautifully landscaped gardens overlooking the sea. The pool was great too, especially the whirlpool.

Food at Park Hyatt, although very costly, was delicious, to say the least. There were very few eating options around, atleast at this time of the year. We also ate at Martin's Corner, which serves excellent non vegeterian stuff, vegeterian isn't so great, actually. We also ate at Radissons,about 15 kms. from Hyatt-we didn't like the food there, even the resort at first glance didn't appeal to us.

For moving around in Goa, we hired a bike, which was great fun. The bike cost us Rs. 250 per day, with petrol charges extra and borne by us.

If you go to Panjim, don't forget to visit Dilli Darbar, for some great Indian food. Its on M.G. Road, and is delicious.

The beaches in South Goa are far better than the ones in North. The Park Hyatt beach (Arossim) is great, and so is Utorda (where Kenilworth is), and Varca (Radisson, Club Mahindra).

All said and done, Park Hyatt was an amazing experience, and we can't wait to go back there again.

Great with kids!

by TripAdvisor Member ajmita

My family and I just got back from a super relaxing three night stay at the Park Hyatt Goa. This is our third stay in 4 years at this hotel and I would highly recommend it. The service is very good throughout this resort; the staff goes out of their way to please.

I read some earlier complaints about the buffet food. I found that during our four day stay I did not find it too repetitive and I thought that the food was quite good. I especially liked the concept of the kids menu; it certainly kept my children well fed.

And thanks the Camp Hyatt, my kids (ages 6 & 10) were well entertained as well. They really enjoyed the activites planned for them and it helped pass one very rainy afternoon. The women who work there are super nice and the kids adored them. There was a young man who also worked in Camp Hyatt who organised pool games for the whole gang of children at the resort and did a great job with them.

The hotel property is gorgeous. it's a pleasure to walk down the many paths through huge gardens. The pool is on different levels and is a blast for kids and adults.

Overall I would highly recommend this property.

Wow! The Park Hyatt Resort & Spa Goa redefines hospitality...

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying the luxurious Park Hyatt Resort and Spa in Goa for 7nights recently. I was terribly worried about what to expect after reading some truly awful reviews before we departed. Thankfully, I have a friend working in Bangalore who has stayed at the PH twice and assured me I would love it.

From the moment we arrived until our (sad) departure we were in awe of the beautifully designed hotel, attentive service, our fabulous large room with a more than substantial furnished balcony overlooking a meandering lagoon with fountain, friendly (but not gushingly so)staff, the excellent food, the quiet and well maintained beach, gigantic pool... I could go on but I have limited space!

My partner and I were taken aback by the 'WOW' factor several times for example; room service (I only ordered a burger) was provided by a lovely porter who insisted on laying our balcony table (table cloth, rose in a vase, napkins, cutlery, candle); My own toiletries were arranged in the luxurious bathroom every day in order of size by the cleaners (bless!). I could provide more but once again space is an issue!

I would recommend this resort for anyone wanting a pampered, quiet stay in Goa - If you looking for beach raves and bustling nightlife this is NOT the place for you.

Although the resort was some-what removed from many of the 'tourist' spots (check your map!) it was easy and cheap to organise a taxi for the day for about £15-20 (you could get cheaper rates using a private firm but I wouldn't risk it, as road safety is slightly dubious in Goa!).

Basically this is a top quality, 5*+++++ hotel that ranks highest in my view to any other I've stayed at (my partner begrudgingly admitted it was even better the Le Sport in St Lucia, which has luxury dripping off it!!!).

What more can I say? For a start, I think the negative reviews were either written by very sad people with nothing better to do or other local competitive hotels! The rest of the world has a lot of catching up to do - the Park Hyatt Resort & Spa Goa redefines hospitality - I can't wait to go back next year!!!

PS - If your going to stay at the Park Hyatt soon please say 'hi' to Alex at Dunes restaurant from Nikki and Ian (the sunset watchers)and wish him all the best on his travels to Dubai :o)

Now we're talking!!!

by TripAdvisor Member HJDASW

The Hyatt in Goa knows their job. The attention to detail and the staff attitude is fantastic. I accept this is a slightly expensive hotel (when compared to the Leela / Intercon) but the old adage holds true- "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" but at the Hyatt you get MORE than what you pay for.

If you want a truly relaxing break in SOuth Goa dont think twice, just stay at the Hyatt

-Harshad Daswani
Mumbai INDIA

Deceptively pretty hotel provides astonishingly poor service

by TripAdvisor Member Mine_Oyster

The Park Hyatt is deceptively likeable. I checked in Wed. night and checked out Thurs. morning since I had work on Thurs in Goa. The property looked exquisite, food was good and my upgraded suite was spectacular. Wonderful, I thought. I'll fly back in to Goa and spend the weekend here.

Arrived Sat mid-morning with a few hundred other people attending an on-premises wedding. They put me up in a ground floor room right next to the lobby with half the wedding party milling just outside my patio, chattering in raised voices. It was simply unbearable. I called once and asked for a room change. Sorry, they said. Called again. Said they would call back in an hour. One and a half hour later I walked back to check-in. Sorry. Packed my bags and took it to the lobby and said, "Look, I'm moving. Either to another room or another hotel. It's your choice." Lo and behold a room appeared.

Before glee set in I quickly realized that the AC in my new room was only minimially functional. Four visits by the maintenance man followed, to no avail. Finally, they said they would fix it next day. So far I spent a healthy sum of money for one night at the Park Hyatt and was richly repaid in aggravation, frustration and despair.

Unfortunately, it did not end there. Housekeeping didn't bother to clean the room all morning while I was at the beach. Called to request housekeeping to clean the room while I went to lunch. No luck. As I sit and type this many hours later, towels remain heaped on the floor and bedspreads lie crumpled by the foot of the bed.

The Park Hyatt is rich on "Certainly, Sir", "Most definitely, Sir" "Yes, Sir". And equally rich in utter incompetence and inability to provide even a basic level of service.

If you have a night and three waking hours to spend here, by all means. If this is your much-looked forward to vacation, think twice before you take the plunge. In remote isolation, the Park Hyatt is not easy to ditch mid-stay. There are a plethora of 5-star hotel, none of which I have stayed at, but I simply can't imagine how it could be worse than this. $10 guesthouses in South East Asia provide superior service.

Before you decide to commit $200+ a night for several nights, do your homework.

Holiday Oasis

We stayed at this hotel 4th -18th April 2006
Having read several negative reports on this hotel before travelling I was more than a little apprehensive. I am not sure what some people expect and would love to see how they live at home!
The hotel complex was magnificent. The grounds immaculate and the service was outstanding.
The pool areas are large and wonderfully landscaped a very pleasant way to spend the day, there was always someone on hand to move the parasol a fraction so you remained comfortable in the heat of the day!
A leisurely stroll through the grounds to Dunes bar at the edge of the sandy beach watching the sun go down was the end to a perfect day.
Our evenings were spent under the stars enjoying a varied menu from one of several speciality restaurants.
Tipping is the norm in India and a small token of appreciation for the service received is not too much to ask ...is it?
The Park Hyatt certainly know how to treat guests and I would not hesitate to recommed this hotel to anyone travelling to Goa.

Bike it... you'll love it

by ecoquester

"If you can stand the dirt: part 2"

Down the road a way "Thumper" starts having a chug cough and splutter as the throttle is opened, I have a map but none the less no idea exactly where I was "the Ghats" everyone tells me like I should be wearing a sign saying "I'm real dumb please pacify me" Can't blame them for that how would they know this white oak had never been outside of Mumbai.
The road now giving the bikers dream ride good surface, no traffic, and winding like a cork screw up hill, too windy for any real speed because I know what can happen to this road surface in a flat 50 meters and I'm not to go any more than 50 Kph, throw her on her side and feel it suck up the surface giving that confidence signal that says "give it a fistful Dan" she wants to play, doing only 40 Kph she knocks like crazy (ping) when I open the gas, "drop it Dan" that little guy that lives on your shoulder tells me, so I go down the box to third.
Immediately my conscious mind telling me "too much revs" she still knocks like a nutter,
back off the fist and let her ride at NON KNOCK pace.
Half way I guess from what I can see to the top of the hill and the road is getting steeper my 500 cc power band is less than a 75 cc hair dryer and I'm down to 2nd struggling to hold 25 Kph, I pull off the road and retard the ignition as far as it will go, still the knock is there, more power and less knock but it is still there and the motor is hot, all the danger signs you don't want on a new bike.
I pull off the road again and "that's it" I tell myself, the electronic ignition I had fitted a couple of days before leaving has to come out. Fortunately the workshop that fitted it told me to carry the CB plate with me "just in case" so with a short stick snipped from the tree I had stopped under I re-fitted and timed the CB points and was on the road again, another 15 minute stop.
Helmet back on and around the bend comes another Enfield, he pulls the machine to a standstill alongside and asks "need some help" I notice he has a Batman emblem on his tank and acknowledge him "Thanks for stopping, but everything is OK" he nods, his pillion smiles and away they go.
Whoever you are "Batman" God bless you and all you are, you gave me confidence in a moment of concern.
A lesson learnt, don't fix what aint broke... If Enfield want electronics they will modify the things themselves leave your machine standard.
I get on the road and boy have we got STUFF, 500 cc that shortens straights and straightens bends and that uphill was now feeling like a downhill, 4th and pa pa pa pa
at 50 Kph we sing through the rest of the hill, beep beep and a wave as I pass "batman and pillion" I do hope he didn't think I was showing off, just trying to recover the time the slow drive and points change had taken up.

"If you can stand the dirt: part 3"

Over the hill and down the other side me and the bike as happy as can be, down on her side and hugging the road we whistle into a bend only to find the whole road consumed by two busses having it out in the middle of the road on a blind bend SH** Down the gear box, touch the brake, back end gets a bit out of shape, a bus driver that should be shot for overtaking on a solid white line let alone a bend has at least the knowledge to see I have nowhere to go and pulls his bus into the dirt on the wrong side of the road, a reactive fistful of gas to snatch her out of the snake and the bike seems to suck it's stomach in as we slip through the gap between the two busses.
Now driving with much more caution (you see, in the UK or South Africa you would never encounter such poor road behaviour) I'm not sure now who's vibrating the most me or the bike and I wonder as I ride along, how many people met the front of his vehicle before he learnt to get out the way instead of just stopping flat in the path of an oncoming?
Thank Heaven for small mercies.
"Batman and pillion pass me just after the road straightens out and that's the last I see of them.
17.5 hours after leaving the Grand Hyatt Mumbai, I pull into the Park Hyatt Goa, My wife in tears because she had taken a flight to meet me there and I had promised to call and let her know periodically where I was and how I was doing, you see, I had given up riding bike's long before I met her and she had no idea I had ever ridden a bike until I asked for the Enfield, The Orange network doesn't roam without prior arrangement and 49 rupee's per month addition charge, so calling was not possible, finding a phone when I wasn't sure I could even find Goa was out of the question.
Saddle sore and aching like I had been in a bundle with a Trojan Army, I suck down 3 beers so quick the cans collapse, and climb into a hot shower feeling and looking like I need to walk backwards for a week to catch up with my eyes.
Do it again... sure I would, fancy a ride..
Km reading 1631.8