Sun Village

Pride Sun Village Resort and Spa
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 58% less but rated 24% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Not so sunny during off-season

The service available was lack lustre. Gives you the feeling that the whole place is understaffed to cut costs during off season.

I agree on the 2* rating on the whole.

Pros:
    a. They have all the facilities

Cons:
    a. Service was generally poor. They were touchy about changing their routines (not budging to any adjustments)
    b. The rooms were not well maintained
    1. The shower was not working
    2. Room service was inefficient (could not comprehend if you spoke in English)
    3. Heaters were on solar perhaps the reason why there was no hot water in the morning
    4. Room cleaning is seemingly on-demand
    c. The main swimming pool was not available all through our stay (3 days). Either it is half-filled or the life guard's service is not available outside 8:30 am to 07:00 pm window.
    d. I was not even aware about the facilities or the floor managers are not really interested in communicating about the facilities. (Well! You gotta talk to the guests at least!)
    e. It does not have a beach exposure. (If you are going to Goa get a resort shack on anything with a beach exposure). It seems to be a huge shortcoming to me once I have gone through it(knew about it earlier though).
    f. Our group's privacy was not protected. We constantly had to ward off outsiders who wanted to crash our party.

Unique Quality: 1. Multiple restaurants
    2. Multiple pools
    3. Health club
    4. Pool table
    5. Multiple bars

Many of them not usable...

• Not the best place to stay...

We go to Goa all the time but a few years ago after traveling around India for 2 weeks we decided to stay in the Sun Village Hotel for the rest of our months holiday. I thought was going to be luxury .....well the room was fine the pool was fine the food was ok but only ate in the hotel once....but my god was it boring, it was like a hotel in any part of the world...no excitment like the other places in Goa so we won't be staying there again....When i am in India I like to feel like I am in India and not just in a hotel with no atomsphere.... So its appartment watching the locals bashing their washing on a stone for us nowdays.....
    We love the place and have been going for many years ......But no more Sun Village for us....

Directions: Apora.... Need a taxi to get to Baga...

• Not what could be expected

After reading all the reviews in VT this hotel was my first choice.
    I called the hotel to get some information about it and... when I arrived there it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. This is by no means a 4 star hotel for european standards. I was really disappointed, rooms were average, actually rooms of some other guest houses (not even hotels) I've been to in India were way better.
    On the phone I was told that the hotel was 1.5km from the beach when it's actually 5km, around the hotel there's nothing, just forest, so I wouldn't considered it really Baga.
    After checking the hotel, I cancelled my reservation and took a taxi to Baga, which is really a town with shops, restaurants and night life. Hotels are worse (2-3 stars, my room was nice, though no room service) but everything is in walking distance.

• sgm229's Profile Photo

Second trip

Once again we really enjoyed ourselves. Hotel was really clean, Staff extremely helpful but as before, the daily food left a lot to be desired. The A La Carte was excellent as always and also the Barbecue held in the open air restaurant on the Hill.
    Daily meals where taken at Mo-Jo's. An english style Bar just down the road from Sun Village.
    Hope to go to Goa again, but will stay in Bed & Breakfast as All-Inclusive is not that good here. The Bar closes for free drinks at 11pm and then you have to pay and there is no snack service at all after the evening meal.

Looking at Cuba for next year - 24 hrs All Inclusive and snacks.

• sgm229's Profile Photo

Extremely Good Hotel

We went to Sun Village about two years ago and nothing was too much trouble. The Star rating differs in India but they try to attain the 3 - 4*.

We went all inclusive and found it to be vakue for money. If you want to travel around a lot then go somewhere else and go self catering as that is not an option.

We are going again tomorrow (6 Nov 06) and are really looking forward to it. All Inclusive once again as it's not only the food & drink that you get free but also the laundry facilities and many other things people don't mention.

Will tell you how it goes this time when I return on the 22 Nov.

Can't wait.

• bpwillet's Profile Photo

One of the best in Baga

This was a great place to stay. I was able to stay here with a private booking through my membership with RCI (www.rci.com). The staff here was exceptional and very helpful. We had no problem asking questions and feeling completely welcome. The hotel is clean and offers a lot to the package tourist. I am unsure exactly what goes on in the hotel as we were rarely there but to sleep and get breakfast in the mornings. However, you shouldn't miss the wellness spa that is on the upper terrace of the property. It is amazing! Well worth the time and money for a spa treatment. If you are here for a while and plan to hang out by the pool this is perfect. If you are planning to venture away from the hotels it is in a prime location for Baga beach (1/2km away), there are private taxi hire and moped/motor bike hire just near the grounds. You can also do a bit of last minute shopping before leaving the hotel at the attached shops.

Unique Quality: The staff is outstanding. You are given bottled water in your room and it is filled any time you need it. Laundry service is quick and we had no complications. The breakfast is a buffet with a few items known especially to Brits and then there are the few Indian breakfast items. They are good but it is hard to eat that every morning. Thivim railway station is the closest if you are using the Konkan Railway from Mumbai or other cities in India. They will pick you up from the station if you pre-arrange it with them.

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo

Not bad for the area

This is a pretty good hotel...as long as you avoid the all inclusive package. Quiet location but very close to one of the Saturday night markets. Built into a hillside it has tremendous views over the local paddy fields.

Directions: A mile inland from Baga.

• Not the sunniest village

We stayed here in October this year and were pretty disappointed. We expected 4* and got 2*. Clean and basic accommodation, thin, hard mattress and elderly furniture. Fridge - hardly working, well frosted up, not too clean inside. Sink in living area leaked, shower did not work more than a trickle so we used a bucket and jug to wash with. Lots of stairs and no lifts. Food was poor (well we only did breakfast which we managed toast and marmalade. tea and coffee ready made-luke warm and weak in big urns, powdered juice (not fresh) ) Staff few and far between so little service. Would not go back, prefer smaller place or even self catering to take advantage of all the superb places to eat in Goa. I dont mind basic, but not when I have paid 4* price.Gym small and un-manned. There were no free taxis to the beach that we were aware of.

Unique Quality: Pools nice and clean. Top pool is small but lovely surroundings.

Directions: a longish walk to Baga beach

• MicB's Profile Photo

Where nothing is too much trouble

I have stayed here for the past 3 years. over Christmas and New Year.

Sun Village is an 'all-inclusive' hotel which is great, but not really necessary in Goa and it is rather a shame that they do not offer bed and breakfast as an option.

That said we like Sun Village so much, and all of the staff, that we have just booked again!

Unique Quality: The staff are friendly and always eager to help. They work tirelessly to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable.

Oma welcomes you in the morning with a handshake and good morning. The pool is kept to a very high standard of cleanliness.

Even the egg chef has a smile on his face every day (and that has to be hard when you cook that many eggs!!).

• jimbo27's Profile Photo

All Inclusive if you like that sort of thing

The Sun Village Hotel is in the village or Apora, a short walk or taxi ride from Baga Beach.

It is a 4 star hotel, and if you have stopped anywhere else in Goa, you can certainly tell the difference.

All rooms have air-conditioning, mini bars that are restocked with drinks, and a large living area with seats, and a good size balcony.

The staff are friendly, efficient and other excellent customer services.

There is a 24hr reception which offers Safety deposit boxes and money exchange. Outside is a taxi rank, to take you anywhere you wish to go.

There are a several bars and restaurants, and each night there is some sort of entertainment going on.

Unique Quality: This is a superb resort offering entertainment, luxury surroundings and accommodations, and excellent food , drink and service.

This is fine if you just want to stay in this resort and in and around the hotel.

Do you know what you are missing? The hotel only offers an All Inclusive package, which is good for European standards.

However you are missing out on what GOA has to offer. Beach shacks, beach barbecues, Quality restuarants and bars at low prices. We stopped at Sun Village on our first trip to Goa. It was excellent, but we felt liked we missed out on everything else.

Stay here if you want luxury and pampering and you can really get your moneys worth from all inclusive. Go bed and breakfast elsewhere if you want to see Goa, go on trips, go to different restaurants, and experience other things, whilst still getting great value for money

Directions: Apora Village, just past the Ingos saturday night bazaar.

More about Sun Village

sun village....

by bobbsy

can anyone help i need to contact the sun village hotel and wondered if anyone knows the email address for the hotel thanks in advanvce

neil

by DaveC1

Neil,
I assume it is the Sun Village in Baga, in which case the email address is : sunvil@goatelecom.com.
Dave

by navendu_shirali

for any kinda of phone number u need in goa...call the helpline
0832-2412121
they will give u any number u need
if u want to know anymore abt goa..ask me...

by navendu_shirali

Sun Village * * * * Baga, Arpora, Panjim, Goa - 403 518 Tel: +(91) (832)
2279409~14 Fax: +(91) (832) 2279415/2281280 Email:sunvil@goatelecom.com