4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Goa Tour with Antilog Vacations

Dear All

It would be difficult to find a single fault with Taj Holidays Village. All the staff is exceptional, services are charmingly carried out! The lobby full of amazing flowers sets the tone, rooms are delightful, great views and very comfortable, every need is covered from CDplayers, to printers, flowers and books. Thanks Antilog Vacations (www.antilogvacations.com ) who booked this hotel for me.

Regards

Jas

Unique Quality: Services + Location

• nupz's Profile Photo

A true five star experience for less

Taj village and Fort Aguada Taj are hardly ten steps away from each other and both hotels provide a true five star experience to you.I went to Ford Aguada taj(now vivanta) on sept 2009 for my honeymoon but,end up getting services for both the hotels.Rooms are extremely cozy and is fitted with all the amenities.Staffs are extremely helpful and leave no stone unturned to make you feel happy.I stayed in Taj aguada but felt Taj village has better restaurant so i asked staff and he made our food arrangement there(without charging any extra money).

Unique Quality: The hotel has swimming pool,massage centre,yoga services.And, of course provide awesome view.Hotel is just few steps away from the beach so its kind of own that part and its really great to be sitting by the beach even at beach without getting disturbed.

We got a deal from a site and it cost us 10,000 INR i.e less than150 pounds for seven day inclusive of taxes.

Directions: Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada
    Sinquerim, Candolim,
    Bardez - 403 515
    Goa, India

• Taj Holiday Village Goa – Everything was perfect

Taj Holiday Village Goa is one of the best hotel ever I stay. The hotel is on the best beach location situated on Sinquerim beach. The villas of the hotel create special charm which is inspired by the Portugese architecture. Each Villas are fully equipped with all the luxurious facilities.

I stay in Taj Holiday Village Goa for a week during my family holidays in Goa. We were in deluxe room which was best view for Sinquerim beach. The room meet all the luxurious facilities and its almost same as we had expected. The hotel has a sun beach grarden and comfortable villa. The hotel has beachfront restaurant serves one of the best Indian and International cosines especially seafood was amazing. The all staffs were very friendy and make our holiday memorable. Everything was perfect in Taj Holiday Village Goa especial kids had great time there. I had booked this Hotel trough http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/newoffer/india/goa/tajholiday.aspx

Unique Quality: Room, Beach, Restaurant

• i\Indiana Villa

We promise to offer the Best Holiday Accommodation, Guest Houses and Luxury Holiday

Apartment in Vasant Kunj South Delhi near to the international airport an inimitable

expierence an ambience amalgamated with the essence of personalized and warm hospitality.
    Bed And Breakfast In South Delhi. For more

information visit on my website. http://www.indianavilla.com

Unique Quality: We take pride in introducing ourselves as specialist in the hospitality industry for the past 10 years. The property is a premium addition to the upmarket south delhi’s ambience.The hotel is in an area of 2.5 acres with beautifully landscaped gardens and pollution free environment which is a rarity in a metropolitan city like New Delhi. Whether you are an eager tourist, business traveler or taking a weekend break Indiana villa is the ideal place for your stay.

• Bitter experience due to non-implementation of non

My one-time experience was bitter. The non smoking policy was not implemented in the areas which have been demarcated as non smoking blocks as is mentioned in their brochure and website. I must say that although I was given as considerably better room (yet smaller), the whole experience of changing rooms after requesting twice for a change of room has left me quite disappointed with the Taj.

After much advertisement, a five-star hotel at the level of Taj, merely states that I should expect smokers at the holiday session and expect to live with scented oils and a non-functioning de-humidifier. How convenient it would have been, had it not been for the fact that I had fallen ill due to the smoke and the fact that the room would have been a gas chamber for my 2-yr old daughter.

After staying at the MTDC Tarkarli, I give them full marks for have cottages without connecting doors and have luxuriously large rooms for an excellent rate. I will never suggest that my friends visit the taj even though the room service was excellent.

Unique Quality: Outstanding service

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

First Class! My Favorite Goa Hotel

The Taj Holiday Village is hands-down my favorite hotel in Goa (North or South!). The landscaping is lush with beautiful colorful flowers, tropical trees and bushes. It is so peaceful and relaxing.

There is a very nice pool area and direct access to the beach where you can parasail or jetski. Recommended dining options include: Banyan Tree - Thai Cuisine, Beach House - good Goan dishes (try the fish!), and my favorite Caravela, which directly overlooks the beach/Arabian Sea. Breakfast buffet is served in Caravela. There are also themed nights where the restaurant is decorated and live music is offered.

Acommodations include cottages and villas. We have stayed in the (2-storey) hotel part which was nice and also in the villas, which was really nice! Standard in all rooms: a DVD player, LCD television, 2 line phones and newly designed bathrooms with a bathtub. You have a choice of garden or sea view.

From the website, this is a description of the 1 bedroom villa: The Villa Garden View of 540 sq. ft, is a luxurious stand alone garden facing villa with a bedroom and a living room, a private lawn, garden furniture with parasols. It also has a DVD player, 2 LCD televisions, 2 line phones & newly designed bathrooms with a bathtub. You have a choice of garden or sea view.

Book early, especially during the holiday season, when prices really go up.

Check the website for additional Leisure, Business, and General Services available at this hotel.

One of the times we stayed here was the night of our wedding. They set up a beautiful dinner outside on the lawn for our guests. This is a wonderful place for a splurge and to celebrate a special occasion. They have the best chocolate "occasion" cake that I have had anywhere in India in over 6 years (and believe me, I have tried many! - see photo #2 for room and cake).

Oh...and the staff here is exceptional!!

Directions: At the south end of the beach stretch.

• tere1's Profile Photo

Best resort in Northen Goa

This is without doubt the best resort in Northern Goa. It is located in Sinquerim beach, not far from Panjim and next to all the places you can go for shopping or have dinner.

The resort is beautiful, right in front of the beach, with manicured tropical gardens and the rooms are bungallows, many of them with sea views. The bungallows are all decorated with much taste, very spacious , with large plasma tvs, coffee and tea making facilities and free internet connection. Bathrooms are also large and filled with good toiletries. There is a patio outside with a table and some chairs where we can watch the fabulous indian sunset.

The service is top noch! Everyone goes out of their way to make our stay pleasant, from housekeeping to waiters in the restaurants. Breakfast is plentiful with a wide choice of indian and western hot dishes, juices, pastries, breads, pancakes, eggs, fruits, excellent!

There are several restaurants at the resort , though a little pricier than the restaurants around but well worth the price. I didn't have a single dinner outside the hotel. One of them serves excellent thai food, another goan food and the other one serves western and indian food.

The swimming pool is also amazing with plenty of sundeck chairs. I truly enjoyed the Taj Holiday Village and look forward to return to it. Highly recommended! Just take a look at my pictures.

Unique Quality: Excellent location, service, food and accomodation.
    Shares a very good spa with its sister hotel Taj Fort Aguada and they have a shuttle to take you there and pick you.

Directions: In Sinquerim beach, next to Fort Aguada.

• Worst Customer Service I have ever got

We had planned a vacation for my family all 17 of us after a long time (22years) for my Parents 50th anniversary. We booked in February 2006 (paid in full in advance) for 4 days in May 2006. all we asked for was that we get accomodations close to each other.

when we got there they gave us rooms all over the place two cottages, two rooms one end of the compound and two rooms at the other end which were on two different floors for my kids.

All we got was we are sorry this is all that is available. No remorse for the mixup which the manager could not explain.

The bathrooms in two of rooms were leaking, so the next day we had to pack our stuff and move rooms.

The food was good and the staff from house keeping was excellent. I felt bad for the staff because they had to put up with the upset visitors when the management is to blame for not arranging visitors rooms properly.

Unique Quality: The view, the pool the restaurants are awesome.

• julia687's Profile Photo

Great hotel

We had a great stay here. This is the first time I had been to a Taj hotel & will always use them now, the staff are so polite and friendly.
    The rooms are very nice, air conditioned & clean, our room had a beautiful Banyan tree outside and we saw several rooms & they all had interconnecting doors which is great if you are a family or group. They have satelite tv & a great room service. They also offer a laundry service for an extremely reasonable rate which we used serveral times during our stay.
    The pool is a good size especially compared to the one at the sister hotel Fort Aguada next door - you can use facilities at both hotels. And the pool bar is a bonus! The beach is lovely clean, soft yellow sand, I didn't go in the sea really as it was too choppy at the time of year we were there. The beach beds were great though as the beach sellers didn't come that far up and there was a man from the hotel that brought round juice to you.

The main restaurant which looks on to the beach has a beautiful breakfast, there was everything from Indian food, pancakes, fruit, cakes, omletts you name it they had it! we also had lunch & dinner in there most days as there was such a variety - the lobster is so much cheaper here than at the seafood restaurant at the Fort Aguada.
    The hotel caters for families & adults, we were there at Easter & the children had a kids club & were not a pain at all.
    The Thai restaurant - the only one in Goa is fantastic. Once a week on the lawns infront of it some of the stalls from Anjuna market & some entertainers come. A great opportunity to get some fab bargains!

The hotel is about 10 minutes in a taxi from Candolim with its good selection of restaurants and about 20-25 mins from Calangute with it's extensive range of shopping.
    We would highly recommend this hotel & will certainly be returning in the future.

Unique Quality: Beachside location at a quiet end of the beach.

Directions: Near Candolim

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Spa at Taj

The Taj has a spa which offer massage, relaxation (Yoga, meditation), etc

One cool thing is that you can book a private room for couples...

Unique Quality: Cool atmosphere, friendly staff.

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Village life

Different from most resorts, this one is a village of small cottage where each unit has its private yard. It's very quiet and cozy

Unique Quality: Good pool size with bar, numerous restaurants including a very good Thai one.

Entertainment at night

Private Beach

Access to Taj Aguada close by which has other great restaurants

Directions: Sinquerim

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Taj Holiday Village

As I was there in low season, I gifted me with a one night stay at this luxury resort in Sinquerim Beach, south of Candolim. Huge gardens, wonderful swimming pool and excellent rooms in cozy cottages. I spent a very relaxing day laying by the pool in a rather sunny day (for monsoon period).
    Singles from $40 (Low Season) to 125$ (High Season).

• hanspeter_W.'s Profile Photo

taj holiday village great beach hotel

a great holiday in Goa is the Taj Village with a beautiful big garden, chalets and nice hotel-beach
    Taj Holiday Village Resort Overview
    Taj Holiday Village, hotels in Goa celebrates 25 glorious years of delighting guests with the legendary Taj hospitality, adorning a fresh new look with beaches in goa. With an entirely new landscaping and lobby, renovated cottages and restaurants, a spanking new island bar, the Spa and a range of exciting indoor and outdoor recreational options; the exotic beach resorts in goa now exudes a fresh demeanor.

Built in 1981, the Taj Holiday Village soaks you in the hospitable, relaxed and fun-loving ambience of Goa hotels where charming terracotta cottages, pretty pathways and fragrant gardens unfold an easy pace and style. The perfect combination of modern elegance and Goan – Portuguese architecture, the resort is a picture-postcard hamlet fringing the beaches in goa. The vista has been redesigned with the gardens styled to complement the inherent essence of the goa resorts, offering a feeling of a home away from home.

Come, discover the quintessential charm of Goa hotels lulled by the strains of the mandolin, the murmur of waves, the rustling of palms and the call of birds at the Taj Holiday Village.

Unique Quality: wonderful garden, nice beach

More about Taj Holiday Village

on the oceanfront taj holiday villageon the oceanfront taj holiday village

taj holiday village

by caron14

Hi has any one out there any info on the Taj Holiday Village have had people tell me its nice on other forums but no one who has actually stayed there or ate there.

RE: taj holiday village

by pravdr

well the taj holiday village is set in lush green surroundings. and has the ambience of a village with villas set inbetween meandering paths with a good swimming pool set in the centre.

there is a small oceanfront area.

however why dont you give a thought to taj fort aguada it gives you the best sea views u can ever see from your room itself.

above the taj fort aguada are the hermitage villas of the taj group. they are located on a small cliff 2 of the vilaas have wonderful sea views.

all the 3 properties are adjoining each other and you can enjoy facilities in either of them this gives you and excellent choice of restaurants to choose from.

last time i saw taj village was in july 2004 when the villas were under renovation but by now i think the pleace must be spruced up.

will discuss in detail if required.

regards

praveen

by caron14

Thank you for your reply Praveen, your description of the other two properties sounds fab but we have already booked the holliday village and it does sound nice, it just sems really strange that no one seems to have stayed there If we dont like it when we get there we will ask to be transfered to one of the properties you have recomended, if you have any more info you would like to share with me (good or bad) I would really appreciate it if you would post on here or privatly mail me.
Thanks again
Caron

by Eddie101

Hi, well you certainly won't be dissapointed with the level of style and comfort that the Taj group offer, good enough "gaff" for the prime minister of India to stay there.
As for your wonder at the lack of response from members having stayed there, one of the reasons may be that the Taj is a bit of a, well, upmarket joint and most of the visitors to Goa do so time and again and tend to keep lower end, this gives a feel of mixing it with the locals who are such wonderful people.
You'll see what i mean when you get there, but don't worry you will have a great and memorable time.
Eddie

by caron14

Hi Eddie thanks for your reply thats what i wanted to hear nice things, but hey folks I dont mind hearing the bad things also, we have booked to stay there and will make up our own minds at the end of the day but its nice to know we are not heading out to some rat infested dump with a really bad name!!

Comments