Raj Baga, Canacona, Goa, 403702, India

Hotels.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Memorable Holidays with Intercontinental The Lalit

Intercontinental The Lalit, Goa is ideal for beach holidays not very good for party or business stay. I stay there for 3 days during my India trip with my family. The hotel is very near to beach and one of the best hotel for swimming and sunbath.

The service they had provided was excellent and we are happy with the hotel facilities. One thing came in mind about this hotel is Excellent services, light atmosphere with well furnished room. The see food was amazing and still I have taste for that food. The golf course added extra fun in our holidays. I recommended this hotel for a memorable beach holidays. I must there whenever I will be in India next time. I had booked Intercontinental The Lalit Resort Goa through http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/newoffer/india/goa/intercontinental.aspx

Unique Quality: Food, Swimming, Golf Course

• Overpriced

The hotel is satisfactory accomodation wise but the food was overpriced and for the most part average. Expect to pay about 4X the price as something similar in a local restaurant. Also they charge about double the price for taxis, which are waiting just outside the main gate. Wireless internet is also very expensive at 300 INR/hr or 900 INR for 24 hrs. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Unique Quality: Private beach and a 9 hole golf course (very narrow course)

More about Intercontinental The Grand Resort Goa

SIMPLE SMALL HOTEL BUT NICE

by anilbobbysharma about PANDE RESIDENCY,NEAR RAJBAG BEACH,CANACONA,GOA-IND

The hotel has just around 7 to 8 rooms but delicately done. I enjoyed my stay here because the rates were bare minimum. Actually being such a small hotel the best thing was the rooms were most lavishly done for the price.

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member fallingleaves

We stayed at the Intercontental last week for 4 nights . The hotel and the location is awesome . The food is average , the swimming pool area was crowded and a bit noisy . The breakfast was a large spread and good . The rooms are spacious and overall the ambience was very relaxing. Recommended !!

Above Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member RobsterGeneva

My first recommendation for Goa would be to call well in advance to check availability. For us, Goa was tagged on the end of back packing - a bit of luxurious lounging by the sea to chill after slogging it round South India - and we had not booked ahead. We wanted to check out the Taj Exotica (website looks great) and the Hyatt etc. but they were all totally booked. So Intercontinental seems to have availability when the others do not.

Overall it was above exepctations because the rooms were lovely, the beach was deserted and picturesque with lovely sea breeze to chill the humidity. Great seafood restaurant on the beach - great for sunset cocktails etc.

Looking at the other reviews i think we may have got off lightly on the conference front. This is definitely a hotel that seems to cater for "events" and there was a wedding on when we were there - the guests were lovely and the occasion unobtrusive but if it had been a hoard of salesman with DJ playing into the night it could well have been different (as per one of the other tripadvisor reviews). Net, i'd check ahead to see if conferences are booked and decide accordingly because it was peaceful for our stay.

Restaurant food and service was good to great. Reception & pool service was average to poor. Pool side food was a bit naff and the pool/reception staff look a bit shocked to see you and don't quite look up to it all. Pool is lovely if maybe a tad small for size of property. Maybe that's nit picking but it adds to the sense of you being with other people as they try to get eveyone in around the pool. We headed for the beach - loads of sun and shade and pretty much deserted. Perfect.

Another tip - check if Internet rates are cheaper than being offered at front desk. We got a 50USD discount per night by using their business centre to book rooms vs using the front desk... how bizarre a policy is that?

Fabulous location but lousy service

by TripAdvisor Member Wanderer72

We stayed in this hotel during end of september. First, our spirits were dampened on getting to know that hotel is located 62 km from airport. There is also construction work going on in some patches of roads which made the taxi ride quite bumpy.
However, upon reaching the hotel, we were very happy becoz rooms were excellent, bathrooms were excellent, location was fantastic and there is private beach where you can let yourself loose. They also provide you with complimentary wine and cashews on arrival.
Overall, on positive side, it was a fantastic hotel with even great location. We also took taxi ride one day and visited more popular calangute, baga beaches which were 90km from our hotel. Upon visiting those beaches, we were disappointed as they were crowded, messy and we were longing to go back to our own hotel and our own private beach.
Palomel beach is located 2km from hotel. Everybody from hotel is there at evening time due to plenty of food and bar options available.
On negative side, 1) mattresses were not comfortable and at end of stay, i had minor back ache becoz of its softness.
2) Service is TERRIBLE., whenever you ask them for something, they will take atleast 30 minutes to deliver even minor things and standard answer is WE ARE BUSY WITH OTHER ROOMS

Overall, i will go back to this hotel again simply becoz of its great location and proximity to Palomel beach which is best place in GOA>

Huge rooms, secluded beach, great price ($150)

by TripAdvisor Member neptune006

Main advice: Don't go here if you're the active type and want to be in the hub of things...there are better places for that.

DO go here if you're okay with holing up at the resort, don't mind driving/rickshawing to nearby beaches for more action, enjoy a BIG beautiful room. I also think this is a good place for families who want mostly to hole up at the resort...from what I observed, kids seemed to love being all the pool all day.

On the scenic drive to this place...so far south, you're almost in the next state...you very much get the sense you're in the back of beyond.

I am a high-maintenance chick. I must have creature comforts. I'm a huge bathroom snob. I must have a gorgeous bathroom, or I want to go home. So trust me when I say: This place has awesome bathrooms! The rooms are huge and airy. When I went there, the matresses were not the greatest, but nothing I would complain about...it was the pillows...and this is something to note for all of Goa. It's humid, and pillow mold is common, so if you have allergies, you may want to pack your own pillow, or a hypo-allergenic pillow case or something...I will next time...when mine were bad, I slept on the chair on the balcony...which wasn't bad at all.

The breakfast buffet is terrific. Most if not all of the chefs went to culinary school, and they are fantastic, especially when it comes to Indian food.

Do note, however, they have a limited number of restaurants, and the only place you will find Indian food (besides the morning breakfast place) is the (best!!!) place right on the beach that's only open for dinner. It's designed as a "beach shack." The food, wait-staff, view, atmosphere are all awesome!!! They made things for me, upon request, that weren't on the menu. For example, I was craving vegetables, but of course they had to be cooked (DO avoid raw veggies like salads, even at the best resorts, because the germs are in the water and you do NOT want to risk getting the runnies because of your arrogance!). So I would choose a veggie, and the chef would make it Indian style for me...amazing!!! I'd happily eat there every night without complaint, it was that great!!!

I'm a novelist, and I was on a deadline, so I went there mainly to work in a beautiful setting and avail myself of pampering (food, maid service, ocean) when necessary. For my purposes, it was perfect. However, I don't know if I would necessarily stay there with my hubby...because it IS so remote...we stayed in central and north Goa, and when we do stay in south Goa next time, I might be inclined to choose someplace more central, like the Leela, if we can afford it.

Nice but Not Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member JuhiOberoi23

This Hotel is very nice. ( This was our second trip to this hotel ), Nice big, Beautiful Rooms, big and clean swimming pool, friendly staff, Tasty food e.t.c. Everything was nice. The only thing we did not like was that the place was not lively. No music, quiet and silent, no lights. I would have loved it if was lively. If you are peaceful traveller and would like peace in your holiday, please visit this hotel.

I really appreciate the Magic Show and the folk music done.

Not the Lila!!

by TripAdvisor Member Wintonian

Having stayed at the Kempinski Lila (Goa) earlier in the year, we anticipated a similar standard at the InterCon. Not so!

Whilst the property is large, with well kept gardens and golf course, the infrastructure is tired and in need of updating. Staff, whilst polite and generally helpful, are both inexperienced and in some cases incompetent. A big dollop of induction training is very much needed!

Any battle weary traveller expecting exellence should give this one a wide bearth for a mo! Maybe things will improve in time - but for now, head for the Lila!

teeth whitening

by waspo10

hi, does anyone have any opinion or whether to book a teeth whitening appointment prior to travelling to goa or book one whilst there?

by elaineanddave

No need to book, they see you quickly, here is a very good dendist Dr Rosemond L D Louxa Sadashiv Saraswati Building, Palolem Canacona Goa Tel 0091 821 2643423 or mobile 00919823112239

Elaine stones palolem goa

by christinespencer

Heya!

I feel its best to book an appointment prior to travelling to Goa so you give your dentist enough time to do the job.
I know of a dentist in Margao,Dr.Carvalho who is very good.
I would highly recommend him.
He does the Brite Smile and Zoom whitening which are really good.
You can book an appointment at 0091-9890498928.
Their website is www.dentistsingoa.com.

Cheers,

Christine.

by mancunian_gal

Hi

I've been to goa 16times now and many of my friends have had their teeth whitened at 'Smile' in calangute, i reall would recommend these very clean environment and very friendly, i can get you the number if you'd like.

Kim