The Majestic

Porvorim Village, North Goa, North Goa, 403 521, India

More about Goa

riverside house.riverside house.

The reason why I wanna return to Goa!The reason why I wanna return to Goa!

Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, AltinhoOur Lady of the Immaculate Conception, Altinho

On the balconyOn the balcony

Goa to Pune by overnight sleeper coach

by sam_999

Has any one gone from Goa to Pune by a sleeper coach?. I m thinking of booking via pailo travels and they have a number of sleepers, i would like to know if any one has booked and how uncomfortable / comfortable it is. the time is during xmas and trains and plane are just tooo expensive. is lower deck or upper more comfortable?.

SAM

by lynnehamman

Sam

Sleeper coaches are comfortable enough. Personally I always prefer the upper bunks. But you would have to be able to get up (and down) easily.
Try and book 2nd air con if possible. And take along a toilet roll.

lynnehamman,

I should have said i am travelling by AC Sleeper bus (paulo's) unfortunately all trains booking are full and i am travelling at mega peak season (new years day). so the only option is Sleeper Bus. you may have misunderstood as train coaches..

SAM

by lynnehamman

Have used the sleeper buses- and answer is the same:

Top bunks are better (eg less disturbed by people getting on and off the bus) than the bottom bunks. Bunks were comfortable on ours. But then I am a fairly smallish person. If you are very tall it might not be so comfortable.

Thanks Lynnhammam..........

by gupta_bsnl

Hi SAM
My question is for Bus sleeper coach we have to book it in advance . if yes how ?
And what r charges for that.

Travel Tips for Goa

Getting Married in Goa

by pineapple40

Hi there!
I have to agree with you - love Goa too! We were married there in January 2007 after a rather lengthy process! Worth all the waiting though as quite a unique experience. We were fortunate to make friends with a lovely Goan lad who recommended a Lawyer for us who took care of all the paperwork we needed. This took weeks and weeks to sort out though so you would really need to be spending at least a couple of months there. As somebody else suggested, a Wedding Planner could probably get things done for you much quicker I would imagine. We didn't have a ceremony as such - long story! - but had an absolutely fantastic and memorable day and night! All the paper work was done in Margao and we had our 'reception' in Benaulim. All the rickshaw drivers covered their vehicles in flowers and drove us round, throwing fire crackers out and peeping their horns - mad! They took to the beach for sunset and we jumped on jet skis as the sun was setting - in our wedding outfits of course! Priceless! Well Good Luck with your plans and hope this is of some help to you.

about Goa

by ssharonuk

the fondest memory i have about our first holiday to goa was our first day at morgim beach when my husband and myself were lying alone on the beach and he turned to me and said " sharon pinch me Just to make sure in not dreaming" that just sums up what we think of goa and why were returning
sharon

"Take me to your Druggist..."

by JessH

May all your travels be safe & happy ones... but if something should happen whilst abroad, it's always good to know where the next pharmacy is... just in case.

If you fall-off your scooter, step onto something nasty in the ocean, or simply have a headache, you won't have a problem finding a pharmacy along the main road in Calangute. A lot of the pharmacies in India also sell natural remedies such as Homeopathy, Aloe Vera Gel, Herbal ointments and a large variety of teas.

We were a bit confused about the opening hours, but ask any taxi driver or shop owner along the street and they'll quite happily tell you. Also, try to not look too shocked once you've entered the place... all of the pharmacies I saw in Goa looked like bomb sites! (click on the picture to see what I mean!)
Boxes, tubes, viles & bottles are piled in seemingly chaotic order everywhere... don't ask me how, but they always know where to find what you're asking for...

Funny, how the same thing has a different name in English in different countries:
If you can't find a Pharmacy, and you can't find a Chemist, try asking for a Druggist... haha!

Dental treatment...

by BluBluBlu

One of the best known, and most upto date surgeries is:

International Dental Centre Goa , C-2 Landscape Royale, Calangute-Arpora Road,

Above Arte D'ouro Cyber Cafe, Near Bank of Baroda,

Porbavaddo Calangute Goa India .

The Dentist is Dr Toshepu Aomi...top bloke!

WATER WATER WATER

by jimbo27

Stay hyrdated and drink lots of water.

If you are just walking along the beaches or in the resorts, there is no need to carry water.

It will get warm and it can be quite heavy.

If you feel thirsty just go to a local shop or pop into a local bar and order some water.
A bottle of water can cost between 15 - 30 rupees, and that can include the service.

We go for walks around the resorts or along the beaches, and because the prices are good, we just stop off at a bar or beach shack and use their facilities. If we fancy a beer, we always get a bottle of water as well, just so you dont overdo.

Comments