Villa Paradiso

TaxiTaxi

THE ENTRANCETHE ENTRANCE

The SacristyThe Sacristy

My roomMy room

Travel companion in goa during X'mas/New Year..

by vdroadie

Hi,
I'm vivek, a friendly and outgoing kind of a person, deeply passionate about adventure, photography, and budget travelling!
I'm going to goa in the last week of december 2010. I'm a solo traveler, and would be interested to meet new people, and hang out with them. As it is party season in goa, i'd like to make the most outta it, and join in some parties as well..
So please contact me at vivekdixit09@gmail.com if u'r there at the same time as well..
Cheers!

by leics

You might also like to post on www.travbuddy.com

by Donna_in_India

Hi Vivek - if you're friendly and outgoing, you'll have no problem meeting people in Goa especially at the time of year. Have a great time!

by anilpradhanshillong

That's so right! Almost everybody I know is headed for Goa for the New Year bash! U sure you won't receive unwanted mail by giving out you email address?

by The_Heart_Of_Worship

Hi dude,try this one www.indiamike.com, you will find a lot of buddies heading GOA in this forum and i agree with Dona as she said said you can get a lot of friends over there if you are friendly and outgoing , you'll have no problem meeting people in Goa,
Nice jorney!

srihari
9965149073- Chennai

by fiazio

Hello Vivek,
I'm going to be in Goa from 24th, leaving tomorrow to 28th.
It would be nice to meet up and party together, the bigger the better!
You can contact me through my website listed in my public profile.

Regards
Sidd

by The_Heart_Of_Worship

Hey Fiazio,Im also leaving on 27th and will be there couple of weeks or more ,depends on budget...
see ya

Prince

Travel Tips for Goa

Some wildlife

by toonsarah

As well as our visits to the tiger refuge, the monkeys at Dudhsagar and our several encounters with elephants, we were always on the lookout for other interesting examples of local wildlife. A visit to a wildlife park proved unfruitful, apart from a couple of very distant deer. But if smaller animals interest you, you might like this cute little frog, spotted in a car park near Panjim. I’m guessing that the huge spiders (photo 2) are less likely to be on everyone’s must-see list however ;-) But as the sign in photo 3 says, even spiders should be left to live in peace!

Holi

by TracyLB

I have to say the most fun thing we did in Goa was to participate in Holi..Lucky for us, we came to Goa to visit a friend that we met in Kerala last year. So on the day of Holi, he and his family invited us to their village to partake in the festivities, of which we were not disappointed...infact it was probably the most fun thing we have ever done whilst travelling..Goan hospitality is some of the best we have ever encountered..They love eating and drinking and entertaining and having a great time..And on Holi, they went all out!!! Holi will never leave my mind because it was a day full of fun...Everyone was drinking and dancing and acting totally crazy!! Color was everywhere.They were pounding away on a drum...My clothes were wrecked, but i didn't even care..We were drinking a local drink called Uraak..We met so many people that day and found that the Goan's were some of the nicest people we have ever met..And that is what i am going to miss most about Goa..the friendly warm people that we met...Not to mention the great food and the Kingfisher beer and beedis!!

ATMs

by illumina

The closest ATM to Palolem beach is at Canacona - there's a little row of shops and a large hotel, halfway between the beach and Canacona railway station and the ATM is there. It's not far to walk from the Hi-Tide area, though it's a bit further if you're coming from the main street of Palolem.

Is there a doctor in the house ?

by ak47uk

Be warned that there are lots of mosquitoes around at night in Goa especially if there is stagnent water near by in which they breed. so take some repellent (Deet) and wear a long sleeved shirt and long trousers. I remember getting drunk one night on Arak the local firewater (When in Rome) and fell asleep in my hotel room with the door open I managed to get my clothes off apart from my shorts (luckily) but collapsed on top of the bed, in the morning I thought that I had measles, I had been eaten alive. So I went downstairs and the hotel owner got me a taxi to a doctors surgery which consisted of an Indian man sat behind a desk with a mountain of drugs on top, he looked at me laughed and gave me a pill the size of a gobstopper I reluctantly took it with a glass of water and two days later my skin was clear of lumps. Hopefully you will never require the need to see a doctor but don't be afraid to pay them a visit because many of the top doctors and surgeons in the UK are from India.

Tipping

by Cat1976

If you are happy with the service you have received from your hotel staff or restaurant staff then tip them.

the staff are often on very low wages and the tips go along way to making their lives easier.

Often in the shacks on the beach, the waiting staff do not actually earn a wage but rely totally on the tips of visitors.

Comments