Miramar Beach, PO Box 64, Panaji, Goa, 403001, India
Marriott.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Marriott Goa Resort

If only I were back there (sigh)!!

by TripAdvisor Member Larry1876

The Marriott Goa truly stands upto the name of the Marriott and how! Having been a regular traveler, I have stayed in several hotel chains, Marriott included, and I must say the Marriott Goa ranks right on top. It was a long journey for me to get to India and then Goa, but right from my arrival and check-in, my stay has been memorable! I got myself upgraded at a nominal charge to an Executive room - Sea View, and what a fantastic view I had. A good jump from my room and I could have reached the sea waters! A lovely Executive Lounge with a top notch team, restaurants with the friendliest folks at your service, Savio - the Chef with an amazing voice, attention to detail, the kindest and loveliest of ladies at the Concierge, and the most relaxing of massages at the Spa!! I am already planning my next stay with friends at the Marriott in Goa!

Very nice hotel but no beach

by TripAdvisor Member ukadvisor

As expected, the Marriott Goa was very nice and glamourous. If money is not an issue and you like having a nice room and nice surroundings then I would immediately recommend this hotel.
The staff are very nice and helpful, the hotel restaurants (Thai/Chinese, Seafood and Cafe) served great food, the Spa was a pampering joy, the pool was exquisite and the rooms very nice in size and clean. The only issue I had, and I knew this before going, was the beach; there really isn't one where you can enjoy the sea, sun and sand in Panaji. If you want the beach then either take a hotel car out for the day and head south to Benaulim or Palolem for pristine, quiet beaches. North Goa i.e. Baga isn't bad at all for a beach town but you do have more tourists, it's still pretty nice though and there are no cows on the beach either. Avoid local beaches such as Colva if you want to avoid the cows.

Marriott Magic

We went to the Marriott during the easter break for 2 weeks and from the moment you step into the open foyer the service was A1. The hotel is permently being cleaned even to the extent that they will start repainting walls when there is no need. The rooms are great and i would advice the upgrade to sea view for 15.00 dollars per night
but for even better value for a further 15 dollars you can have access to the executive lounge which provide unlimited free drinks i.e. wine cocktails etc between 5.30 - 9.30 incl wine which is approx £ 10.00 a bottle in goa also food from 5.30 -12.00pm there is free internet access and 42 plasma tv. The only problem was that once you had all this you didn’t feel like going out i.e. to drunk and to full.
During our stay the hotel was full with a few wedding going on but the service was still maintained. The downside is the pool area because of space there is not enough beds to go around and many were reserving beds this however is to be solved because during the monsoon
they are building a new pool nearer the beach no affect to the hotel which should be perfect.
A couple of recommendation for restaurants
1. The Sea Pebble open air by the sea in dona paulo a bit like a greek taverna great food
2. Fidalgos in panji a contemporay restuarant with glass frontage this has five cuisines the food and service is 5 star at only £12.00 for starter main and wine for 2.

Awesome Service

by TripAdvisor Member travelleralamundo

Most of the reviewers have it right. This hotel is outstanding, with the service being it's hallmark. From the time you arrive, the staff is eager to take care of your needs and ensure your stay is pleasant. The rooms are functionally appealing, well lit yet appointed with simple furnishings. The beds are of a really good quality and comfort. Security around the hotel is excellent. The hotel, the grounds and lobbies are well kept with visible cleaning going on all the time. The pool area and view to ocean was nice. Sitting in the hotel lobby, the breeze was refreshing along with the music in the open cafe. There is a beach, but the water is very murky and rough. For real beach one has to go north or south of Panjim along the coast, 50-100 Kms.

Breakfast was outstanding with great service. I also had Executive Lounge privileges, which included free internet, free cocktails and snacks during certain hours in the evening. You can also kick back and watch sports on the big screen tv or read a book. The staff in the lounge were really enjoyable to talk to and very friendly.

I did alot of touring of historic sites in Panjim and Old Goa.This hotel is centrally located to all the main historic attractions about 10-25 Kms away. I hired a hotel car and driver service which was outstanding. Good quality vehicles along with a knowlegeable driver.

To sum it up, a great hotel stay, and great service. Consider this hotel if you are in Goa especially for business travel.

Top class hotel

by TripAdvisor Member stuofhallbank

We stayed at the Marriott Resort Hotel in Panaji which is pretty much central Goa in February 2006. The hotel is of an excellent standard. It is most definitely a five star accommodation. The rooms were spotless , very spacious containing a large bathroom, a TV and air conditioning . The hotel overlooks a river which has large transport ships sailing along it. The food in the hotel is excellent but not as cheap as some of the local restaurants. You can buy a curry for a pound . We only spent seven days in Goa which is not long enough. The flights is eleven hours long within a one hour stopover in Bahrain You can get off the plane and look around the duty free before having to board again for Goar. Consequently, it is possibly not worth traveling for less than three weeks. We went to the Saturday market and one of the beaches which was not in particular good condition and is a good two hours away . We did not find ourselves raving about Goa as other people have done but this is possibly because we did not spend enough time there. There would be absolutely no problems with the hotel.

Not entirely world class

by TripAdvisor Member ParadiseChick

I was utterly disappointed. Marriot is supposed to be amazing. Though the hotel was grand and the room was perfection itself, the service wasn't unbeatable and there was only 1 restaurant on site. The Miramar beach is used by all the locals and is a bit dirty and unpleasant. The pool is amazing with one level of depth throughout and a in pool sunken bar and it overlooks the sea. There aren't enough loungers. The worst thing was breakfasting on the patio where all manner of sea birds come and feed off the food. Nevertheless, the proximity to town is great and the reception area is beautiful. The rooms were wonderfulyl clean and well kept.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member varunkochar

I agree with most of the people here on the website, this hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed at. The staff, service and the food is just excellent. The rooms are very well furnished and beds are comfortable. If it is a beach hotel you are looking at then I would not recommend this as the beach adjoining the hotel is not clean. My wife who was travelling with me simply loved the hotel, will definitely stay here again. One advise though, upgrade to a room with the view of the river. The garden view is ok but paying a little extra for the river view will be good. There is a casino here also, where you can try your lucky hand.

Terrible experience - NEVER AGAIN

by TripAdvisor Member Nyka

Never again. This was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in some rough ones. It started from the very beginning. We checked in as a group and had reserved rooms close together, but as it turns out we were on opposite sides of the hotel from each other! And I do mean opposite, the top floor on the edge of one wing and the bottom on the absolute farthest point from the other 2. Ridiculous. Then our room had no non-smoking sign on it, but I was assured it was non-smoking. Well, it is only non-smoking when they need it to be and the bedding and curtains reeked of cigarettes - not a big deal if it is only adults, but I had our small son with us. I asked to be moved, but that somehow was the only room in the hotel that was available even though people continued to check in all night. Why not give a smoker the room? They then offered to "clean the room", now I live in India and I know that means spray some perfume. I asked that they replace the bedding and vaccuum the curtains. They said no problem, right away. That was at noon. No one showed up until I called before dinner and not so gently reminded them for the 2nd time that they had agreed to do it. In the end, they came in and sprayed perfume. The linens were the same (we had chocolate the night before and there were chocolate finger prints still on them) and the perfume was worse than the cigarettes! That was the last time our room was cleaned by the way. Three days later we were still asking for fresh towels and another bottle of water to brush our teeth with! We finally broke down and paid the 400 rupees for evian as I just couldn't stand the taste of toothpaste anymore! The pool was being renovated. We knew this and were told we could use a "neighboring" hotel. I think neighboring is nex t door, but no, it was 6 km (4 mi) away and we had to take a bus to and from. Not fun with 5 kids, 5 adults, 2 teens and 2 nannies! The food was mediocre, the staff were rude, the parties that they had in a lobby area near our room went on until 3am...am I getting through here?! Stay at the Park Hyatt if you go to Goa, stay anywhere but here!! It is not worth the headache and lack of service. If you are in Goa check out the Sea Pebble restaurant. It is a little dive that has the BEST Indian food in Goa.

Fabulous stay

by TripAdvisor Member Preetz

I was just going through the reviews on tripadvisor regarding the Marriott in Goa and I had to add in mine! Unlike a previous review, my family and I had a whale of a time! The hotel is fantastic for families with kids - they have a kids room where I left my `little brat', and the hotel staff was unending in their genuine warmth and care. For me, as a mother, it is very important that my son is taken care of well and if he's happy, so am I!! Great staff, even better food (in fact the brunch at the hotel is so lively and the food and chefs are truly outstanding!). The pool was closed for renovation when I went, but I was informed so when making the booking and the hotel did provide an alternate pool at my convenience. Very helpful staff at the reception and ladies at the concierge. I chose the Marriott as I had several of my friends stay there before and they all recommended Marriott highly. I could not agree with them more!

best holiday ever

by TripAdvisor Member kazandmick

we went to the marriott back in january for 2 weeks, it was the best holiday i have ever had. we would love to go back, the staff were lovely the food was great ever think was wonderfull hopefully we will be going back next year

My room at Afonso Guest HouseMy room at Afonso Guest House