Ranthambhore Road, Sawai Madhopur, 322 001, India

Agoda.com

• husain's Profile Photo

Ranthambhore Bagh

Great service and personal attention for guests. Great food and great ambience overall. Aditya and Poonam are the couple who run this place.

You can choose to stay in rooms or in tents.
    They didnt have aircon, the last time i was there, so in summers you need to rely on the coolers in the rooms. Not too bad still...

Directions: 5 kms from Sawai Madhopur railway station and 8 kms from the National Park entrance.

More about The Ranthambhore Bagh

Ranthambhore Bagh

by husain about Ranthambhore Bagh

You can choose to stay in rooms or in tents.

Inside Ranthambore National ParkInside Ranthambore National Park

Hiding in  Ranthambore National ParkHiding in Ranthambore National Park

Painted Storks - Ranthambore National ParkPainted Storks - Ranthambore National Park

Waiting for a RiderWaiting for a Rider

Beckon Tours

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with Beckon Tours in India?

Thanks,

by lynnehamman

Hi Jason
I had a look a the website- it does not give costs of any of the itiniraries.
Bear in mind that you can get around India without tours. And save yourself a LOT of money.......... There are many different ways of travelling, and the costs are minimal. Please email me if you need help making an itinirary for yourself. My pages on India( links on my Homepage) will give you an idea of how easy it is.

Thanks Lynn,

I thought about doing it myself and I know you did an excellent job for yourself. I am already signed up for a tour from the USA for the Golden Triangle. I extemded the tour for three days for the purpose of doing a Tiger Safari. I will be in Jaipur. I need to go to Ranthambhore from there and to Delhi afterwards. Also, I need to make sure jerep tours are available when I get there.

I don't think I can do much better booking on my own and I do want the extra security of having a tour operator to go after if something falls through. That being said, I would love to hear your ideas. My actual itinerary is as follows:

Jeep Safaris:
23-Mar-10-Afternoon Game Drive
24-Mar-10-Morning & Afternoon Game Drives
25-Mar-10-Morning game Drive

Hotels:
23rd to 25th March - Hotel Ranthambore Bagh - one double room with All meals
25th to 26th March - Hotel The Bagh - Bharatpur - One Double room with Breakfast

Transportation:
Private driver

Thanks,

by lynnehamman

Hi Jason
If you have already booked a tour, and feel more comfortable with that- then do it. I am sure that it will be fine. Personally we prefer the flexibility of doing things on our own.Its half the fun- India is full of surprises.
We loved Ranthambore-
See

And Delhi is just the most interesting city. You can have a look at my New Delhi page if you like, for some ideas.

Thanks Lynn,

I have not booked the itinerary yet. I just know that is the itinerary I want. My time is limited, and I would like to know that everything is booked in advance. If I had more time and flexibility, I would do it your way. I was just wondering if anyone on VT had any personal experience with this tour operator.

by Durfun

Hi,

A wildlife-mad friend of mine used that same firm last year.

He (a Canadian) was very satisfied :)

Have a great trip, and post some pics ;)

Travel Tips for Sawai Madhopur

Sambar

by grets

The Sambar is the most widespread spread deer species in the world, covering sevral Asian countries.

It is also one of the largest members of the deer family, with males being able to attain weights up to 300 kg and can grow to a height of up to 150 cms at the shoulders. The males have antlers nearly 100 cm long, and life expectancy is up to 20 years. The sambar are the main prey of the tiger, and he can feed for four days from a large deer.

Sacred langurs

by grets

The Hanuman langur is sacred to the Indians. They are named after the Hindu monkey-god Hanuman, who, according to legend, fought to rescue a woman and to escape was forced to burn down the village. The black hands and faces of these langurs are thought to be the result of the fire the monkey-god was trapped in. Because of this legend, the Hanuman Langur is the sacred monkey of India and therefore not preyed upon by humans.

Ranthambore Fort # 8

by grets

At this shrine half way up the steps to the fort, devotees leave food offerings to Ganesha, which in fact are then eaten by the resident sacred langurs.

I spent some time sitting opposite this shrine on my own, and became quite a tourist attraction myself. Local boys would come up to me to practice their English, or just stand and stare. People would join me on the wall and chat away to me in their local language, completely oblivious to the fact that I couldn't understand a word. A holy man came up and blessed me, lads wanted to try out my binoculars and young girls would just point and giggle. Quite an experience!

Sarus Crane

Latin name: Grus antigone

Mainly found in cultivated and well-watered areas, this one was seen in a field by the side of the railway line. It is a large bird, growing to a maximum size of 156 cm.

Comments