Marriott Hyderabad

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Bernie843's Profile Photo

Great place to stay in Hyderabad

This is a great hotel to stay in. The staff are all guest orientated. We are in the middle of a long stay here (3 months) so we can see the 'true' state of the hotel. They have team meetings every morning and any problems are quickly sorted out by the management.

Every business makes errors and you should judge the business on how they deal with the errors.

This hotel is excellent in that respect. The breakfast is buffet and there is a VAST selection. you are shown to your seat and coffee is brought as soon as they make it. Selection from European, British, Indian and Carribean fruit mix. The fruit is made up into 'stew's ' where they mix the fruit with coffee beans or cardomon for example.
    The resturant is above excellent but plan to get there at around 1900 hrs then you will have the undivided attention of around 5 staff. you will also get a tour of the kitchen and the tandoor. The food is out of this world but not for every day. (unless you don't care about your weight)
    There is a swimming pool which I use every morning and an excellent gym which I have used twice. (my wife uses it every day) There is Internet LAN in every room if you want to pay for it. Rs 11,000 a month today Aug 2009,

The cars are expensive and beware of letting the hotel's telephone rep get a sim card for you. We were ripped off but on complaining to the hotel they gave us the money and compensated us by topping up our cards to the max.
    all in all. bloody decent place and excellent location for the 'real India' experience.

Unique Quality: Said it all above.

Directions: it's in a beautiful area. (Indian standards beautiful) The houses around here are all Art Deco that have not been maintained, but still beautiful if you like that period.
    The wind comes across the lake and keeps a nice breeze that dilutes the pollution.

More about Marriott Hyderabad

Two week business trip made bearable at the Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member mbasrld

I spent two weeks in Hyderabad in mid-December 2007 and was pleasantly surprised at the Marriott. The room was well appointed, food service exceptional - had breakfast & dinner on premisis, and the staff was very helpful and efficient.
I also used the health facilities every morning and found them to be as good as my health club in Houston - new equipment and in very good working order.
When I had a problem with flight connections, the front-desk was a great help in resolving the problem with the airling & transportation to the airport.
All-in-all, this was one of the best hotels I've stayed in.

A comfortable place to relax on a business trip

by TripAdvisor Member Banks3

The entrance to the Marriott was well-appointed, welcoming, and hospitable. The staff was courteous and prompt from the front desk to the laundry service folks. The restaurants in the hotel were more than adequate for me (I was there alone on business) with offerings of both Indian and western cuisine. I couldn't get internet access to work in my room and the business center seemed a little thrown-together, which could be a problem for some people, but it was functional. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and felt like an oasis after navigating the crowds of Hyderabad. I had a view of the lake which was soothing, but the ever-present bustle was always just a glance away. Although there is a waterway avec sewer adjacent to the hotel, I was unable to pick out an odor. Overall, I was very happy with my stay here.

Okay hotel, if you can get used to the smell...

by TripAdvisor Member Fortwood

I stayed here for two nights during my business trip to India.

I stayed on the 6th floor. Both the room and hallway were very smelly and damp. The hotel has a very nice fitness center on the top floor. The fitness center did not smell at all. The hotel has a standard breakfast buffet with many south Indian food.

Internet connection and laundry service were very expensive. My bill had many errors such as being billed for the service I didn't use. I recommend careful inspection of your bill upon checkout from this hotel.

A place of extremes

by TripAdvisor Member Gastropod

I stayed at the Marriot in Hyderabad a couple of times during May 2008.

First the good bits, then the bad bits then the simply bizarre bit.

1. I had airline problems with luggage and the concierge service could not have been more helpful! They lent me a suitcase whilst mine was sorted out - didn't happen but that's another story. They chased the airline and the suitcase menders on my behalf. Top marks.

2. The Okra buffet is the best I have ever experienced anywhere in the world. Fantastic multi-national food at very reasonable prices. Roast beef is a rarity in India but perfectly cooked and prepeared roast is outstanding! Breakfasts were also excellent as well.

3. The geneal ambience and rooms were very good. Few noise problems.

4. Really nice pool and public areas with excellent and discrete service.

Now the bad bits.

1. It's a good hotel but why, oh why did they build it next to a sewage plant? If you look over the wall, you see an outflow carrying raw sewage. The smell has been commented in other reviews and I would certainly agree with these. It was simply overpowering for much of my stay. Yeugh!

2. The cost of internet connection is sky high. So high, in fact that I decided not to use this service. It was much more expensive than comparable establishments and I wonder why? Surely Marriott could see that if they dropped the price a little, many more people would use the service and Marriott would make more money.

3. Laundry was also expensive.

4. The bar closed early at 22:30. I am told this is a local law but I saw them serving other people after they declined to serve our group. I hasten to add that although British, we were well turned out and well behaved. Not at all happy about this.

5. The check out had some errors on the bill, in the hotel's favour. I understand that this is not an isolated incident.

Now the bizarre bit.

They had airport type security during our stay. There have been terrorist problems in Hyderabad and I guess that the up market hotels could be a target. There were the usual couple of Indian staff doing some peremptory checks- On several occasions I just walked through, the buzzers sounded but I was not searched. My bag was just passed without being checked. As well as the couple of staff who were 'checking' people coming into the hotel, there were the typical four or five uniformed Indian staff looking on. The odd thing was that there was nothing to stop anybody from walking beside the security check and into the gardens, and from the gardens into one of several other unguraded hotel entrances. You wonder why they bother! Furthermore, when we came back late one evening, nobody was there to check us. Presumably terrorists in India limit their activities to office hours.

All in all, some outstanding bits which are marred by some bad bits. That's why I've marked it middle ferdiddle.

Better than most alternatives in Hyderabad

by TripAdvisor Member Therooster

In a country where stars are given to hotels seemingly randomly, this is a "real" luxury hotel. It won't blow you away, but at least it's a proper 5-star property, as opposed to other hotels that do not deserve their stars. It's clean, comfortable, and functional. The staff is very friendly and professional. The food is outstanding. Try the special japanese-style dessert in the evening buffet. Unforgettable! The rooms are also large enough and comfortable. I didn't smell anything odd, so I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about, and cannot comment on that. It was fine by my nose. The location is not fantastic, but it doesn't matter, as you can get to everywhere very easily by taxi. Internet access is fast and reliable, room service is great and laundry fast and efficient (ordered overnight drycleaning and they did it within a few hours at no extra charge!). All up, I strongly recommend it.

Comments