Novotel Hyderabad

Novotel and HICC Complex, Cyberabad Post Office, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 500081, India

Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre
Booking.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

My stay in Hyderabad

I really enjoyed the breakfast in the executive floor lounge in the morning. It’s a wonderful room with very comfy furniture, a Christmas tree, carols playing, doting staff, and a great buffet selection. “Would madam like an omlet?” No, but madam really likes that coffee, may I have some more? And grilled vegetables! I haven’t had nearly enough vegetables on this trip that weren’t soaking in some kind of Indian spiced sauce. The view out the window was a beautiful pool and lawn area. I was happy.

• Travelshoe's Profile Photo

Novotel Hyderabad

This is one of the newest Hotel In Hyderabad, It has excellent staff and good spread of food.
    The convention Center is right at its doorstep and is a perfect place to host functions.

Unique Quality: The Briyani Rice, which is famous in Hyderabad, is really one of the best. Try either mutton,chicken or vegetarian.
    The Indian sweets are also good.

Directions: Cybertowers should be on your left hand side. Go straight, and drive about 500 Meters and you would see a signboard with NOVOTEL, turn right and head straight till you reach the security gates of the hotel

More about Novotel Hyderabad

A beautiful hotel - 5 stars

by TripAdvisor Member AsheeshJoshi

I happend to stay in this hotel on a business visit to Hyderabad.
Its certainly worth the money. I have a lovely suite on the 6th floor and the room interirors were very nice.

Food is really very good.. specailly for the non-veg lovers.

Overall an excellent hotel to stay in.

Terrible Service

by TripAdvisor Member LondonSW35

The Novotel is a clean hotel and has all the facilities needed for a comfortable stay. Although the staff is totally useless, it is not that they are rude or doesn't want to help, they just don't know how and have no service minded culture in place. A couple of examples: They disregard the fact that you have the "privacy please" sign out.Tthey missed cleaning and minibar every second day. When I complained that the telephone was not working in my room, I got a note on my door that said "We are aware of your phone being out of order, please call reception at number 0 for an update". So many small idiotic things happening, that clearly gave the impression that they did not know what they were doing. Main negative, was that I complained 4 days in a row about a contruction going on in the room above me early in the morning, I called 4-10 times every morning complaining, asking them to stop, but it always took them over 3 hours to make them stop. Everyday they also promised the same would not happen again the next morning, but of course early next morning, they were at it again.

Also, the Italian food festival that was happening at the hotel, was a disgrace. If you have ever been to Italy or had good Italian food, you would find the Italian food festival a joke.

A good hotel surrounded by wasteland

by TripAdvisor Member russellcoombes

I spent 2 weeks at the Hyderabad Novotel for a business trip, and mostly, was a pleasant experience.

I was collected from the airport by the hotel taxi service. Not knowing what to tip, I tipped him something like 2 weeks wages which made him very happy. I advise anyone visiting this area to expect to be asked for tips, and to learn quickly what is a reasonable amount to tip!

The hotel is impressive on arrival, with a large open foyer and seating area. There was only 1 guy on reception, but he was very polite and helpful - I saw the same staff member throughout the rest of my trip, and he was always courteous, polite and as helpful as he could possibly be.

In general, staff at the hotel were always looking to help and were happy doing so. I had to deal with a manager often to lock my large laptop (it's very powerful!) in a safe, and she was always willing to help me with this. Restaurant staff were also very helpful, always checking if I was happy with the service/food, and even bringing me a small light to clip to my book as I read (I was travelling alone) during the evening. The kitchen staff were equally generous, one in particular inviting me behind the kitchen bar to show how naan breads were cooked in the clay oven - my attempt at a naan was a little less successful than his!

Food in the restaurant was excellent. Breakfast could be traditional eggs and bacon, or cereal or muesli. Being India, spicy food was also available including Masala Dosa and other Indian pancakes and breads. Evening meals in the Restaurant were also very good, with a good selection from a large buffet. Although some of the meals were repeated during the week, I felt there was still enough choice to prevent any food-boredom. Additionally, there was a separate menu which offered some alternative cuisine - I ate the Farmhouse Lamb twice which was red-hot and delicious! Wine is very, very expensive though, so be warned.

The pool is a simple affair, with only a few people around at weekends and weekday evenings. Mosquitoes were prevalent in the area, but I managed to avoid them. There is also a gym on site; despite it moving to a small room so the main room had workmen improve the air-conditioning, I was still able to work out every day (sometimes twice) both aerobically and with a good selection of weight machines and free-weights. There are personal trainers on site to help too.

My room was very clean and spacious, as was the bathroom. There was a certain scent to the room, which was pleasant enough. Two bottles of water were provided each day, but more could be provided on request. The laundry service worked nicely, as did room-service who brought me various meals when I couldn't be bothered to visit the restaurant. As a business tourist, I was situated on the top floor, and was able to use the business lounge for a very personal service (tea, coffee, snacks etc) whilst working. As I had an internet connection in my room, I didn't use the business lounge much.

The hotel is miles from anywhere decent in Hyderabad, so book this hotel only if you don't expect to go places. Taxis can be booked at anytime to take you around the city, obviously at a price. Forget any walking though, and make sure you have a plentiful selection of books with you. You cannot even walk around the hotel as it is quite unpleasant - mostly just ugly wasteland...the 'lake' shown in many official photos is just a mosquito-ridden dirt-hole in the peak of summer.

Overall, this is a pretty decent hotel. I experienced excellent and courteous staff service, decent food, pool and gym facilities and a very clean and spacious room. Only the area and views let it down.

Perfect for Hitec City

by TripAdvisor Member N_McL

The Novotel is close to Hitec City, but miles from town. Grounds are large and well kept and the spa, gym, public areas and swimming pool are all great. Rooms are spacious enough, and are quite adequate. I can recommend this hotel highly for business travellers. My only warning: the surroundings are not as pretty as their promotional shots suggest:.

NIce place, needs grooming

by TripAdvisor Member Sturk9

If you are looking for a place in Hyderabad, chances are you will be directed to Novotel since it is the best property and most expensive too.

We have been regulars there but find the consistency of experience wanting. Nevertheless, the staff is professional and facilities at par with international average. The swimming pool however is no great shakes and built without privacy.

As for the restaurants, one would expect more choice for a hotel of this class. However, since Novotel is attached to the Hyderabad Convention Centre, the audience is perhaps more laptopy than gluttony. If that suits you, you're right on track!

Novo SWELL!

by TripAdvisor Member SugarWahine

If you have to stay in or near hi tec city, this is a great place to go.
It is not astronomically expensive and has very good services. The staff I encountered were all helpful and well spoken. I only saw the pool from afar but it looked quite nice....so did the spa.
However, this hotel is in the middle of nowhere and you are pretty much stranded once you are there. Nothing is nearby.
I was there for a conference so it was fine as it all was self contained.... but if you want out and about and to experience Hyderabad, this is not the place to stay. I had no issue with the business services, connectivity or other business centre needs... so I was set. I would recommend and stay again.

coffee treat

by TripAdvisor Member samstreaks

I went to novotel with my three friends.. hetel ppl gave us a warm welcome... we stayed there for sometime as we were feeling tired we went to the coffee shop in the hotel itself...

we ordered sandwiches , juices n coffees..

as we were tired we were expecting to have a hot grilled sandwich with a hot strong coffee..

aftere a long 20mins.... waiter got our order.. as we started eating our sandwiches the very first bite was itself disappointing.. followed by a watery coffee which was almost like water syrup.

The quantity is good but sometimes the quality goes down...

Modern; convenient; room not clean

by TripAdvisor Member Studio1402

Beautiful facility and smooth check-in. My room, however, still had garbage, bottled water, and obviously used towels and linens from the previous guest. I called both the club floor concierge, and the front desk, and neither were in a rush to listen to the complaint. Maybe a one-time problem, but thus far I'm not very impressed.

Comments