Stay Inn

2-3-19 M.G. Road, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 500003, India

More about Hyderabad

Hyderabad centralHyderabad central

The locals frequent these stallsThe locals frequent these stalls

Her dad owns an autoHer dad owns an auto

Char Minar, HyderabadChar Minar, Hyderabad

VTers getting together in Hyderabad, Oct 23

by travelmad478

I'll be spending a couple of days in Hyderabad at the end of next week. On Saturday 23rd, alycat and I are planning to meet up--no fixed plan as yet, but getting a great biryani is at the top of my list! If anyone else would like to join us, please let me know!

Re: VTers getting together in Hyderabad, Oct 23

by syed-arshad

Sounds good! lets meet up!..err when> where?

by travelmad478

I'm going to leave the "where" question to the Hyderabad experts (this is my first time in the city). As for time, my rough plan is to check out Golconda during the day, but then leave plenty of time to hang out with VTers. I'm thinking that a late afternoon start, moving on to dinner etc., is most likely. But I am open to any and all suggestions!

by harsha966

hey thats a cool idea..i would also like to join u folks on 23 ya...and golconda is a nice place to stay..i suggest that we meet on the 23rd morning and show our new friend golconda and other places.....and and good lunch and dinner can be a good finish to our day out..what do u folks say...and hey julie i contacted alycat by email but no ereply from him..anyways do tell me abt ur plans uya....

by travelmad478

I'm going to do Golconda solo in the morning, then some shopping. I need to pick up some things, and I also need to have some time to myself on this trip! Let's meet in the evening...no time limit on that.

by harsha966

hi ya well thats cool...i just said that we should go to golconda together coz i thought that it will be more convenient if we showed u aroung the place,.,,,but as u want to have time on ur own..i guewss u can do it on ur own..well meeting in evening is a good idea and i think its cool..so we can meet up around 6 in the evening at a good place for some food and then take it up from there..what u say folks..and hey how would u contact us julie...should we give u my number or what....

by alycat

I didnt get ur mail Mr. harsha, anyway what was it about,

the VT meet for 22 oct stands cancelled, contact me for further info.

by harsha966

what happened ya why is it cancelled..i thought we were meeting on 23...was looking forward for it ya...and hey how do i contact u pal....isent u a mail tonite again ya..plz check and tell me if u gotr it or not...

by alycat

Err was it 22 or 23??? gosh im messing up harsha!! BTW where do you stay in bombay??
are you here in hyderabad on a holiday or do you work here!!!

by syed-arshad

.....goosh!...yea.. u didnt tell me that the VT meet was on 21 oct! , hey , harsha,yea, we missed the bus i guess...yea.

by alycat

Well sorry ya, it was like ya, busy ya. We planned something and it didnt work ya, may be sometime
later ya

cheers ya

Travel Tips for Hyderabad

Warangal

by vpas

200 km fron Hyderabad. once the heartland of telugu culture, the capital of Kakatia rulers, Warangal is endowed with great architechtural buildings and its natural surroundings. (APTDC Punnami Hotel, 0091870243212)

take a walk across the Tank Bund

by vpas

The bridge over the Hussain Sagar lake is a good place to take a stroll.There are lawns and greenery with statues of famous political,social and cultural heroes on one side and the other side is adjoining the lake.There is a restraurant and also a few people selling snacks along.Good choice for an early morning,evening or even a night walk.

Go to the Zoo

by vpas

The Nehru Zoological Park is located in the historical Bahadurpura around the Miralam Tank,a 200 year old water body ,In over 380 acres of greenery the zoo is the first in the country to have animals arranged in open enclosures.It houses animals,reptiles,birds including nocturnal animal home.
There is a toy train on which children and adults can take a ride around the zoo.
There are small snack joints and toilets.
Closed on Mondays

VISA TEMPLE-Chilkur Balaji Temple

by navendu_shirali

"Be ready for a Sprint"

My collegue Raghuraman, took me to this temple, its a temple which makes your desire filled with devotion come true. The process for same is easy. For taking a wish you have to take 11 "pradakshinas" or 11 circles around the temple. and then when your wish does come true..you have to take 108 such rounds.
And yes please be there as early as possible, the speed of lines slow down with respect to time. 6am u should be here.
Yeah..its very challenging task to remember the numbers, so some guys sell checklist with 108 no.s
The surprising thing about the temple is there is no "hundi" that is no money / cash box to offer money. they sell a book for 10rs. this mere amount is the only financial homage one pays.
Other than i took 108+11, rounds...and it was amazing. 2 hours..
i think we covered at least 15 kms. at that speed.
hope u make a trip there..lot of people who dont get VISAs or have a trouble make a trip here. Rest it seems is taken care of

Check http://www.chilkurbalaji.org

"Birla Temple"

Now this entire temple though very modern in architecture despite attempts to look rustic seems evident of the urban touch. the temple is nice marble, clear view of the hyderabad city. a good place to mediatate and above all cut away from the city noise minus the aircrafts.
The marble has cool feeling in the interiors despite hot weather. Gives nice pictures of hyderabad.The presiding deity here is Venkateswara (Vishnu).
The brass flagstaff rises to a height of 42 feet.

Comments