4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Very Nice Hotel

The Taj Krishna really is a beautiful hotel. Lots of marble and carvings, an exquisite lobby, and great service. I booked a deluxe room with free upgrade. We checked in and an associate brought up us to our room. Very nice - usual ameneties - coffee/tea maker, fruits and chocolates, safe, bathtub, etc. Big bed with lots of pillows and nice bedding. But I didn't think this was an upgraded room.

Our first night the air conditioning didn't work and it was extrememly hot. I wasn't up to dealing with it being fixed or changing rooms at 2 a.m. The next morning we went to the receptionist and asked what types of rooms they had since they listed superior, deluxe, and club on their website. We were told they only had deluxe and club. I mentioned about the A/C and also asked about the upgrade. They immediately moved us to another room - a club room. Very similar - only addition was a flat screen TV and DVD player. But at least the A/C worked well.

We used the hotel car for sightseeing for 2 days. Hyderabad roads are extremely crowded and dusty and we just didn't want the hassle of taxis or rickshaws. This worked out very well for us and was reasonably priced.

We wanted to try the recommended Golden Dragon restaurant but it wasn't open when we went (too early) and we never had a chance to try again during our stay. We ate all our breakfasts in Encounters. Breakfast was included in our package and was an unbelievably huge buffet - all kinds of Indian and Continental foods - very good. The dining staff was so nice.

All of the staff including the concierge was wonderful and helpful. After straigtening out our first night's stay, we ended up having a great stay. I felt that it was definitely a value for money hotel and would stay if I went back to Hyderabad.

The hotel is in a good location and is even across from a mall (and McDonald's). We didn't go but just reporting for those who might be interested.

It was about a 500 Rupee ride from the airport in the radio cabs outside the airport. The hotel did have airport service but it was about 1200 Rupees. The ride was about an hour.

• mysticbutterfly37's Profile Photo

Hyderabad's Best Hotel and hotel staff

This was my first time out of the United States, and I got to come to India with my husband who is working here on business. So I got to take some time for myself and relax and do some sightseeing, meet all kinds of people, and make new friends.

The room is awesome. The TV is huge and there are only 10 channels that me, being an American would watch, and that's fine. There's also a dvd player in the room, which makes it nice if you bring some dvd's with you to watch on your trip. There are a few movie channels, so there's always something to watch.

We were there for 4 and a half months and I made the staff practically bend over backwards to please me. I had them getting me fruit and making sure that when we ordered room service that it was just what we asked for. It was Diwali tonight, and I even requested that they turn off some lights outside so that we could see the fireworks better through our hotel window, and they had them turned off about 10 minutes after we called them.

The Taj Kristna is a great, personable hotel to stay at, especially if your going to be here for a few months.

Unique Quality: The Pool is awesome and the view of the city is excellent. The pool view rooms however are quieter. The staff at this hotel is outstanding compared to other hotels that I have been to. They will do their best to please you and get you what you want. The staff is there to please the guests, and that's awesome.

Directions: There will be a mall opening up across the street soon, so there might be a bit more traffic and noise then there is at this current moment in time.

• wlightfoot's Profile Photo

A pretty good Hotel for Hyderabad

While driving around Hyderabad for a few days, and getting an eyeful of the place, I think it’s safe to say that this Hotel is probably one of the good ones with in the City. With the all the congestion / poverty / filth / etc., It was good to get behind the walls of the Krishna.

Bars close too early.
    Food was good.
    Rooms mediocre.
    Service Ok

• PLENTY OF CHOICE, FROM 5 STAR...

PLENTY OF CHOICE, FROM 5 STAR HOTEL TO AN ORDINARY HOTEL :- GRAND KAKATIYA / TAJ KRISHNA /HOTEL GOLKONDA/ HOTEL DWARAKA / HOTEL NOBLE / HOTEL VICEROY/HOTEL AMRUTHA CASTLE / HOTEL GREEN PARK / BASERA & ETC.

Unique Quality: AVAILABLE FROM US$20 TO US$150

More about Taj Krishna

TaJ Krishna

by TripAdvisor Member 108

Hyderabad
Tripadvisor member from UK
Nov 2006

Nicely decorated Hotel but the service was exceptionally poor.
Room service and the restaurant service were the worst aspect of my stay there.

Also staff seem to suffer from communication problems.
Had my fathers 85th Birthday bash and the silly Banquet organiser put my name on the cake instead of my fathers. Still awaiting an apology from her.

Wonderful decor, shame they have not got the staff to match it.
However, due to lack of competition in the city from other hotels you may have to accept staying here as it may be the best of the worse.

|Fnatastic hotel in Pieceful location

by TripAdvisor Member fudgebabe

Just come back form a business trip in India and visited Hyderabad where I stayed at the Taj Krishna.

I can't fault the hotel on any points

Service was exceptional
Food was fantastic and catered for every taste
Taxi service offered by hotel was brilliant turned up ontime and even waited while your meetings finished.
Rooms were niecely decorated with all sorts of extra comfort to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
The treatments offered by the hotel were wonderful, rejuvenating and relaxing.

I now wished I had stayed at the Taj in Bangalore instead of the Oberoi which is overpriced

Amazing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RicardoAraujo

Every aspect of our stay at Taj Krishna was perfect. It is well located (not far from the main tourist attractions), beautiful, spacious but still cozy. Certainly one of the best hotels in town and probably in the country (we stayed at Taj Palace in Delhi and it is a little worse).

The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. Our host there, Safoora (I guess that's how it is written) made sure everything worked for our pleasure and even arranged a doctor and medicines when we got a bad cold.

Even though it is located near a high traffic road, the hotel seems sound proof as it is very quiet. At weekends there are several parties in the hotel, so it may not be so quiet then (we don't know because we left before weekend).

The restaurants in the hotel are great and not nearly as expensive as the hotel itself. The local pearl shop can have higher than makert prices, though (however, it is still pretty cheap for western standards).

Hyderabad and Secunderabad

by 1arcman

How far is Secunderabad from Hyderabad? I will be going for a couple of days in September and have never been to this area. Regarding bargaining: aside from the exchange rate there is a cost of living component that is confusing so I usually overpay I'm sure. What seems like vary little in dollars turns out to be significant in rupees. Also, can you recommend decent accomodations that are less than the Taj Krishna?

by edwardseco

Actually it is very hard to tell where one is between the twin cities, they meld together. 'fraid I can't tell you anything about hotels since I stay with family. Check out the neat recommendation section on this site for Hyderabad. Don't eat at the Oberoi, its gone way down (not the price though) with the takeover. Like all big cities in India its getting much more expensive..

by suru

You will never know where hyderabd starts and where secunderabad ends!!
It all looks as a single one city. However people say that the bund towards the airport side is called secunderabad and the other side of the bund is Hyderbad.
You will 'feel' of Hyderabad when you enter Mukkeramjahi market and beyond.

There are many hotels that are less than Taj krishna.Just Google and you will find a lot of hotels.

by madhavishnu

Never bother about the distnace between Hyderabad & secunderabad.
If you are reaching by flight ..you are on the line between & hyderabad & secunderabad.
Ofcouse there are lot many economic places to stay other than the taj ...
depends on where your centre of work shall be ..may be i can help you out ....mail me
luv