Taj Krishna

Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Very Nice Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 5, 2008

The Taj Krishna really is a beautiful hotel. Lots of marble and carvings, an exquisite lobby, and great service. I booked a deluxe room with free upgrade. We checked in and an associate brought up us to our room. Very nice - usual ameneties - coffee/tea maker, fruits and chocolates, safe, bathtub, etc. Big bed with lots of pillows and nice bedding. But I didn't think this was an upgraded room.

Our first night the air conditioning didn't work and it was extrememly hot. I wasn't up to dealing with it being fixed or changing rooms at 2 a.m. The next morning we went to the receptionist and asked what types of rooms they had since they listed superior, deluxe, and club on their website. We were told they only had deluxe and club. I mentioned about the A/C and also asked about the upgrade. They immediately moved us to another room - a club room. Very similar - only addition was a flat screen TV and DVD player. But at least the A/C worked well.

We used the hotel car for sightseeing for 2 days. Hyderabad roads are extremely crowded and dusty and we just didn't want the hassle of taxis or rickshaws. This worked out very well for us and was reasonably priced.

We wanted to try the recommended Golden Dragon restaurant but it wasn't open when we went (too early) and we never had a chance to try again during our stay. We ate all our breakfasts in Encounters. Breakfast was included in our package and was an unbelievably huge buffet - all kinds of Indian and Continental foods - very good. The dining staff was so nice.

All of the staff including the concierge was wonderful and helpful. After straigtening out our first night's stay, we ended up having a great stay. I felt that it was definitely a value for money hotel and would stay if I went back to Hyderabad.

The hotel is in a good location and is even across from a mall (and McDonald's). We didn't go but just reporting for those who might be interested.

It was about a 500 Rupee ride from the airport in the radio cabs outside the airport. The hotel did have airport service but it was about 1200 Rupees. The ride was about an hour.

mysticbutterfly37's Profile Photo

Hyderabad's Best Hotel and hotel staff

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 21, 2006

This was my first time out of the United States, and I got to come to India with my husband who is working here on business. So I got to take some time for myself and relax and do some sightseeing, meet all kinds of people, and make new friends.

The room is awesome. The TV is huge and there are only 10 channels that me, being an American would watch, and that's fine. There's also a dvd player in the room, which makes it nice if you bring some dvd's with you to watch on your trip. There are a few movie channels, so there's always something to watch.

We were there for 4 and a half months and I made the staff practically bend over backwards to please me. I had them getting me fruit and making sure that when we ordered room service that it was just what we asked for. It was Diwali tonight, and I even requested that they turn off some lights outside so that we could see the fireworks better through our hotel window, and they had them turned off about 10 minutes after we called them.

The Taj Kristna is a great, personable hotel to stay at, especially if your going to be here for a few months.

Unique Quality: The Pool is awesome and the view of the city is excellent. The pool view rooms however are quieter. The staff at this hotel is outstanding compared to other hotels that I have been to. They will do their best to please you and get you what you want. The staff is there to please the guests, and that's awesome.

Directions: There will be a mall opening up across the street soon, so there might be a bit more traffic and noise then there is at this current moment in time.

wlightfoot's Profile Photo

A pretty good Hotel for Hyderabad

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2006

While driving around Hyderabad for a few days, and getting an eyeful of the place, I think it’s safe to say that this Hotel is probably one of the good ones with in the City. With the all the congestion / poverty / filth / etc., It was good to get behind the walls of the Krishna.

Bars close too early.
Food was good.
Rooms mediocre.
Service Ok

PLENTY OF CHOICE, FROM 5 STAR...

by written on August 26, 2002

PLENTY OF CHOICE, FROM 5 STAR HOTEL TO AN ORDINARY HOTEL :- GRAND KAKATIYA / TAJ KRISHNA /HOTEL GOLKONDA/ HOTEL DWARAKA / HOTEL NOBLE / HOTEL VICEROY/HOTEL AMRUTHA CASTLE / HOTEL GREEN PARK / BASERA & ETC.

Unique Quality: AVAILABLE FROM US$20 TO US$150

• Continental Breakfast
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Hyderabad Travel Forum

Need advice about Hyderabad, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Hyderabad and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hyderabad hotel reviews