Bay Leaf - Ayurveda Spa & Resort

Plot A, Ocean Drive, Sagar Nagar, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, 530045, India
Bay Leaf - Ayurveda Spa & Resort
Agoda.com Tingo.com Travelocity

More about Vishakhapatnam

View from the hotel room at the Park HotelView from the hotel room at the Park Hotel

So what's a good thing to do in Vizag

by ChadSteve1975

I'm travelling to India for a friend's birthday next month. We'll be staying at the Sheration. During some of the days my friend has organised for the 4 of us friends travelling with him to do a few day trips. Outside of that I don't know what I'm doing... I don't know much about Vizag. I've seen a bit about the generic tourist spots. Thats about it.

I don't want to eat at the Sheraton every night. Where is a good place we could eat?

Also where is a good place to shop for clothes? Whats a fair price to be paying for this sort of stuff. I want the low down

My friend hasn't really lived there for close to 8 years. Sure he may be with us alot. But I want to experience some of Vizag myself. Your help would be appreciated.

Chad

by radz

:) you can ask alycat@vt.

by suru

You will not find City like atmosphere in Vizag..It is kind ofa big town. You can go to Dolphine Hotel to have good food. If you are adventurous you have can real andhra meal in one of the "messes" there..(locals will be able to guide you as there many of them).
There are no place to shop for clothes as most of the things are brought from either Hyderabad or Calcutta. You can not have varieties and the good ones are a bit expensive too. Afraid there is no good shopping for clothes in Vizag except you may get some good varieties of sarees for ladies.

However Vizag is realy a scenic place. Make a visit to Kailash giri( a small hill from where you can view whole of vizag and the sea view is simply superb.Some films have been picurised there). Also you can make a day's visit to Burra caves and Araku valley. Also you can visit Bheemulipatnam.

If you are religious you can visit to Annavaram and simhachalam temples.

by lady2byrd

Hi Chad
Vizag is my home town though now I stay in Kerala with my family. However my Mum and brothers (three of them ) all live in Vizag. They would be happy to help out if you need any Will send you their mail ID once I check out with them
When are you planning on visiting
Cheers
Bibiana

RE: RE: So what's a good thing to do in Vizag

by Lindakka

There is a department store in downtown Vizag. It is "CMR". It has everything from diapers to clothes, dishes, furniture. I bought a salwar kameez there last year and the quality was excellent.

Lindakka