Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 828
Dhoramnath Monastery, Than: Off the Beaten Path Accomodation
The Siddha Shree Dhoramnath Monastery is located in Than, about 60 km north-west of Bhuj, bordering the Rann of Khachchh.
The monastery is inhabited by the resident monk, his mother, a cook, a groundskeeper and a couple of students/pilgrims.
Guests (who are few and far between ~ the last signature in the guestbook was from half a year earlier) are given a mat to roll out on the floor of a room in the main building. You do need to bring your own sleeping bag/bedding. It's very basic accomodation; there is a toilet, but no shower.
- Reviews: 828
Monastery: Dhoramnath Monastery, Than
The cook at the monastery will make dinner, but only tea for breakfast, so it's best to bring some snacks with you for the next morning.
In addition to the people, there is also a temple dog. . .and he barked the entire night we were there, so earplugs might be a good idea if you're a light sleeper. :-)
The people are incredible ~ we witnessed an amazing puja ritual, were invited into the temple's inner sanctum for a blessing, then passed part of the evening playing badminton with our hosts in the courtyard. . .all just a three-hour walk from the border with Pakistan.
The monastery is a treat in itself, but it's also a great base for climbing to the Shree Dhoramnath Temple on a hill behind.
- Reviews: 828
Hotel Anam: Bhuj Accomodation
Nothing spectacular here ~ the Hotel Anam was clean, cheap and conveniently located. I did a search on the web and it appears to still be in operation. This hotel meets all the basic needs ~ especially in Gujarat, an area of the country where the tourist infrastructure is rough.
- Reviews: 5
City Guest House: Reasonable place to stay in Bhuj
Bhuj is not a tourist destination comparing to other parts of India so you do not have so many options to choose from. City guest House is a place in the center of the city which is around 6$ per night. Rooms are minimum but enough and clean which is really important. It was a good place for the money you're paying. It seems that they renovatre it recently because I read bad reviews from this place before going there but it's completely reasonable and a good option for a place like Bhuj. I would recommend it for budget travellers.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Bhuj Cheap Hotels
- Search and Compare Hotels. Book Online for the Best Rates www.tripbase.com/Bhuj-Hotels
- Find Cheap Hotels
- Save 60% on Hotel Rooms! Comparison Shopping Made Easy. www.lowfares.com/Hotel-Reservations
- India Hotel Packages
- National Geographic Award Winner. Custom Itineraries. Private Guides. www.voyagetrek.com/India_Travel
Explore the World
- Hotels in Bhuj, India
- Hotels In Bhuj India No reservation costs. Great rates. www.booking.com/
- Bhuj Cheap Hotel Deals
- Compare & Book Hotels Today. Find the Best Prices at Hotels.com™ www.hotels.com/Bhuj
- Bhuj hotels
- 70% off Hotel Direct Rates Asia Discount Hotel Specialists bhuj.hotels.asia.com/
- Hotel Mangalam - Bhuj
- Priceline Cheap Hotel Deals. No Bidding Required. www.priceline.com/Hotels
- Hotels - Up to 70% Off
- Find the Cheapest Hotel Rooms Now Compare Rates up to 70% Off! www.travelzoo.com/