Palitana Hotels

Our Members Say

• toonhut profile photo toonhut
  • Reviews: 143

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oswal Yatri Gruh: Nearby, affordable, spacious

It's quite close to Shatrunjay hill (a Rs10-20 taxi ride away).

Its large interior of two floors overlooks their private big Jain temple and an absolutely lovely garden. They avoid using the lights of the garden at night so be sure to take a calming stroll inside while there's daylight.

Don'texpect any of the lodgings in the area to be like a hotel or with air conditioning but the rooms are alright. It has 24hr hot water.

Their own dining area offers all-you-can-eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner for unbelievable prices of Rs20, Rs35, and Rs20. Modest, hot, good food. Room for four people per night is Rs200 (around $8). On Jain festivals they will probably be completely booked.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Religious Travel, Historical Travel, Architecture
  • Written November 29, 2008
Tip Photo

Some blossoms inside their garden

• herzog63 profile photo herzog63
  • Reviews: 2254

I Don't Remember: Mosquito City

I don't remember the name of the Hotel that I stayed in but I do remember the mosquitos!! They were huge and they bit alot!! I had stopped taking my malaria tabs as I had forgotten and then decided to stop. But I had a good scare as my moquito net had some holes in it and one morning I woke up with hundreds of mosquito bites on my right arm!! I thought for sure I'd come down with something!! But ...Knock on Wood...nothing bad happened. I had the hotel people change the mosquito net for my 2nd night. They were nice and did. This was in one of the cheaper hotels so you probably don't have to worry if you spending a few more Rupees. I'm sure I didn't pay more than US $1. My India trip was done on the cheap! I wanted to travel for a long time but didn't have alot of extra money.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive