Gulmarg Hotels

Our Members Say

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pine Palace Resort (Part 2)

Here are some photographs of our suite room at the Pine Palace Resort. The room is decorated in traditional Indian style and is quite comfortable. The heating system is adequate and we had a living room in addition to the bedroom. Overall, we enjoyed the stay at the Pine Palace Resort.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Skiing and Boarding, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written April 5, 2008
Tip Photo

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pine Palace Resort (Part 1)

My wife and I stayed at the Pine Palace Resort when we were at Gulmarg. This is a nice resort which is close to the cable car station at the heart of Gulmarg town.

We were given a suite room, with a bedroom and living room. The resort is nice but the quality cannot be comparable to similar places in Europe and North America. The winter in Gulmarg is very cold but we were given lots of blankets, heating bags and the rooms have heaters. During our stay, there was some problem with the hot water in the bathroom because the pipes were frozen.

More information at part 2 of this tip.

• Related to: Skiing and Boarding, Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing
  • Written April 5, 2008
Tip Photo

Pine Palace Resort, Gulmarg, Kashmir

• jack_Aus profile photo jack_Aus
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Pine Palace: best ski in ski out hotel

The Best ski in ski out hotel in gulmarg...The Ideal Evening Parties are a hit...The Food is Excellent and the staff is courteous ...You can ski out of your bedroom at Pine Palace ...
Will come back

Perfect Ski In Ski Out Destitination,Good Food ,Great Staff and the happening place in Winters

• Related to: Skiing and Boarding
  • Written March 29, 2008

• vickss profile photo vickss
  • Reviews: 113

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pine Palace Resort: Dont expect much

Well, I had big expectations from this place as it boasted of a 3* rating so was utterly disappointed. However, to be fair there are not much options in Gulmarg and I guess the only worthwhile place(Highlands Park) is a lil costly but on hindsight I think thats the only good place to stay in Gulmarg. Pine Palace charged me about Rs 3300 per night for a double bed room with breakfasts included. On a normal day I would not have paid more than Rs 1500 for this place..
The staff was courteous but had a lil trouble understanding Hindi.. so I didnt try English. The rooms were pretty much cramped and linen appeared partially stained. There is a problem of electricity in the whole of Kashmir as there are intermittent breakdowns. The hotel which boasts of a 3* rating was offering candles rather than backup lighting. The bathrooms(though having a bathtub) was even more cramped than the room and looked dirty enough not to attract me to use the tub.
Food was pretty mediocre even though to be fair I dont like Kashmiri food so I am not sure if it was good(as claimed by some websites). However, it is well located.. right next to the gondola.
I would strongly recommend anyone booking Pine Palace to refrain and try Highlands Park if it is vacant

The only commendable thing about the place was electric mattresses which could be used to warm the bed during winters.. But I didnt try it so dont know if it actually worked.

The fact that it was close to gondola was nice and a lil away from the immediate touristy place so a lil less crowded.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average