State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels

Our Members Say

• vsiva profile photo vsiva

Cottage staying: Heevan Resorts Srinagar's Best Hotel

Our stay in SRINAGAR,J&K, was a memoriable one due to the execellent facilities available in the hotel,gorgeous amenities and personalised service provided .
Certainly, we recommand this hotel to others.
Good location,4star facilities at the affordable cost,nice ambeience and many more.
Go,Stay and feel it.

Facilities and great natural scenic views.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Family Travel, Photography
  • Written April 15, 2014

• zorastzend profile photo zorastzend

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

J.K.T.D.C.: log huts in phalgaum. KASHMIR. INDIA.

JAMMU KASHMIR TOURIST DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION. HAVE SUPER LOG HUTS IN PHALGAUM. 2 BHK HUTS ARE NICE WITH CLEAN TOILETS AND HOT WATER GEYSERS , ALL BEDS HAVE ELECTRIC BLANKETS AND SUFFICIENT NUMBERS OF BLANKETS. YOU WOULD GET AN ATTACHED KITCHEN ( GAS PROVIDED ON REQUEST AND A NOMINAL FEE PER DAY) WITH BASIC UTENSILS. THERE IS ALWAYS A CARETAKER ON CALL.THE BALCONY SIT OUT IS AS WIDE AS THE BUNGALOW. ALL BUNGALOWS ARE WELL SPACED OUT. . ALWAYS GO PREPARED FOR RAIN AND SHARP WINDS, IN THE MOUNTAINS ONE MOMENT YOU WOULD HAVE BRIGHT SUNSHINE AND NEXT FEW MINUTES IT WOULD BE COLD AND WET/ RAINING.AS TOURISM IS THE ONLY INDUSTRY IN KASHMIR, ALL HORSE MEN ARE OUT TO JIP YOU. BARGAIN ON EVERYTHING , EVEN IF THEY HAVE A RATE BOARD PUT UP. LEARN TO SAY 'NO' AND AVOID BEING CURIOUS WITH THE PAIN IN THE BUTT SHAWL CHAPS, THEY WILL DRIVE YOU NUTS.

THE VIEW IS ASTOUNDING - I SAY - SWITZERLAND(ON A MINISCULE SCALE) LOOKS LIKE KASHMIR , NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Mountain Climbing, Family Travel, Horse Riding
  • Written May 21, 2013
Tip Photo

IF THERE IS HEAVEN ON EARTH IT IS THIS.IT IS THIS.

• rais007 profile photo rais007

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dharma tours and travels: a complete travel solution

3 Nights / 4 Days

Day 1st:Reception At Srinagar Airport,Transfer To Houseboat

/ Hotel Shikara ride On Lake By The Evening.

Day 2nd:Full Day Trip To Gulmarg (Valley Of Flower) And Return

To Srinagar Overnight Stay Houseboat / Hotel.

Day 3rd:A Round Trip To Historical Mughal Garden.

1.Shankaracharya Temple, 2. Tulip Garden.(april to May)

3.Nishat Bagh, 4. Shalimar Bagh, 5. Chesmashahi Bagh.

6.Pari Mahal, 7. Zabarwan Park, 8.Evening Culture Show.

Day 4th:Depature To Onward Destination Drop At Srinagar

Airport Or Jammu Station.

1.They feel pleasure to introduced their above Name & Style of travel agency to you and your concern.

2. They are having full package of many types of tours for Jammu and Kashmir / Himachal Pradesh/Punjab /Ladakh which have being looked after our trained hand executives and their tour managers to keep mall our valued clients to feel them at home.

3. They are having different type of package which will suit to all of you & your concern .

4. They are dealing with school Excuscirsions and long tours with special discount in Railways as applicable to students.

5. They make arrangements for night stay accommodation in hotels/house boats where ever it is available.

6. They shall be glad to provide you our tour manager to finalize your tour, if you have any special idea ,to discuss for the programme & cost.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel, Adventure Travel
  • Written October 19, 2011

their front veiw.

• anil.kmr profile photo anil.kmr

Golden Privilage Houseboats: UNFORGATABLE HOLIDYA IN KASHMIR

I'm a seasoned traveler and have enjoyed the luxurious comforts of several star resorts and hotels around the world. But the Houseboat experience on the beautiful Nigeen Lake surrounded by the views of the snow-capped Himalayan mountains, and cheerful flower merchants on their boats adorned with bright yellow blossoms offset against colorful pansies in springtime is sublimity personified! I felt like a protagonist in a romance novel. The setting was just perfect to that effect. I stayed at "The Floating Palace" which is part of the Golden Privilege Group of Houseboats. Although I had heard quite a bit about the historic houseboats of Srinagar, nothing prepared me for the sheer grandeur of this lavishly furnished boat (fitted with all the modern amenities one would need) I was going stay in. The elaborately carved walnut woodwork interiors, splendid rugs, intricately carved furnishings and the famed Khatamband ceiling unique to Kashmir not only lends a royal touch to the place but also stands testament to the creative genius of the Kashmiri craftsmen.
Mr. Sameer Ahmmad himself was there to welcome us and ensure that we were comfortably settled in. The boat keeper in charge (a very sweet and friendly man) was always at our beck and call attending to our every need. It was hospitality par excellence !
I enjoyed every moment of my stay at the Golden Privilege Group of Houseboats.

YOU CAN CONTACT " GOLDEN PRIVILAGE HOUSEBOATS" @
E-Mail:- contactitckashmir@gmail.com
Phone:- +91-99067100008, 9419074182
Web: www.kashmirhoidaypackages.com

ENJOY YOU HOLIDAY AND HAVE A UNFORGATABLE TIME IN KASHMIR AS I HAD

• Related to: Photography, Arts and Culture, Seniors
  • Written April 14, 2011

Nigeen Lake

• robindergeetsingh profile photo robindergeetsingh

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

golden priviladge houseboats: kashmir houseboats

We recently visited Srinagar with the purpose of staying in a houseboat on Nigeen Lake and to see the surrounding area for 4 days. We arrived in Srinagar not knowing which houseboat to choose but had a few names of boats in mind from searching the net. There were many people at the airport trying to take our business to their houseboat but we wanted to see a few before we decided. One man was very polite and not pushy so we went with him. He told us that he would take us by shikara to see his houseboats (part of the Golden Priviladge Houseboats), but that he would also take us to see any other houseboats we wanted and let us decide. We visited 6 houseboats in total, and at the end decided that the Golden Priviladge Group of Houseboats was the nicest in looks, cleanliness and location. We were also happy that the individuals we met from Golden Priviladge seemed to be nice without being aggressive.

During our four days, Mr. Sameer, our host and owner of the houseboatk, arranged a number of activities for us to see the surrounding areas as well as sights, sounds and events in Srinagar. We were served fantastic Kashmiri food, and dinner was a daily highlight. They were able to make any type of food but we chose the local kashmiri food and they catered to whatever we felt like eating. It was very nice to meet and get to know Sameer, his staff, and his family. By the end of our 4 days we departed for the airport, but were so sad to leave that we changed our flights at the last minute to stay for another 4 days.

On the Golden Priviladge Group of Houseboats we were treated to fantastic service, beautiful scenery, wonderful food, and most of all, gracious and warm hosts. We will be recommending Golden Priviladge Houseboats to our family in India and friends around the world.
Link to There Web: http://kashmirholidaypackages.com/
Phone: +91-9906710008, 9419074182

• Related to: Water Sports, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written January 26, 2011

nigeen lake

• arunpatail profile photo arunpatail

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Paradise Camping Resort: A Dream Resort in Haven(Paradise Camping Resort)

Stayed at Paradise Camping Resort sonmarg during the amarnath yatra for Two night on the 29th of july.there are not many options to stay at sonmarg and among them Paradise Camping Resort the best best One can categorize it into a 3 star .awesome location between the meadows and facing the glacier. The Tent I stayed was quite big and the attached bathroom was very Good with modern amenities and the bed sheets and towels were clean .In the dinner they only serve buffets and that too is not worth the money. Food was pathetic in the breakfast. They use only powder milk in tea and coffee. But still the other hotels glacier heights and sonmarg glaciers have lesser standards then Paradise Camping Resort.3500 rupees for the night with Break and Dinner was worth the money.

I HIGHLY RECOMAND YOU PARADISE CAMPING RESORTS ( SONAMARG)
One can contact them at:
Web: www.paradisecampingresorts.com
Phone: +91-9906710008, 9419074182

A beautiful resort srounded by hemaliyan snowcovered moutain rang.

• Related to: Mountain Climbing, Hiking and Walking, Camping
  • Written January 20, 2011
Tip Photo

• shriyans profile photo shriyans
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PHALGAON, SHRINAGAR: HEEVAN RESORTS ( AHAD GROUP)

PLEASE NOTE -this is a personnel experience neither a paid blog nor any commercial advertisement.

As our tour was not a planned one, we had the opportunity for searching the hotels around at shrinagar, gulmarg, phalgaon, sonmarg.

Heevan resorts has hotels in phalgaon, gulmarg & shrinagar.

PHALGAON - we stayed at the heevan resort. BEST LOCATION FOR STAYING, VERY GOOD SERVICE, GOOD FOOD ( THOUGH THEIR PREPARATION TIME IS BIT LENGTHY). GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. STAYED 2 DAYS
NOTE - YOU COULD GET UPTO 40 % DISCOUNT ON ROOM TARIFF IF YOU ARE NOT GOING IN A PEAK SEASON. ( SEASON GENERALLY STARTS FROM LAST WEEK OF MARCH).

GULMARG - STAYED AT HOTEL HILL TOP ( AS ROOMS WERE NOT AVAILABLE AT HEEVAN).

HOTEL HILLTOP - VERY NICE HOTEL. VERY GOOD ROOMS. GOOD SERVICE. FOOD IS COSTLY. GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. STAYED 2 DAYS

SHRINAGAR -

HOUSE BOAT - MY SUGGESTION STAY ONLY FOR A DAY AT HOUSE BOAT. WORTH A EXPERIENCE

HOTEL HEEVAN SHRINAGAR - VERY GOOD HOTEL. EXCELLENT ROOMS. VERY GOOD SERVICE.FULLY SATISFIED. STAYED 3 DAYS.

HOTEL HEEVAN PHALGAON - BEST LOCATION, NEAR A FLOWING RIVER.

HOTEL HILL TOP, GULMARG - VERY CLOSE BY TO GANDOLA ( ROPE WAY) AND SKYING ROPE LIFT.

HOTEL HEEVAN , SHRINAGAR - NEWELY CONSTRUCTED, GOOD ROOMS. CLOSE TO NISHANT BAGH.

• Related to: Family Travel, Skiing and Boarding
  • Written April 3, 2010

• AKHTARSAYYAD profile photo AKHTARSAYYAD
  • Reviews: 52

Heart of city.Shrinagar: Hotel Shaan

Cheap but all facilities..
Shikara's are very expenssive,it is less than Half ofhte price u have to pay Shikara

• Written November 1, 2009

• Ecstasy8 profile photo Ecstasy8
  • Reviews: 3

Intercontinental Grand Palace: Srinagar's best hotel

I didn't actually stay the night here, but I went to all the hotels in Srinagar and rented a houseboat on Dal Lake and then had many meals and cocktails at the Grand Palace. The quality of service improved a lot from my first visit in 2003 until my last visit in 2006. The decor is refined, the boutique sells beautiful (though small) clothing and luxurious goods. The gardens are spectacular, where I like to have cocktails or dinner. The service is gracious. Some beautiful artwork and decor throughout the hotel, though haven't seen the rooms...

The gardens and certainly a great venue for an event. Feels very classy, though understated in a good way.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Castles and Palaces
  • Written April 2, 2009

• Ecstasy8 profile photo Ecstasy8
  • Reviews: 3

Intercontinental Grand Palace: Srinagar's best hotel

• Written April 2, 2009

• G.smith profile photo G.smith

BLOOMING DALE: Kashmir best experience

I was rather scared to go to Kashmir after hearing all the news and watching some disturbing pictures on web/tv.Some how talking to friends who had just returned from Kashmir I was somewhat encouraged to go to Kashmir.But again reaching Delhi I watched some horrible stuff on TV and was just to change my mind but than I called my( would be) host in Srinagar(who was strongly reccommended to me by my friend who said I found this place just by chance) and talking to him I somewhat felt like giving it a try for at least a day or two.In deed it was a fantastic flight flying over the himalayas and than landing in the valley of paradise(thats how kashmir has been described).Comming out of the terminal I was again scared looking all that army arround untill I found my host(BLOOMING DALE hotel) displaying my name on a placard...........soon we jumped into to the car and drove away.It was spring and the drive was spectacular.as there were the trees with the blooming blossoms peach,apple and blooming almond orchards.We reached BLOOMING DALE guest house and I was welcomed with the kashmir tea great aroma..as they said its made with cinamon,cardamom,green tea,saffron.as I could taste the saffron and that golden yellow color.Suddenly I started feeling SAFE..............and all the apprehensions just vanished.My host said you can relax and we shall see arround tommorow....you must be tired...............I was but I this tea refreshed me indeed.I said I am refreshed can we do it now........and we started seeing Srinagar.

It was BLOOMING DALE++ 91 -194 2479999,++ + 9419007023,,,I strongly feel that made my trip to KASHMIR unforgettable and I look forward to be back to explore more of KASHMIR.I am told the fall(autumn) is spectacular as wel.I would be happy if my experience helps anybody......cheers

George.

One really feels just COMFORTABLE with the real PERSONALISED SERVICE and care without any compromise to privacy.

• Related to: Family Travel, Backpacking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 16, 2007

• Swadeshika profile photo Swadeshika
  • Reviews: 44

Vardaan Resorts: Top of the mountain hotel

Vardaan Resorts is a nice hotel overlooking the Pine trees. It is bulit on the Pir Panjal Ranges.
We are told that it gets covered with snow during the winters

Vardaan Resorts has a nice place in the centre which is a good place to view the valley.The food was excellent and so was a staff which was attentive at the same time non intrusive.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Religious Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written May 23, 2007

• rasta_man profile photo rasta_man
  • Reviews: 10

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Young Ceylon, Dal Lake, Srinagar: The Unique Houseboat Experience

It's difficult to pick the best house-boat, with the time constraints. This one was quite comfortable and the staff was very cooperative. We had to bargain for the price, but in the end we had no regrets. We tried another houseboat on the return leg and found this one was a lot better. Loved the Kashmiri tea (Kahwa) that they served us as often and as much as we liked. They also provide a personal shikara to transport you to and fro. The bathrooms leave a lot to be desired and hot water is available only in the mornings, since they use a boiler to heat the water. The rooms have a wooden divider between them so not too much privacy. Would help if you had the whole houseboat to yourself, but that would cost a bomb.

The sound of the water lapping against the sides and the gentle rocking is quite an experience, but it needs some getting used to. Sitting outside in the make-shift foyer is interesting. You can watch the world go by in shikaras. You can buy anything from fruits to soap to jewelery from the shikaras.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Eco-Tourism
  • Written March 24, 2006

• rasta_man profile photo rasta_man
  • Reviews: 10

Log Huts, Gulmarg: Best Place to Stay in Gulmarg

This is the best place to stay....very different from the impersonal hotels. You get a personal house-keeper who looks after your every need and cooks good meals. The keeper even taught us some Kashmiri.

The hut has a small living room, bedroom and kitchen. It is very secluded and quite a distance from the next one. The best part were the electric blankets.....oooh ....very welcome in the biting cold. Loved the way the wooden floor creaked as you walked in the hut. We had the view of the golf course in the front and the snow-capped mountains from the back.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Eco-Tourism, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 24, 2006

Location of the Log Huts

• guruosho profile photo guruosho

Intercontinental The Grand Palace: Great Place for Vaccation

I stayed here for 2 nights - March 3 & 4 2006. And had a great time. The ambience, location, setting are all really beautiful.

Rates
Published rate - Rs. 8,000/night
The off-season rate I could get over phone - Rs. 6400/- incl. Breakfast and taxes.
My Agent's rate - Rs. 5700/- incl Breakfast and taxes.
(All prices in Indian Currency. X rate as on today1US $ = Rs. 45)

A few other comments

Rooms - Opens into the lush green lawns of the hotel through a balcony. I really relished sitting in the balcony amidst oodles of natural beauty...On the negative side a) its not centrally heated - i had to use two heaters to keep warm b) rooms are not carpeted. So the floor got really cold and one has to use slippers (thankfully 2 pairs of bathroom slippers are provided). Put these two minor irritants aside and you have a reall class hotel for you.

Restaurants- On the down side, it has just 1restaurant that too with a limited menu. But on the upside, the food is really yum! I had my best food in my journey of 8 days here. I'm a pure vegeterian, so can vouch for the veg stuff. You should try out the Panner Kathi roll for sure - its the best I've had. Just another thing, the rates are on the higer side - Panner Butter Masala for Rs. 240.00 Plus taxes. Buffet = Rs. 550 per head.

Other facilities - It has a heated indoor pool amongst other facilities and having read about it on their site I was really waiting to have a dip but to my great dissapointment it was not functional. I gather its been this for some time now. You should check if particular

Business centre - I wanted to copy the photos on my digi cam to a CD. And thankfully, the Business centre had a CD writer but not so thankfully, had no CD's to write on. Otherwise its quite well equiped with printers, net connection ( a dialup - very slow) copiers etc. Charges - Min Rs. 200/hour.

As I said if it falls within your budget then its the Best you can get in Srinagar.

If you are looking for greenery, lawns etc besides your room then this is the hotel. For besides The Grand Intercontinental and the Centaur Lake View, I could not see the breathing space of the lawns, gardens and all in any other hotel that i could have a glimpse of during the course of my stay in Srinagar.

You could have a helicopter at your service from this hotel transferring you directly to Gulmarg if you so choose with prior booking. We had a group of around 15 tourists who used this service to go to Gulmarg, Ski and then come back. the helicopter took just around 20 mins to drop at Gulmarg and come back. By road it would take you around 2 hours to reach Gulmarg. I am not aware of the rates for this service but you could enquire or may be you could enquire of Deccan Aviation Services or Bharat Aviation Services.

See a pic in pics uploaded by me.

• Written March 14, 2006