Vardaan Hotel Jammu

Near Gen Bus Stand, JP Chowk, Jammu City, Jammu and Kashmir, 180001, India
Vardaan Hotel Jammu
Agoda.com Expedia.com

More about Jammu

I did not pull the curtain. . .I did not pull the curtain. . .

"Serious" military guy"Serious" military guy

Elegant, no?Elegant, no?

Worshipper?Worshipper?

Travel Tips for Jammu

Did I say proselytism?

by kokoryko

Elephant, pilgrims and. . . . .pigs. . . . I was sitting in a motor-rickshaw when the traffic suddenly was stopped by a procession in the upper part of the city; we had to wait the procession passes by before we could proceed, and police, traffic lights, could not do anything for the people waiting in their cars. . . for the tourist it was of course a good thing to watch these guys passing by. . . !
It was interesting too, to look at the people on the street when they passed by: people did not care at all (or did like that!); in fact in the streets, most people are Muslims, and they do not feel concerned by that sort of procession. But there are also Hindu holy places, and Hindu worshippers walk also on their holy grounds. . . but I had a . . . how to say? (write) an incredibly strange feeling when I saw this big pig (picture 3) (I am used to see pigs in the countryside of the place where I live) in a Muslim populated place; I felt it like a sort of a provocation, which it probably is not! I have seen people in Algiers throwing stones at a lost boar in Algeria, I know a bit what a pig inspires to a Muslim. . . . . You see lots of cows and other animals in the streets of the Indian cities, but not a lot of pigs, and here, in this mostly Muslim city, I really felt it like a provocation. . .. . But it was only what I felt, I do not know how true my feeling was. . . . but the kids cared more of the foreigner with his camera than of the pig. . . . . . .

Comments