Chicago Group of Houseboats

Golden Dal Lake, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, 190 001, India

Hostelworld.com

• Kashmir's Most Elegant Houseboat

I highly recommend the Chicago Houseboat. This magical little carved palace is the perfect place to relax, read and soak up the serenity. The actual houseboat is just beautiful - formal sitting rooms with plush carved armchairs, the dining table with fine china, ancient rugs lining the floors and walls. The care and attention I received was incredible. I was there on my own for one week and was taken such good care of - Ajaz was magnificent, even before I had arrived he was taking care of so many other arrangements for me - air flights, hotel rooms in Delhi, even having someone pick me up at the airport when I first arrived into India. Ajaz was always incredibly responsive and generous with his time. I will always have very fond memories of visiting the gardens with him and going shopping in the market. Mohamed and Khan were also wonderful. If you visit you must have breakfast with Mohamed in his kitchen and take a Gondola ride with Khan. And of course a hike into the Himalayas is almost a prerequisite. What an amazing experience hiking and riding and drinking salty purple tea in mud huts. I will always remember my trip to Kashmir and it was Ajaz and his Chicago Houseboat that made it so wonderful!

Unique Quality: Excellent accommodation, magnificent view, outstanding views.

• Best accomodation in Srinagar

Had an awesome time at this house-boat. The staff here quickly became great friends of ours! the food was great, the scenery was beautiful and they also organised a trek through the Himalayas which was one of the best experiences of our lives.

Really great value for money! we only expected to stay in Srinagar for 5 days but ended up staying for 2 weeks!

My friend and I became seriously ill due to food we had eaten in Delhi, the staff at Chicago Group of House Boats took us to the local doctor and then helped nurse us back to health.

Unique Quality: Very friendly and caring staff! All meals included in price.
    Day excursions, treks and other adventures available.

Directions: Head to Dal lake and take a Shikara. The boatsman will know where to go.

Comments