CK27 Koramangala

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Bangalore

keralite educated in Australia living in Bangalorekeralite educated in Australia living in Bangalore

Location map (http://www.mapsofindia.com)Location map (http://www.mapsofindia.com)

Suitable hotel for two days- I have a baby with me

Hi ,
we are travelling from Singapore to Bangalore first week of Jan 2006.We will be staying for 2 days . I am looking for a reasonable but decent hotel accomodation . Husband and I are travelling with our 10 month old baby.

Any suggestions anyone??Any travel tips? and how much is the normal taxi fare from airport to the city side?Should we book the hotel first from here itself? As we will most probably be arriving on New Year's day

Thanks in advance.
PS:I am originally from Kolkatta.

RE: Suitable hotel for two days- I have a baby with me

by cuppadamoksha

Please make advance reservations as hotel rooms are always difficult to confirm in bangalore .. what category of hotel are you looking for.. St Mark's Hotel on St Marks's road is good as it is in the city centre ..4 star category .

the weather will still be quite chill in Jan so carry light woolens.

I would reccommend a prepaid taxi from the airport to your hotel as that will avoid any problems when you arrive esp since you are travelling with a baby .

There are counter just as soon as you leave the immigration counters and are about the exit the airport to the right is the counter for a company called AKBAR TRAVELS. They are a reliable company .

Please mail me if you have any other questions

RE: Suitable hotel for two days- I have a baby with me

by vivek_gowda

well u r from kolkata then there is no require of more advice to u i think,well it will be bit cold here in jan so 1st cover ur baby with warm cloathes n use only mineral water of reliable companies like Kinley n Bislery.
n pre paid taxi is best n better,per book ur room in hotel.u can take ur room in Leela Palace which is near to Airport for convience

by alucaro

Hi thank you for your replies... I have one more question.. we are planning to take a bus to got o Vailankanni for a day.. is the weather still bad in bangalore? Is its ok to travel by bus?

by cuppadamoksha

try n take a luxury volvo bus.. it is still raining but not as heavily as before.. much more manageable.. just the reg banglore showers..light but right thru the day..looks like rain today as well.. plz carry enuf woolies for ur baby coz nite weather can drop to 14degrees esp if it has rained during the day . Vailankkani shd be ok as well..a frnd just returned last weekend .

by alucaro

My fren in Bangalore suggested a bus with sleeper coaches didn't know such things existed in india.:) So i think after your suggestion as well.. we will go ahead with the Vailankanni trip.

Travel Tips for Bangalore

For that latte you are missing...

by mrtourne about Cafe Coffee Day

Ah, the trappings of western life have a way of migrating East, from malls to KFC. So I guess overpriced coffee had to be part of that trend.

Coffee Day is the local version of Starbucks (almost down to the detail, including the shelf with mugs and teas for sale) - a nice, almost luxurious chain by indian standards (although some infrastructure things still betray the local customs, such as the nice water heater visible on the way into the cafe on Richmond Road at St Mark's). And while you can get your coffee fix, the customs are different and more posh. You can sit down on a couch, order, someone will bring the coffee and whatever you decide to nosh on to your table, where noone will rush you and you can have a nice time chatting with your friends, reading a book or whatever suits you. So the ambience is a bit sanitized. Phew, tell it to the non-believers and bring me another latte...

Seriously though, although Coffee Day is more expensive than the norm here (we are talking 35 or so rupees for a latte, or less than 1 dollar, where regular coffee on any regular street place will be 3-5 rupees or so), there are two things to say for it. One, the place is very comfortable and relaxed, which is very welcome especially after listening to car horns for an hour or so. And two, the food is safe, if somewhat generic (the cakes, I found, were the same ones offered by Sodexho at my office's break room) so you can quickly eat something if you want to get any hunger out of the way, and not have to fear Delhi Belly.

As with Starbucks, not all Coffee Day shops are made equal and some are nicer than others (though in general they are ALL nicer / cleaner than most Starbucks back in the US). I found the one at Vittal Mallya Rd at Lavelle was pretty popular on a Sunday evening around 7-8 PM with the young and trendy in their scooters, so check it out. Very good coffee - got my lattes with 2 shots of espresso (which is appropriately named a Red Eye Latte here), the milk was foamy and supple, the coffee not bitter in any way. For a quick dash of spice you can order a samosa, otherwise the cakes are alright (pineapple being the best)

Bangalore the Garden City

by bradbeaman

Bangalore Captial of Karnataka.

"Vidhana Soudha"

The Karnataka State Capital building called Vidhana Soudha was built in 1956 to "Reflect the Power and Dignity of the People."

This building houses the State Legislature of Karnatakaand is currently under an expansion.

"The Wooden Palace"

Tippu Sulatans summer palace is in the city market area next to the Venkataramana Temple. It was finished in 1791 by Tippu Sultan It is unusual for the period because it is built in wood where the other structures of the time were built in stone. Much of the original palace was destroyed.

Comments